Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sweeden:

South Korea:

France:

Italy:

Japan:

scran

us = not scran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Femur posted:

would decades of blow help or hurt your chances?
probably neutral but you will have a deviated septum and prob brain damage instead

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Woke Mind Virus posted:

can banks buy treasuries on the secondary market to abuse this? buy some 1000 dollar 20 yr bond that has 18 years until maturity for 700 dollars and then just give it to the fed for a free 300 dollar loan?

i really hope so

it's my pet theory for why rates are falling (lots of buyers of bonds today, increasing prices, lowering implied rates)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Glumwheels posted:

They’re all chuds FYI

yeah that's like 99% of fintwit, including our dear Walter Bloomberg but he has the good sense to keep a lid on it. his discord server is an absolute cesspool

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

FlapYoJacks posted:

(School lunches in non-shithole countries)

Especially after this bailout - and yes, it's 100% a bailout; even Cramer was calling it one - I don't ever want to hear some douchebag whine that there just isn't enough money in the budget for stuff like school lunches that are fit for human consumption. We all know that's bullshit by the way that they made billions of dollars appear from out of thin air to benefit Wall Street.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Glumwheels posted:

They’re all chuds FYI

Shut up

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

poor ZeroHedge. They were born or at least popularized during the great financial crisis and have been predicting the end of days 24/7/365 ever since. Almost got it this weekend, but hey, there's always next time!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Especially after this bailout - and yes, it's 100% a bailout; even Cramer was calling it one - I don't ever want to hear some douchebag whine that there just isn't enough money in the budget for stuff like school lunches that are fit for human consumption. We all know that's bullshit by the way that they made billions of dollars appear from out of thin air to benefit Wall Street.

All dollars are made out of thin air. Let's give some of it to Kraft for more garbage to feed children.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

the entire bank was to distracted being out looking for the magical black gay transwoman venture capitalist to juke their stats

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I've been listening to how the media frames this bailout and they're saying that they are protecting the deposits of "people". Does (did) SVB even have individual, non-investor, accounts? Or are we counting VC's as people now, because they are not.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
It was in part a retail bank yeah

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The packaging for the turkey and cheddar Lunchable option is described as a 3.5 ounce container. The document said it contains 2-ounce equivalents MMA (meat/meat alternative), one ounce equivalent of grain and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

The extra cheesy pizza option comes in a 5.05 ounce container and contains 2 ounces equivalent of MMA, 2 ounce equivalents of grain, 1/8 cup of red/orange vegetable and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Gorson posted:

I've been listening to how the media frames this bailout and they're saying that they are protecting the deposits of "people". Does (did) SVB even have individual, non-investor, accounts? Or are we counting VC's as people now, because they are not.

yes, but i would guess the vast majority of real people are covered by normal fdic limits for their savings etc

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1635340451120308226

NASDAQ: hello this is a wellness check. How are you?

Signature Bank: (is dead)

NASDAQ: I'm sorry could you please speak up?

Signature Bank: (ceased to exist on Sunday March 12th 2023 after entering FDIC receivership)

NASDAQ: Look I don't want to do this but if you don't respond to our information requests we aren't going to let your stock trade

Signature Bank: (has no stock as it all got vaporized yesterday)

NASDAQ: You've left me no choice

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1635305376047562752

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

it had real people banking there but far fewer, proportionally?, than most banks

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

The packaging for the turkey and cheddar Lunchable option is described as a 3.5 ounce container. The document said it contains 2-ounce equivalents MMA (meat/meat alternative), one ounce equivalent of grain and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

The extra cheesy pizza option comes in a 5.05 ounce container and contains 2 ounces equivalent of MMA, 2 ounce equivalents of grain, 1/8 cup of red/orange vegetable and “meets whole grain rich criteria” of the NSLP.

This country sucks!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

dads friend steve posted:

it had real people banking there but far fewer, proportionally?, than most banks

Yes

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
looking forward to a delicious and filling lunch of meat/meat alternative

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

coelomate posted:

Signature Bank: (ceased to exist on Sunday March 12th 2023 after entering FDIC receivership)

NASDAQ: Look I don't want to do this but if you don't respond to our information requests we aren't going to let your stock trade

lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Willa Rogers posted:

My wife and i were just looking at packages of lunchables the other day and lamenting how little food it was

200-300 calories is not a reasonable amount for a lunch, you're making kids pay to go hungry at that point

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1635339956100136963

5% inflation is here to stay

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

they’re giving kids woke meat alternatives. sicko stuff

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'm still mad at you for saying i'm an alt. you're on my poo poo list pal

shouldn't have boot-kissed

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

i love meat/meat alternative

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
'accidently' causing a bank run and then willing an end of rate hikes into existence

thats the free market bb

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

love how schools have these big commercial kitchens and ostensibly there are folks out there who are decent enough cooks to work them yet we do these bullshit deals to feed kids lunchables instead of making big pots of chili or stew or grilled cheeses or something for what I imagine is way, way cheaper

I don't think the homemade lunches whipped up by workers in the industrial kitchen has been a thing in schools for the last couple decades; it's all nuke-n-serve poo poo now that is on par with lunchables, only warm, so why not take that final step.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

coelomate posted:

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1635340451120308226

lmao

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sweeden:

South Korea:

France:

Italy:

Japan:

needs more plastic imo

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

dads friend steve posted:

they’re giving kids woke meat alternatives. sicko stuff

Does it contain chinese soy? That would be a travesty.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Uh that's not really fair. The thing the bank was short of, money, is something the government can create at will. They can't do that with food, they would have to create money and exchange it for food in a two step program. That's higher than the failsons in charge can count.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Radirot posted:

Does it contain chinese soy? That would be a travesty.

China:

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bgikOGb0rw

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
It's 11:30am PST. Are banks still imploding? Or was that a 4 hour ago crisis?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Centrist Committee posted:

needs more plastic imo

Yeah I don't see a lot of petroleum being used here, no deal

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

hol poo poo that looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004