Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WAL and FRC pumped off the lows but are now being halted again on downside moves.

I've never seen so many halts in one day without the exchanges stepping in to enforce longer halts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

so depositers will be made whole through an "insurance fund?" what is that?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

actionjackson posted:

FDIC

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Woke banks lmao

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

actionjackson posted:

the government is levying a "Fee" (don't call this a tax!) on banks to fund their actions. the banks totally reassure us the costs of this "Fee" definitely won't be passed onto customers

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

webcams for christ posted:

the government is levying a "Fee" (don't call this a tax!) on banks to fund their actions. the banks totally reassure us the costs of this "Fee" definitely won't be passed onto customers

Well if the bank is promising to handle it responsibly I don't see any glaring evidence as to why we shouldn't trust them

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

If I lost all my money I'd be hosed, that's like half of an entire paycheck

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Thank you President Joe Biden.

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1635304713288667136?s=20

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/Carnage4Life/status/1635296194321874949

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Now that the banking industry has proven to be invincible i hope everyone bought the dip before all time highs

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

webcams for christ posted:

still seething about this

the man knows how to use a good crisis

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

looking forward to the cost to the taxpayer

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It is a bail-in not a bail-out

https://twitter.com/0ddette/status/1635292072969400320?t=lRsxrWk01vLxIxI8QK-Baw&s=19

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/daveteitelbaum/status/1635308790626263044

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

no deposits refused

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/TommyPigott/status/1635305586517774336

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

my "Americans can have confidence that our system is safe" shirt has people asking a lot of questions, etc

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

oooooooo mama

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Don't know nothing bout no fancy "yields", "basis points", or "in-flation", but I know drat well that the dow jones is green and that's just fine with me. So I suggest that everyone in this thread relax and let the money men do their thing. Can't wait to cash in with all-time stock market highs coming later this year. God bless the USA and God bless Joe Biden.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Woke Mind Virus posted:

the man knows how to use a good crisis

All time highs AND cheap gas? Way to go Mr President! :patriot:

Carmant posted:

Don't know nothing bout no fancy "yields", "basis points", or "in-flation", but I know drat well that the dow jones is green and that's just fine with me. So I suggest that everyone in this thread relax and let the money men do their thing. Can't wait to cash in with all-time stock market highs coming later this year. God bless the USA and God bless Joe Biden.

:yeah:

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 17:03 on Mar 13, 2023

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
There is clearly absolutely zero confidence that the FDIC can keep SVB and Signature and First Rep and Western Alliance and I guess Charles Schwab whole all at the same time, lmao

what a goddamn day, and the banks aren't even open for runs on their locations yet on the west coast

(that's where to watch for FR runs, fwiw; most of their branches are on the west coast)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

HallelujahLee posted:

looking forward to the cost to the taxpayer

We all get to pay a little extra in banking fees in exchange for making sure that our deposits over $250,000, a thing which is very common and we all have and were very concerned about, will be made whole in the event of a bank failure.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

...........blood?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

My tiny investment account is with TDAmeritrade, which is owned by Schwab, do I need to do a bank run?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Blood???

efb lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Thoguh posted:

My tiny investment account is with TDAmeritrade, which is owned by Schwab, do I need to do a bank run?

you should put all your money in Silver NOW

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you should put all your money in Silver NOW

silver is the fool's precious metal!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1635262396393484288?s=20

lol yeah

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

shut up and buy $GME and $AMC

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

actionjackson posted:

my novice understanding is:

The FDIC insures the first $250,000 in accounts. The money that the FDIC uses to repay that $250,000 in the case of a bank failure is raised by fees on accounts. Basically just your standard insurance scheme, where the insurance company is the FDIC.

Now the FDIC is raiding that money to pay off the uninsured funds beyond $250,000

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
as a measure to ensure stable capital markets, the federal government is instituting a waiting period for all bank withdrawals, of sufficient duration to allow a cooling-off period prior to the account holder taking possession of the banks money

waiting periods create an important "cooling off" period that can help prevent impulsive acts of economic violence, including bank runs and collapses

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

It's not helping at all lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

i'm still mad at you for saying i'm an alt. you're on my poo poo list pal

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
of course stocks are up. they just printed 600 billion dollars. that money has to go somewhere.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well that's great news for everyone who got in before the ladder got pulled up last time right?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

everybody c'mon we can do it if we try

we can do a bank run

we can do a collapse

go to your bank. it is YOUR money and you WANT IT ALL NOW

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I hear Credit Suisse is very affordable right now

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"i want all my money, but not in cash and not in bitcoin give it to me in whatever the NEXT thing is gonna be"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'm still mad at you for saying i'm an alt. you're on my poo poo list pal

to be fair you were begging for someone to be made a thread cop so who really was in the wrong there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's really pretty though