Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

T Bowl posted:

I don't know, it was terrible years ago, I doubt it's gotten better.

A couple of years ago Sam was out for a day and Bob Kelly, Rich Vos and (I think) Colin Quinn were in studio with Jim, the jump in quality was gigantic.

Not that the problem lies solely with Sam, Jim's also a lot more boring nowadays. (Let's spend half the show bitching about our phones!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

For all of his faults, Sam seems to do a much better job of steering the ship than Opie ever did.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Jim has been struggling with health issues. AHBD.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Animal-Mother posted:

Jim has been struggling with health issues. AHBD.

i thought he was cured

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah, I mean look at him. Cured meat 100%

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I haven’t listened in years now, do they still use the same sort of language as the O&A show used to use? I remember Jimmy throwing around the other f- word well into the 2010s.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Another Bill posted:

Yeah, I mean look at him. Cured meat 100%

That'll happen when you dwell in a tequila bottle.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

That'll happen when you dwell in a tequila bottle.

wait is he drinking again?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

TL posted:

I haven’t listened in years now, do they still use the same sort of language as the O&A show used to use? I remember Jimmy throwing around the other f- word well into the 2010s.

No.

Morter posted:

No. But I guess he does have a girlfriend living with him now.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

empty baggie posted:

Appropriately aged, I'm sure

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

empty baggie posted:

No.

A trans woman.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Another Bill posted:

Appropriately aged, I'm sure

T Bowl posted:

A trans woman.

These are good questions that aren't brought up on the show.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

TL posted:

My brother listens to the show (without having listened to O&A) and he talks about "Boomer Jimmy" complaining about not being able to use certain words any more. My bro has no political affiliation and never talks about "wokism" or anything like that, he is simply annoyed by "pontificating rear end" Jim Norton

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Morter posted:

I mean he is a worm.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

I mean he is a worm.

poo poo how did i miss that

Literal Mort

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Dennis Falcone was one of the people in the SXM layoff, along with Don Wicklin.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 9, 2023

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

T Bowl posted:

Dennis Falcone was one of the people in the SXM layoff, along with Don Wicklin.

That loving sucks, one of the best, most wholesome O&A 'characters.'

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
This sucks. There is a great Denny super cut on YouTube. The guy had far better wit and comedic ability than Opie. Plus an encyclopedia of useless radio history.

Ironic he’s getting poo poo canned since he was such a company man.

Hopefully he’s old enough now to retire or just earn a living as a wedding DJ.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Two Kings posted:

This sucks. There is a great Denny super cut on YouTube. The guy had far better wit and comedic ability than Opie. Plus an encyclopedia of useless radio history.

Ironic he’s getting poo poo canned since he was such a company man.

Hopefully he’s old enough now to retire or just earn a living as a wedding DJ.

I hope he can retire comfortably and do a podcast of just telling stories from his radio days. I bet he has a bunch of them that are oddly entertaining.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Falcone has Anthony's face from another, more wholesome, less pockmarked universe.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Denny sure loved to self suck that’s for sure.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

if you showed me that silhouette with no text i would've thought it was jesse ventura 10 years ago

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i mean Brother Wease is still on air. Brother Opie would be an upgrade from.....this

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
A butterfly flaps its wings; O&A never meet.

Opie and Denny go on to become the most successful Morning Zoo duo in the format's history.

Ant finally finds fame and retires from tin knocking in 2006 when he's sentenced on multiple kidnapping & statutory rape charges going down as the most successful prosecution in the history of To Catch A Predator.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

would ya

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I looked up opie videos, to hurt myself

he rags on anthony and jim with the same old schtick. Let it go opie, you get 1000 views per video talking about how you didnt need anthony, who was a comedic dynamo when they met, and still has a functioning online radio network

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

^^ It is interesting that for someone who spent so much time in media that he spends more time nowadays whining about a job that is at least five years in the past. He can't find something else to do with his time?

bigman.50grand posted:

A butterfly flaps its wings; O&A never meet.

Opie and Denny go on to become the most successful Morning Zoo duo in the format's history.

Ant finally finds fame and retires from tin knocking in 2006 when he's sentenced on multiple kidnapping & statutory rape charges going down as the most successful prosecution in the history of To Catch A Predator.

Ant would definitely be caught on To Catch a Predator.

Opie would be a no-name disc jockey whose attitude would put him on the late-night shifts on a variety of radio stations across the nation who would eventually get fired for sexual harassment, then wind out the rest of his working days working in an office job until Social Security or a heart attack puts him out to pasture.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ant would be the only person to be caught by To Catch a Predator twice.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgJ5m21Rs4

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Also, that time Anthony played the sound drops of Hansen reading the pedos' inappropriate text chats, while doing the Chris Hansen voice, to Chris Hansen. I've never heard the guy more uncomfortable.

What happened, Anthony? You used to be the funny guy

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Pontificating rear end posted:

Also, that time Anthony played the sound drops of Hansen reading the pedos' inappropriate text chats, while doing the Chris Hansen voice, to Chris Hansen. I've never heard the guy more uncomfortable.

What happened, Anthony? You used to be the funny guy

Black president broke his brain.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Bum the Sad posted:

Black president broke his brain.

Let's be honest, all that did was knock the mask the rest of the way off

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

^^ It is interesting that for someone who spent so much time in media that he spends more time nowadays whining about a job that is at least five years in the past. He can't find something else to do with his time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Timestamped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekeOPat650&t=802s

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Let's be honest, all that did was knock the mask the rest of the way off

It’s true. The sad thing is it was the most boring centrist corporatist candidate too. That mask was not on very well.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

to this day I can't see country music people without remembering this bit. I'M KENNY CHESNEY

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

It appears Anthony has his original twitter account back and would it shock you to learn he's posting racist poo poo every 10 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Oh so he’s slowing down on posting.
I got Pendulum in my head the other day for some reason. Then I remembered the cover contest. I remember that being the last good period of the show.