Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Larryb posted:

Even though I’m pretty sure other instances of him doing the same got left in (maybe it had something to do with the fact that particular disguise had breasts)

There was also the infamous seizure inducing episode that resulted in poor Porygon and all its forms getting blacklisted from the anime for a crime that Pikachu committed

Jessie and James cross dressed almost every episode if memory serves. We love a queer icon.

That banned episode was because James had a serious pair in a bikini top. I can't blame 4Kids for just punting on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1634137313688145920

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1634142422648209409

Some new details about the new upcoming anime.

Also did Team Rocket... break up by the end of the episode?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m hoping we get a decent amount of SV content in this series as well and it’s not all original characters

I’m also curious who’s going to fill the Team Rocket role in this show (Team Star maybe?)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 10, 2023

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Larryb posted:

I’m also curious who’s going to fill the Team Rocket role in this show (Team Star maybe?)

I don't think it would be a great idea to have bullied high school students being treated like that. Or have them become just petty criminals who steal other people's Pokemon.

At this point, this new anime really does seem to be shaping up to be its own story and not really based on any specific game outside of having Pokemon themselves being present. Heck, I don't think we'll get any game-specific characters for the first few episode while the new cast establishes itself.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is there a recommended team builder out there where I can plug in a few pokemon and it will make recommendations for me? I want to start doing ranked battles, I started reading VGC stuff but it's kind of overwhelming. Would rather not just copy someone else's team, I'd rather lose with pokemon I think are cute but would like at least a starting point so I'm not flailing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zuzie posted:

I don't think it would be a great idea to have bullied high school students being treated like that. Or have them become just petty criminals who steal other people's Pokemon.

At this point, this new anime really does seem to be shaping up to be its own story and not really based on any specific game outside of having Pokemon themselves being present. Heck, I don't think we'll get any game-specific characters for the first few episode while the new cast establishes itself.

Fair point (I wonder if they’re going to have a Jessie & James equivalent at all in that case). I still imagine that Gen 9 will factor into this series eventually but it doesn’t look like it’s going to be the main focus

For that matter, do we even know for sure that the new series takes place in Paldea?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Team Rocket did break up at the end of today's episode, but i'm sure they'll get a happy ending in the last two. My hope is they just go back to alola with all the pokemon they got back from HQ and run the best dang donut food truck in the region :3:

I doubt we'll get Team Rocket analogues here. I'm honestly not sure what the format of the show even is, i thought it was paldea school stuff, but that fully staffed airship with the huge pokemon battle field as its wings sure looks like the main setting that travels from location to location. They only say that Liko is from Paldea (and Roy from Kanto) so who knows if the show actually is in Paldea at all.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

MorningMoon posted:

Team Rocket did break up at the end of today's episode, but i'm sure they'll get a happy ending in the last two. My hope is they just go back to alola with all the pokemon they got back from HQ and run the best dang donut food truck in the region :3:

I doubt we'll get Team Rocket analogues here. I'm honestly not sure what the format of the show even is, i thought it was paldea school stuff, but that fully staffed airship with the huge pokemon battle field as its wings sure looks like the main setting that travels from location to location. They only say that Liko is from Paldea (and Roy from Kanto) so who knows if the show actually is in Paldea at all.

Next episode's titled Ash and Latios (not Latias as people thought), and the one after that is all about Ash musing about if he's become a pokemon master after Gary asks him

So there's not much hope for more Team Rocket outside of maybe the ending song montage

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Where did they go?? James isn't going back to his awful parents is he?

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Is there a recommended team builder out there where I can plug in a few pokemon and it will make recommendations for me? I want to start doing ranked battles, I started reading VGC stuff but it's kind of overwhelming. Would rather not just copy someone else's team, I'd rather lose with pokemon I think are cute but would like at least a starting point so I'm not flailing.

Especially for this generation where farming tera shards requires a lot of work, using some rental teams is a really easy way to get acquainted with the current meta before building your own team.

Yes, you can just build your team, but unless you know what you're going up against you won't know how to build a team that will deal with those threats.

