Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

mobby_6kl posted:

What the gently caress is he even saying. No joke, I can't actually figure it out (other than millenials :argh:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

drat it’s already been over a year since that.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1634946278269526016?s=20

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

As posted in yospos, hilariously: “there are no libertarians in a bank run”.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

madmatt112 posted:

As posted in yospos, hilariously: “there are no libertarians in a bank run”.

https://twitter.com/zck/status/1634939051806707713?s=20

It took weeks for the government to have a response to East Palestine, they bailed out these freaks in hours and they're just throwing it all into crypto now with great speed.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 13, 2023

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

This is literally a "lots of people are saying" tweet.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Maybe this AI poo poo does have some use after all.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Hell, I work for a big tech company in Silicon Valley and I hate Big Tech.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/zck/status/1634939051806707713?s=20

It took weeks for the government to have a response to East Palestine, they bailed out these freaks in hours and they're just throwing it all into crypto now with great speed.

From the last information I read the shareholders will be wiped out and the deposits will be covered by the FDIC through a mandatory collection from other banks.

At the moment no public funds should be going to save them.

Edit: learning more about it, other banks (not svb) are going to be allowed to use their low interest bonds as collateral for government loans. So, essentially the government is going to pay out early on old Treasuries with low rates to issue new bonds with higher rates? Because banks can’t sell their low rate Treasuries without a steep discount in this high rate environment and are illiquid?

Eh, that does seem like a bailout (of the in jeopardy but not yet failed banks)

Murgos fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 13, 2023

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Gyges posted:

The Joe Rogan Experience can best be understood as people getting together and trying to talk about things, except Joe decided to take a few edibles beforehand and animal planet is playing on the TV behind the guest.

Sans Joe Rogan, that sounds fun

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

wyoming prevented an anti-trans bill? that's surprising.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The trans panic situation makes me very sad and worried. I'm not trans, I don't have any close friends who are trans, but, goddamnit, just let these people live their lives in the way that seems best to them. Everything I've heard about transitioning and living as a trans person is... not great, beyond alleviating the gender dysphoria they experience, so I assume if someone decides they want to transition they must have a pretty rock-solid reason why, and it ain't anyone's place to judge that.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah it's genocide and not enough people are doing poo poo to stop it

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
And, I mean, I fully believe trans identity is real and valid, but even if you don't, who gives a gently caress??? Just let them do whatever! Don't want a transition? Then don't get one. Don't obsess about the sexual physiology of strangers, and get on with your life, and think that they're a bunch of weird deluded perverts for all I care! They aren't, but if you need to think they are to get through the day and have sad, disappointing coitus with your bored spouse, then think that and just stay the gently caress out of their business.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Only my partner and my doctor need to know or care about what's under my hood.

OK, fine. It's justice

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

PT6A posted:

And, I mean, I fully believe trans identity is real and valid, but even if you don't, who gives a gently caress??? Just let them do whatever! Don't want a transition? Then don't get one. Don't obsess about the sexual physiology of strangers, and get on with your life, and think that they're a bunch of weird deluded perverts for all I care! They aren't, but if you need to think they are to get through the day and have sad, disappointing coitus with your bored spouse, then think that and just stay the gently caress out of their business.

The obvious answer is that it makes older white dudes feel somehow icky because it forces them to confront some ideas about gender and sexuality that they'd rather not. So we have the Sean Hannitys of the world expounding on teevee about how this is morally wrong, or what have you. It's all awful and bad, as you say, but there is and I'm afraid always will be a segment of the population who will be obsessed with the lives of others.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

every policy ever was introduced by some guy ashamed of his boner

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Xlorp posted:

Only my partner and my doctor need to know or care about what's under my hood.

My first thought was: "my doctor has never seen my private parts" but then I realized some people go to doctors specifically to deal with their private parts. I'm kinda dumb.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rappaport posted:

The obvious answer is that it makes older white dudes feel somehow icky because it forces them to confront some ideas about gender and sexuality that they'd rather not. So we have the Sean Hannitys of the world expounding on teevee about how this is morally wrong, or what have you. It's all awful and bad, as you say, but there is and I'm afraid always will be a segment of the population who will be obsessed with the lives of others.

It’s an extension of the same weaponization of sexuality that has been going on for millennia. Humans are compelled to reproduce, and if you can control that you can convert the authority into an unlimited number of other areas of control over peoples behaviour. Combine that with humans lack of fatigue related to ‘othering’ a group as permission to hate ‘them’ and here we are. We don’t really acknowledge this too much and absolutely don’t study it enough to have any chance of managing it. We will probably be stuck in this dynamic until we do.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The whole "grooming" accusations are 100% projection too, nearly every CSA-comitter is a loving pastor or politician type.

