Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

wynott dunn posted:

Apparently you can shop by voice :confused:

He should hire the Angel Gabby voiceover person to be the Siri of this venture for full entergagement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

EEKA GEEK posted:

Also "arse" is such a distinctively Commonwealth/un-American parlance. It is alienating to me!

It’s not even a thing Canadians say

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Plant MONSTER. posted:

You a*se, how could you?

I sentence you to a life of unlicensed underwear! You will pass gas through the fibres of an unofficial decal of a smurf and suffer.

oh, geez :negative:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Blue Moonlight posted:

He should hire the Angel Gabby voiceover person to be the Siri of this venture for full entergagement.

gently caress no! Get the pigman to do it!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Since we're all feeling retrospective, here's one of the few recorded experiences of actually going to Garfield Eats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjeToadShU8

Strange Æons posted:

I'm so confused and unsettled by all of this

Bonus frozen lasagna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1l5QpIo3BE&t=1057s

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

angerbeet posted:

There was a Scooby Doo EATS?!

Two years ago almost to the day

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

dokmo posted:

Two years ago almost to the day

drat Nathen has been "making" frozen lasagna for 121 years?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
An ancient unknowable evil

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Major lol that he ever gave a poo poo about "the healthy habits of the generations of tomorrow."

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Checked out the original 35-minute launch video for Scooby-Doo EATS! and I have to admit he surprised me by actually having a farmer on. I thought the farm to plate stuff was 100% bullshit

https://youtu.be/O-imyHk6KtY

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Computer viking posted:

Since we're all feeling retrospective, here's one of the few recorded experiences of actually going to Garfield Eats:

Bonus frozen lasagna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1l5QpIo3BE&t=1057s

No matter how many times I try to watch these I can never make it to where she actually talks about the restaurant. She's as bad as Nathen in her own way.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

No matter how many times I try to watch these I can never make it to where she actually talks about the restaurant. She's as bad as Nathen in her own way.

Skipping ahead is recommended here, yes.

(Though I do genuinely like some later videos she's made exploring the weirdness happening in fanfic writing and tumblr some 15-20 years ago)

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

When I went to GarfieldEATS the ipads were broken and I had to look a minimum wage employee in the eyes and say 'I would like a garfgherita pizza with the special sauce' with the lips and tongue that God gave me and when I die I will be held accountable for my words and deeds

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Killingyouguy! posted:

When I went to GarfieldEATS the ipads were broken and I had to look a minimum wage employee in the eyes and say 'I would like a garfgherita pizza with the special sauce' with the lips and tongue that God gave me and when I die I will be held accountable for my words and deeds

Also, the picture you got of yourself and Nathen (legend) will be engraved on your tombstone.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Duckman2008 posted:

Also, the picture you got of yourself and Nathen (legend) will be engraved on your tombstone.

entergaged from beyond...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Computer viking posted:

I watched that video a couple of hours ago and now I'm learning about secret gay nuns and the history of queer women's symbols. :toot:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Poil posted:

I watched that video a couple of hours ago and now I'm learning about secret gay nuns and the history of queer women's symbols. :toot:

Sometimes the algorithm is a blessing, like when YouTube directed me to Kevin Devine's acoustic version of "Brother's Blood" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynX4zYGsMg

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Killingyouguy! posted:

entergaged from beyond...

Sounds like a good title for a death metal album

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The visuals and the descriptions of the people ingesting the "food" is making me want to garf. :barf: It's even worse than what I remember from when I started reading this thread. I wonder if nathield ever ate any of it himself.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Sometimes the algorithm is a blessing, like when YouTube directed me to Kevin Devine's acoustic version of "Brother's Blood" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynX4zYGsMg
Yeah. Although in this particular case it's just throwing up videos from the same channel. Youtube once suggested this mix of Mongolian throat singing and Latvian bagpipes to me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vztRqe_CHC0

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 12, 2023

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Poil posted:

The visuals and the descriptions of the people ingesting the "food" is making me want to garf. :barf: It's even worse than what I remember from when I started reading this thread. I wonder if nathield ever ate any of it himself.

Yeah. Although in this particular case it's just throwing up videos from the same channel. Youtube once suggested this mix of Mongolian throat singing and Latvian bagpipes to me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vztRqe_CHC0

Well, this made my day

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Poil posted:

Could Nathen come up with a product or idea that was so bad even he wouldn't try to hype it?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
If i had a lot of time on my hands, and Nathen ever finished a single thing, one thing I'd like to do is sell knock off poo poo on egeez

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

kntfkr posted:

If i had a lot of time on my hands, and Nathen ever finished a single thing, one thing I'd like to do is sell knock off poo poo on egeez

there’s clearly a niche for spaderman underwear

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

wynott dunn posted:

there’s clearly a niche for spaderman underwear

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

love that movie

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Checked out the original 35-minute launch video for Scooby-Doo EATS! and I have to admit he surprised me by actually having a farmer on. I thought the farm to plate stuff was 100% bullshit

Farm to plate is doubly bullshit, because it implies freshness instead of frozen ready meals. It also promises something going directly from farm to plate without a middle man, but just as with egeez, being a middle man is the only thing Nathen is.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

this is the perfect summary of egeez. nathen is just in the middle, completely not needed at any point in the process.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
But you don't understand. Had Nathen invented egeez before founding the world's first GarfieldEats, he would have been able to open 200 GarfieldEats locations worldwide, pleasing the Garfieldheads around the globe!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Back in my era, a year and a half ago, I didn't have the advantages available to me now, like this half formed business idea that has something to do with something I read about licensing I think!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Ohhhhhhhh
So Egeez is like Amazon but it comes with a guarantee that it won't be selling any surprise knock offs.

Why didn't he just say that?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ohhhhhhhh
So Egeez is like Amazon but it comes with a guarantee that it won't be selling any surprise knock offs.

And you can see how that would help facilitate the opening of triple-digit Garfield themed restaurants

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ohhhhhhhh

Probably because he won't be selling anything at all.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

kntfkr posted:

Back in my era, a year and a half ago, I didn't have the advantages available to me now, like this half formed business idea that has something to do with something I read about licensing I think!

:lol:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ohhhhhhhh

Big asterisk:

* assuming the licensed product you want to buy has a relationship with Eegeez. It’s funny Eegeez doesn’t seem to handle distribution though, only the licensing agreement so it’s like “yeah sure, we’ll make sure the poo poo we sell is not counterfeit but good luck getting that crap to customers lol”

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

poo poo's one of the most confusing non-business models I've ever seen and at one point in my life I was addicted to stimulants

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I can’t make sense of it no matter what drugs are involved :psyduck:

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Plant MONSTER. posted:

But you don't understand. Had Nathen invented egeez before founding the world's first GarfieldEats, he would have been able to open 200 GarfieldEats locations worldwide, pleasing the Garfieldheads around the globe!!

Based on available evidence, I think there are very specific ways he would like to please Garfield's head

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ohhhhhhhh

But with no warehousing or infrastructure of its own. It’s more like a license verification service and online catalogue, like an anti-Etsy, where nothing is handmade and everything is available elsewhere.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DoombatINC posted:

And you can see how that would help facilitate the opening of triple-digit Garfield themed restaurants

Each Garfield pizza would have been inspected by a team of Egeez branding experts for brand authenticity (branticity) and given a hallmark to prove it, so your entergagement would have been guaranteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/TheLasagnaCat/status/1635482430973902850

the one true cat has returned