Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Leo posted:

Why is Schwab taking a beating while some regional bank stocks (like OZK) are holding steady?

it made the mistake of looking investors in the face and telling them not to panic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

He isn't. It's gonna be an open field. Everyone knows he's about to disintegrate.

doubt

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

anime was right posted:

it made the mistake of looking investors in the face and telling them not to panic

You know this is the big lesson a lot of people have taken from this turmoil.

Whenever you can, just avoid comment and/or accuse your critics of being "haters."

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

anime was right posted:

i think the 2 year/10 year is uninverting while its negative, which is a telltale sign of a recession starting

is this that “technical analysis” I’ve been hearing about?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

wow, xi helping a struggling economy to bounce back, my president

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

dads friend steve posted:

is this that “technical analysis” I’ve been hearing about?

its me looking at charts and divining poo poo like im a fortune teller in a windy forest shack

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ParijaKavilanz/status/1635331872371916800?s=20

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric Cantonese posted:

That would require legislation that pisses off donors.

It doesn't. The Fed could do it. Rask's liquidity point is good one. Let money shift this economy straight into liquidity crisis and nuke that velocity. Also incredible how even the tiniest amount of monetary contraction and everything explodes. Think the Fed should do more of that too.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

:five:

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

this poo poo sucks!!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

yeah gently caress it sure if you're gonna load children up with lunch debt might as well be to the benefit of Kraft Foods

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

:barf:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

anime was right posted:

look fiat, the economy is doing great

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

loving bullshit. Capital treats children as burdens to be upkept at minimal cost until they reach the legal labor age and it shows real hard.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Tom Tucker posted:

This dumbass like "the govt just bailed everyone out but people will want to buy insurance"

He was saying that is what could be done before the government announced the bullshit it actually did.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

if i was a child reading this id think it was fuckin sweet but as an adult its just :smith:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

didn't think it could get worse than the prison Sysco food we currently serve kids but The Market Finds a Way

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/followtheh/status/1635332636481822720

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Gonna have to change my Ukraine one to this, thanks!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

too much rat poo poo in the lunchables

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

So glad to be living in the richest country in the world.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

How is this motherfucker going to survive the 2024 election season?

People love zombies.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Lessail posted:

getting jacked off by an invisible hand must feel crazy good
man just sit on your hand until it goes a little numb or something

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1626232682882699270?s=46&t=z3uF6wUvSqPNGhOasO9PNQ

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1635333938242789376?s=20

oh thank god

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

love how schools have these big commercial kitchens and ostensibly there are folks out there who are decent enough cooks to work them yet we do these bullshit deals to feed kids lunchables instead of making big pots of chili or stew or grilled cheeses or something for what I imagine is way, way cheaper

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

inshallah

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Dont look up.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

lmao

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

lol its hellworld and the most funny explanation is if everyone is reacting to the prediction made by the magic inference machine, so it must be true

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

better not be loving wrong this time :argh:

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

this could actually cause the big one, lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Justin Tyme posted:

love how schools have these big commercial kitchens and ostensibly there are folks out there who are decent enough cooks to work them yet we do these bullshit deals to feed kids lunchables instead of making big pots of chili or stew or grilled cheeses or something for what I imagine is way, way cheaper

How could we expect them to retain knowledge if we gave them big pots of chili?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Delta-Wye posted:

lol its hellworld and the most funny explanation is if everyone is reacting to the prediction made by the magic inference machine, so it must be true

VCs kicking off a bank run bc they trust a machine that pulled a date out of its data scouring rear end

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

They were serving Pizza Hut to us in the 90s so this doesn't feel like anything new.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Love my rational market place that runs entirely off of self fulfilling prophecies

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1635335745207664640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

AI loving rules. really happy for the things OpenAI is doing for our Information Economy