Using a rental team, or at least looking at rental teams will give you an idea of which cores you can successfully build around.

If it's VGC you're interested in https://www.vgcguide.com/ and https://www.pikalytics.com/ will help.

You can see from Pikalytics that Flutter Mane is on over half of every team. So having a Pokémon to deal with it will be very important, for example. It also lists common teammates each Pokémon might have.

Edit: you can also post your team/pokemon here and ask for feedback and recommendations!

Which mons are you trying to use?

Xander B Coolridge fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 10, 2023

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

MorningMoon posted:

James better take Growlie with him, the loyal pup's been waiting for him forever.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Especially for this generation where farming tera shards requires a lot of work, using some rental teams is a really easy way to get acquainted with the current meta before building your own team.

Yes, you can just build your team, but unless you know what you're going up against you won't know how to build a team that will deal with those threats.

Using a rental team, or at least looking at rental teams will give you an idea of which cores you can successfully build around.

If it's VGC you're interested in https://www.vgcguide.com/ and https://www.pikalytics.com/ will help.

You can see from Pikalytics that Flutter Mane is on over half of every team. So having a Pokémon to deal with it will be very important, for example. It also lists common teammates each Pokémon might have.

Edit: you can also post your team/pokemon here and ask for feedback and recommendations!

Which mons are you trying to use?

Huh... You know what, I don't think I understood what Rental Teams were. I thought they were like, mediocre teams the game had ready if you just didn't want to train anything up at all. I didn't know they were player made, haha.

Ceruledge, Annihilape, Garganacl, Houndstone, Dachsbun, are all favs and I'd like a team that incorporates some of them, if you know of any!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Anyone else noticed a glitch where your character crouches after exiting a menu? I haven't seen it mentioned in patch notes, and it's been happening to me since launch.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Someone sent me a completely ordinary Lechonk that I can never get rid of because it is named 'Big Man'

It is a perfect partner to my female Pyroar, 'lil man', also a Surprise Trade. omg what if they're from the same person

I checked they're not. Big Man is from Snowy, and lil man is from 'paldea boy'.

Today I will be sending into the Surprise Trade aether a bunch of love ball tinkatinks and bruxishes.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Surprise trade acquisitions of note: A tinkatink named Splat, and Scizor, which is handy since I hadn't gotten around to sorting out Scizor yet. Satisfactory.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Ceruledge, Annihilape, Garganacl, Houndstone, Dachsbun, are all favs and I'd like a team that incorporates some of them, if you know of any!

great news: Annihilape and Garganacl are both meta! you’ll definitely be able to get them into a winning team comp

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
is Garganacl the Gen 9 Golem stand in or the Machamp stand in? theyre so weird and OP! their badass move turns other Pokemons into god drat Prosciutto. I love them.

currently kicking rear end in Brilliant Pearl with my Shiny Hitmontop of all things from the Hitmon event in Go

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

You can transfer Pokémon from Go into mainline games now? Pokémon Go has a ridiculously high shiny rate. I have like 30 shiny Charmander.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Yup! It's very easy. All you need to do is get the Pokemon Home app on your phone and link the two accounts. If you dont feel like paying for the sub, you get 1x Box for free, and your Charmanders can go in SwSh, BDSP, and soon ScarVi.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

wizard2 posted:

is Garganacl the Gen 9 Golem stand in or the Machamp stand in? theyre so weird and OP! their badass move turns other Pokemons into god drat Prosciutto. I love them.

Being a 3-stage rock creature like Golem, Gigalith and Coalossal before, they're definitely Gen 9's Golem, but way more optimized.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Gargancl is definitely the surprise win from Gen 9, being mono-Rock, having a superb ability and an amazing signature move, along with Recover. Terastilizing also really pushes it even further.

I like that this gen has some random early mons that turn out to be really good like Gargancl and Lokix. We've had that in previous games too like Talonflame and Corviknight, but this gen feels a bit more spoilt in that regard.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Reading bogleech's reviews again and you know who I miss? I miss Swirlix. Let me get that little idiot thing back. Stupid little candy floss dog. I love it. And it'd make it even more possible to make teams of just good dogs.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ApplesandOranges posted:

Gargancl is definitely the surprise win from Gen 9, being mono-Rock, having a superb ability and an amazing signature move, along with Recover. Terastilizing also really pushes it even further.

