Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

Just note that Formula 1 is nothing like drive to survive and you may be thoroughly disappointed at how boring and poo poo it is

Do not deny this man the beauty that is Ferrari Ferraring it up. Or Mercedes doubling down on terrible decisions.

It's different than DTS but there definitely is some drama and entertainment to the actual races.

Also you get to support the main protagonist of Formula 1, Fernando Alonso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Elendil004 posted:

When I used to watch MotoGP, the races usually had like 45 mins of pre-race discussion on the current drama and stuff, is that similar with F1 coverage or do I need to get all that here instead?

I know that D2Survive is edited to be interesting, but it's made me interested in watching the races and like, getting a little invested and stuff.

F1TV does a weekend warmup, qualifying show, and a pre and post race shows. They broadcast those on YouTube as well if you don’t sign up for the service.

Welcome to the nuthouse, couple of guidelines:

- Mercedes and Red Bull are the bad guys
- McLaren is great, but they hosed the car so we’re all taking the year off to root for Aston Martin instead
- lmao Ferrari
- The real drama is in the news that comes out the Monday after a race
- Lewis is only as much of a good person as it plays into his brand
- Zak Brown is both cool and good
- Quid is largely to be ignored
- Rhopunzel is still salty about getting burned like 3 months ago
- Charles LeClerc (the poster) is on his 5th marriage now or something, I think he gets the next one free
- Khablam has a database of thread elder history, you can ask him to flesh out any details I’ve forgotten

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Still I fall

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

People say I'm great but I'm going to have an off year of posting. Hope you all still cheer for me.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
there's no need to watch motogp. you can just watch the doctor, the tornado and the kentucky kid to get the storylines.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Motorcycles are better than cars. :colbert:

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I watched a game of cricket live one weekend. Your F1 holds no power over me

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
there should be a race every weekend

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mercedes finally ready to back a winning car once again:

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/f1briefings/rumours/f1-rumour-mercedes-ready-to-back-fernando-alonso-over-lewis-hamilton-lm22

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

toadee posted:

DTS 2008 would be incredible. Imagine slow mo 4k footage of the Massa family garage reaction.

Or they'd ignore the whole thing in favour of a manufactured drama between Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Absolutely hilarious if true

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

That is the dumbest nonsense clickbait I've read since the rumors about Binotto getting fired

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

quote:

Reports suggest that the engine currently used by Hamilton, which delivers up to three kilowatts more power than Alonso's, may even be transferred to the Aston Martin garage, should the scenario come to fruition.
I do not see this happening ever (would the rules even allow it?), but boy oh boy wouldn't it be one for the ages if it did

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If Mercedes can build "the fastest engine" then they could build them all fast

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

MustardFacial posted:

Take Italian media for what you will, but sounds like Freddy is trying to pull a Ross Brawn and fire all of the Italians.

google translate link: https://www-quotidiano-net.translat...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Original Italian: https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini/v2-e-la-ferrari-di-vigna-e-vasseur-senza-sanchez-5.7924

there has always been a direct inverse correlation between success and the amount of italians in the team

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/FanaticsFerrari/status/1634508155181838336 leclerc is so over this piece of poo poo team

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Please don't get poached by Mercedes, Sharl, my souls is already being crushed enough.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lichtenstein posted:

Please get poached by Aston Martin, Sharl, my souls is already being crushed enough.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Sharl to rbr

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sharl to Audi for 5 WDCs in a row

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

I can only ejaculate so much

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Thanks Ants posted:

I hope he isn't stuck at ferrari until 2026.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

why do we have to wait two weeks for them to drive all the poo poo a half hour from bahrain to saudi arabia. the start of this season sucks. bahrain, two weeks to saudi arabia, then two weeks to australia, then 4 weeks to baku.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

acidx posted:

why do we have to wait two weeks for them to drive all the poo poo a half hour from bahrain to saudi arabia. the start of this season sucks. bahrain, two weeks to saudi arabia, then two weeks to australia, then 4 weeks to baku.

It’s to give Red Bull time to develop their cheats if they see something they like on another car

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

acidx posted:

Blame China not getting their poo poo together, they'd slot in between Australia and Baku.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Meanwhile there’s only a week between Baku and Miami because of American Exceptionalism :smug:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Should have done another Sakhir GP on the outer ring of the Bahrain circuit so you can have back to back race weekends.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im starting to think the fia might not know what they are doing

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
somebody mentioned it so i'm watching the 2008 brazilian grand prix. it's good, tyvm to whoever mentioned it

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

X-posting from AI:

Finger Prince posted:

This is probably a long shot, but has anyone gone to Fuji for WEC (or F1)? If yes, do you know if there's camping of any sort like euro or US races? I'm planning on going this year for the WEC race and we were thinking of renting an RV for it (my sis and BIL live in Japan and would take care of that aspect).

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Finger Prince posted:

X-posting from AI:

dm harperdc the mod, he's been there a lot iirc
and this is the wec thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022694

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

acidx posted:

I hope he isn't stuck at ferrari until 2026.

Oh no, Sharl just sitting at Failrari collecting those fat stacks for another few years. :ohdear:

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Residency Evil posted:

Oh no, Sharl just sitting at Failrari collecting those fat stacks for another few years. :ohdear:

I give him a year and a half before he cracks and ends up in an institution babbling about how he is stupid and did a poo poo job through a mouthful of jello

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

acidx posted:

I give him a year and a half before he cracks and ends up in an institution babbling about how he is stupid and did a poo poo job through a mouthful of jello

i thoguth we were sick of michael jokes

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

the paradigm shift posted:

dm harperdc the mod, he's been there a lot iirc
and this is the wec thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022694

Tyvm!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Finger Prince posted:

X-posting from AI:

Just stay at a business hotel, with the exchange rate you can stay at a reasonable place (toyoko inn is my usual) for 50 or so dollars American a night. The difference between my business trips in America and my trips to Japan are amazing in that in Japan a 2 week stay the hotel is still a third of the plane ticket and in the us the plane ticket is like 2 nights of hotel.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I hope Mattia is enjoying watching the cars still fall apart Looney Tunes style in his absence. Truly a legacy to end all others.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

ethanol posted:

i thoguth we were sick of michael jokes

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sunk Dunk posted:

im starting to think ferrari might not know what they are doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ferrari if anything needs more Italians. Ducati is absolutely dominating MotoGP and just hires more and more Italians from the University of Bologna, why isn't Ferrari doing this????