Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

no no no i don't think this is ~the doom~ but hey i guess it could be

it's still v dumb tho

are there rumors going around the US is going to ban tiktok today tho?

No rumors today that I see, everyone is focused on the collapse of multiple regional banks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1635277499470086150?t=RAlcn23e_VZkL3grk43_yQ&s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My bank's only down 4% so far :stoked:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FRC halt #14 lmao.

Which bank goes bust first, FRC or WAL?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

God drat hero, albeit accidentally because his Brin is the size of a walnut

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

no no no i don't think this is ~the doom~ but hey i guess it could be

i dont think this is ~the doom~ its not like covid where material security was threatened

but its fun to watch in the same way as a bridge demolition

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What's the dumbest yolo move here, buying calls on FRC?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
let's go Banks baby, love da Banks

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

please we must keep the investors satisfied

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Can I just stop in to say: lol, lmao.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

RandolphCarter posted:

members of that group chat that led to all of this are gonna wind up suicided

ah, I was wondering what discord is actually good for

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SirPablo posted:

Premium is extremely inflated on FRC options because of the insane volatility, calls wouldn't really get you much here unless it does a full rebound (very unlikely). You don't want to hold shares because it might go to zero and then you're hosed. Just stay away.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/90n8qMw.gifv

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1635291194011058177

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Buffer posted:

that would be nice

like just the worst people were in it, like Peter Thiel

I forgot he was involved. they’re all gonna be put in charge of the fdic or some poo poo

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

i dont think this is ~the doom~ its not like covid where material security was threatened

but its fun to watch in the same way as a bridge demolition

yea for sure, and like the bridge builders detonated their own bridge and then are sad that their bridge got blown up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Borrowed a cable provider from someone I know to watch cnbc and immediately I see they are interviewing 2 silicon valley tech ceos who are talking about the chat group that caused then to panic and start all of this. But that nobody should worry because their companies are fine now so everything is OK now.

I hate tech people so much

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Bitcoin is doing well at least

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Seems healthy

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

lol they're all taking stock hits so everyone is manning the barricades

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lmbo the morons in the dnd discord are saying this is a conspiracy by chuds to take down buchanon joe

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Everyone in that group chat should be jailed

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Aside from perhaps a general problem with many banks holding bonds and fixed income securities that have interest rates that are too low, what is FRC’s big problem? I don’t think they were big into crypto? They catered to rich individuals, so have these individuals been withdrawing too much in their yield-chasing?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

lmbo the morons in the dnd discord are saying this is a conspiracy by chuds to take down buchanon joe

Link

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

blood

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

SirPablo posted:

buy a single share of every bank then call the warehouse that keeps the certificates and have them mailed to you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

Mr Hootington posted:

Everyone in that chat should be jailed

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

HallelujahLee posted:

anyone in dnd discord should be immediately jailed for life

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HallelujahLee posted:

Permacattle copium.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FistEnergy posted:

anyone in dnd discord should be immediately jailed for life

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Thirding or fourthing the "random coworkers are planning to run to the bank or atm on their break" sentiment

I doubt this is widespread enough to cause issues but liquidity at any specific bank branch is usually pretty low so there might be some stories about suburban banks turning people away at this rate

Armed robberies are probably going to go up once all the criminals figure out the Karens and Kyles will be walking around with $1000 envelopes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eric Cantonese posted:

Aside from perhaps a general problem with many banks holding bonds and fixed income securities that have interest rates that are too low, what is FRC’s big problem? I don’t think they were big into crypto? They catered to rich individuals, so have these individuals been withdrawing too much in their yield-chasing?

it was fine. it was crashed on purpose by rich people to fight the Fed

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

still skeptical that share values cratering alone is enough to bring down more banks today. I want to see figures on how much depositors are pulling out- more decisive imo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mr Hootington posted:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Eric Cantonese posted:

its a west coast bank that caters to rich non tech west coasters so they are all panicking. i dont think its anything more than that.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

:circlefap:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Really glad I went heavy into treasury bills in January so I can lol and lmao freely

:stoked:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its the uspol one

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Thirding or fourthing the "random coworkers are planning to run to the bank or atm on their break" sentiment

I doubt this is widespread enough to cause issues but liquidity at any specific bank branch is usually pretty low so there might be some stories about suburban banks turning people away at this rate

Armed robberies are probably going to go up once all the criminals figure out the Karens and Kyles will be walking around with $1000 envelopes

do these coworkers have like more than 250k in the bank or something. they should be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mr Hootington posted:

Everyone in that group chat pulled the funniest joke on the economy since the Ever Given.