I like that this gen has some random early mons that turn out to be really good like Gargancl and Lokix. We've had that in previous games too like Talonflame and Corviknight, but this gen feels a bit more spoilt in that regard.

I think you're spot on. There are just so many greats from early game, it's almost unfair to the rest of 8 Gens. Dachsbun and Clodsire could be crap and they would still get play on their stellar designs alone but they are definitely definitely not crap. I wonder just how much intentional this was to stack the beginning with fantastic/easily understood designs and combat ability?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

wizard2 posted:

I think you're spot on. There are just so many greats from early game, it's almost unfair to the rest of 8 Gens. Dachsbun and Clodsire could be crap and they would still get play on their stellar designs alone but they are definitely definitely not crap. I wonder just how much intentional this was to stack the beginning with fantastic/easily understood designs and combat ability?

Pawmot is also another really good early get, especially considering it's a Pikaclone who tend to be one-stage with middling stats (though they have gotten better the last three gens).

There are still a few early mons that are fairly mediocre competitively, like Oinklogne and Spidops, but I think most of the kinda 'ish' mons tend to end up near the middle instead, like Squawkabilly.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I'm still grumpy that Arven's first mon is a Greedent, not Oinkologne >:[

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I feel like there's a support Oinkalogne that could work if you really wanted it to but I haven't cracked it yet. It's just that Miss Piggy was my first shiny in the games and I love her.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Going back to Team Rocket for a moment I forget, did Jessie & James appear in the Yellow adaption during Special (I know they were in Electric Tale of Pikachu which was very loosely based on the first two anime seasons)?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Larryb posted:

Going back to Team Rocket for a moment I forget, did Jessie & James appear in the Yellow adaption during Special (I know they were in Electric Tale of Pikachu which was very loosely based on the first two anime seasons)?

They did not.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, too bad. In the latter they left Team Rocket in the end and started a family together but we'll see if they ever pop up in the anime again (be it at the end of this miniseries or in the new show)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

HopperUK posted:

I feel like there's a support Oinkalogne that could work if you really wanted it to but I haven't cracked it yet. It's just that Miss Piggy was my first shiny in the games and I love her.

Wolfe Glick did a video where he won a ranked match with Pokémon from every new line—maybe take a look at how he set up his Oinkologne for some extra hints?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/03/growlithe-joins-the-build-a-bear-pokemon-collection

ATTN: PKMN Trainer Red

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Thank you for remembering how much I love my beautiful dog boy, he's perfect in every way and the hilarious addition of a sound chip that makes him sound like Scooby-Doo having a seizure pushes it over the edge for me.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Wolfe Glick did a video where he won a ranked match with Pokémon from every new line—maybe take a look at how he set up his Oinkologne for some extra hints?

Oh good idea! I did have that on in the background at some point but I wasn't paying a lot of attention.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Finally getting around to yoinking swords out of the ground to catch the 4 special pokemon. Who is a good candidate for paralyze+False Swipe to make this easier?

e: Apparently Persian, Zangoose and Slowking can learn both Thunder Wave and False Swipe. I always use Persian but have never used the other two, maybe now is the time.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 11, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
slowking May be a bad idea since the legends all have dark typing

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its okay I was mixing up Slaking and Slowking anyway. :v:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jolteon gets Yawn, Thunder Wave and False Swipe. I'm using it as my capture mon in Scarlet since I already used Breloom in Violet.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Parasect was always my go-to for legendary captures. I think Im gonna try Zangoose since I have never used one before.

Got a box full of love ball Snorunts to dump into surprise trade at some point this weekend too.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Breloom is the classic with spore/false swipe, also has Charm against the physical attackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

Breloom is the classic with spore/false swipe, also has Charm against the physical attackers.

Also it goes boing, like a kangaroo.