Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
excited for people to play 5 when they get there. 5 is like the gold standard of job based rpg gaming, mind blowing stuff

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

5-6-7 might be the greatest three run stretch of any series

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
another bonus to 5 is if you like it you get to do 4 job fiesta, which is just a fun time even if you sometimes get stuck with crud like geomancer lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

herculon posted:

5-6-7 might be the greatest three run stretch of any series

And they released secret of mana between 5 and 6, and chrono trigger and mario rpg between 6 and 7 then xenogears right after. Absolute golden age of squaresoft.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You don't need to do it that much, tbh, it's more important to get Agility up with some shields. Evasion will save your rear end way more than raw HP, and whatever HP you need will get put into place by Abyss Worms at Jade Passage anyway.

The only way to increase Agility and Evasion is to have Evasion in the first place, so shields will do a lot for you in the long term. Armor defense can't keep up with enemy attack, so being nude to avoid agility penalties for all but the best light gear is the way to go.

The game is insane, I love it.

the late game features enemies that do damage based on percentage of your max HP so if you've spent all game wearing heavy armor you could lose half your HP on every single attack lol

what a demented game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chrono Trigger is the greatest game ever made

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

:hai:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yup

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

truth

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

playing ff2 and lmaoing at the thought of a hotel adjusting room rates based on how sleepy the customers look

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

playing ff2 and lmaoing at the thought of a hotel adjusting room rates based on how sleepy the customers look

Lmfao. Boy fellas, you guys really beat the poo poo out of each other in front of a goblin today. That'll be 6,000 gold pieces.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

Lmfao. Boy fellas, you guys really beat the poo poo out of each other in front of a goblin today. That'll be 6,000 gold pieces.

lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Arrhythmia posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

lol.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

*Firion's HP increased!*

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i was raised on the [potion] bitch

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Arrhythmia posted:

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I just found my first Chocobo

ff2 is still weird but it’s growing on me fast. Much more fun once I stopped worrying too much about the skill system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Enjoy the enemies in the final dungeon who autokill you if they land any damage at all