Glah
Jun 21, 2005

evil_bunnY posted:

The whole "grooming" accusations are 100% projection too, nearly every CSA-comitter is a loving pastor or politician type.

Probably the same thought process you see from some extreme fundies asking non-religious people 'what stops you from murdering people if there aren't commands from God forbidding it?' These people are incapable of seeing human relations in any other way than through their twisted desires and are extremely confused when confronted with 'what the gently caress is wrong with you?' question after their totally hypothetical scenario.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Glah posted:

Probably the same thought process you see from some extreme fundies asking non-religious people 'what stops you from murdering people if there aren't commands from God forbidding it?' These people are incapable of seeing human relations in any other way than through their twisted desires and are extremely confused when confronted with 'what the gently caress is wrong with you?' question after their totally hypothetical scenario.

Quoting this because it's a helpful step-stone, but I agree with everything EoRaptor said too; we all like to think we're moral human beings, right? I am an atheist myself, but that's not really here or there, I just try to behave in a way that doesn't injure anyone, call anyone names, anything like that. We're all people, and we all have the same rights (as it were) to express ourselves, and to be ourselves, and that is great.

The need to belittle others, to lord over them, their reproductive rights or their gender expression, is a form of violence that should not be tolerated. Never mind the paradox of intolerance or whatever, those kinds of thoughts should not exist in polite society. Or impolite, for that matter. Just let people be who they are, and that should be the end of that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

the perfect nimby

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

EoRaptor posted:

It’s an extension of the same weaponization of sexuality that has been going on for millennia. Humans are compelled to reproduce, and if you can control that you can convert the authority into an unlimited number of other areas of control over peoples behaviour. Combine that with humans lack of fatigue related to ‘othering’ a group as permission to hate ‘them’ and here we are. We don’t really acknowledge this too much and absolutely don’t study it enough to have any chance of managing it. We will probably be stuck in this dynamic until we do.
Sometimes they just go mask off on that one.
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1635386242258042881

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My first thought was: "my doctor has never seen my private parts" but then I realized some people go to doctors specifically to deal with their private parts. I'm kinda dumb.

I mean, to be fair, doctors do love knowing unnecessary poo poo! A woman could walk into the ER missing most of a limb, and bleeding from the stump, and the first question would be "when was the date of your last menstrual period???"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PT6A posted:

I mean, to be fair, doctors do love knowing unnecessary poo poo! A woman could walk into the ER missing most of a limb, and bleeding from the stump, and the first question would be "when was the date of your last menstrual period???"

Every doctor and nurse ever asks (me) if I smoke and I ask them: "if I smoked do you think I'd be alive?" and they look at me with my orbiting moons and admit: "yeah fair point, congrats on your Oscar".

e: I don't mean it's wrong for a healthcare professional to ask if I smoke or not. I don't know what my point was anyway.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/BecauseMiami/status/1634660185397514243?s=20

Miami is very fun!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This video is like a sketch parodying road rage in Florida/America over all. Amazing.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

zoux posted:

the perfect nimby

She should be thrilled. If these dream homes are being devalued, that means that they're more affordable to people seeking a dream home, property taxes will be lower, and there's no downside because if you're already living in your dream home you don't need to sell it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm glad that all the tech bros are learning the proper lessons from SVB
https://twitter.com/Jason/status/1635379828995284999

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The best part of getting a complete physical is the doctor calling in a nurse so all three of you can watch the doctor check your balls.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gyges posted:

I'm glad that all the tech bros are learning the proper lessons from SVB
https://twitter.com/Jason/status/1635379828995284999

The best part of getting a complete physical is the doctor calling in a nurse so all three of you can watch the doctor check your balls.

Still waiting for the spoon test :(

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

from doo doo dooing to wildly firing shots on a public highway in under 60 seconds. the founding fathers would be proud

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

zoux posted:

the perfect nimby

I'm confused. Are there neighborhoods where people don't live?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

So, they've decriminalized firing randomly at drivers on the highway in Miami? That seems like a good idea.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Summer posted:

This will devalue homes
:yeah:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Murgos posted:

So, they've decriminalized firing randomly at drivers on the highway in Miami? That seems like a good idea.

Might as well declare it a purge zone for the last few years until the sea reclaims it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1635680712178257920