Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

Those apples disintegrate into a weak, flavorless paste when placed on or near the tongue.

the granny smith slices were quite good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
red delicious apples = red garbage apples.

first time i tried a gala apple or a fuji apple i was like "wow apples are actually good??? who knew???"

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the economy is collapsing and all goons can talk about is food

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

smoobles posted:

the economy is collapsing and all goons can talk about is food

Hurry up and get on with it. As far as I can tell it's been more or less continually collapsing since 2008

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

silicone thrills posted:

first time i tried a gala apple or a fuji apple i was like "wow apples are actually good??? who knew???"

same deal for granny smith, tart trash. you should try pink lady, very good apple. empire also pretty good.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

I was promised blood today! loving goons are always wrong, better change the thread title

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
pink lady apples are the best imo

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Sweeper posted:

same deal for granny smith, tart trash. you should try pink lady, very good apple. empire also pretty good.

who doesnt love some trashy tart though :confused:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Maed posted:

I was promised blood today! loving goons are always wrong, better change the thread title

s and p closed down.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Yeah?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
thread favorite David Sacks will be on CNBC next

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

s and p closed down.

a whole 0.15% :rolleyes: I want BLOOD DAMNIT BLOOOOOD

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

reading the tea leaves, i'm not hearing poo poo from any companies i applied to and/or have been having conversations with, so those companies must still be hosed in some way

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt...142086362.WFLAH

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

So the thing about those school lunches from the time before Sodexo and Sysco managed to bamboozle their way into the lunchroom is that the recipes sucked poo poo.

Check out the contents of Quality recipes for school lunch service, from 1988. The finest foods that can be formulated from surplus agricultural production.

There's a reason that the lunch lady in the Simpsons was a running gas.

I'd assume you could get bulk items and ingredients from sysco too though, I imagine it being analogous to what McMaster-Carr is to engineering. It's just lack of will

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WeDontHaveTime/status/1635361499869790208?s=20

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

silicone thrills posted:

:hmmyes:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

okay I'm going to draw some hate but, I like all apples equally and they all taste the same except for granny smiths to me

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Oglethorpe posted:

who doesnt love some trashy tart though :confused:

British and Australian posters are allowed to say this

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

this is some aggressively stupid poo poo and gently caress this guy for pretending this is some sort of climate or poverty benefit

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Still meaning to grab an Enron sweater or something.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

many people are saying it

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

hey this time the u.s. actually does own (all of the assets of) the failed and kinda-bailed out banks. Look at us!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

and you want an ik
fuckin' monarchists

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I own all the banks asses

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

all apples are good if improved with the divine knowledge: put some salt on them

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

always cute when foreigners ask for any sort of detail or explanation for why america is the way it is and just get flabbergasted by the truth, especially about healthcare or welfare or criminal justice

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

all apples are good if improved with the divine knowledge: put some salt on them

or peanut butter or honey

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1635376719585583104?s=20

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Relevant Tangent posted:

and you want an ik
fuckin' monarchists

We sure could use an IK right about now

I for one nominate mr hootington they have proven to be tough but fair

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

America is full of demons and unrepentant sinners like a loving bosch painting and if you don't live here you don't believe me but it's true

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
that Italian school lunch looks incredible and I bet it slaps. want one immediately

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

feds got it's finger all over the economy

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

david sacks looks like jon lovitz and steve buschemi had a lovechild

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Relevant Tangent posted:

and you want an ik
fuckin' monarchists

I thought we had Hoot already?

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
Anyone getting into short term CD's with these record high rates? We had some money sitting around the last year or two cause it didn't seem like a good idea to park it anywhere near stocks or index funds with how badly our 401ks were making GBS threads themselves, just pulled the trigger on stuffing some in at 5% for 11 months and 4.5% for 19 months this weekend. I figure they might go up a bit more depending on how much the fed wants to squeeze interest rates, or maybe after the banks start crashing they'll back off and all these promo rates will evaporate.

Feels like relatively free money if you don't have the gumption to gamble on buying the dip or whatever.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

triple sulk posted:

reading the tea leaves, i'm not hearing poo poo from any companies i applied to and/or have been having conversations with, so those companies must still be hosed in some way

I doubt theyre going to hire anyone until they feel secure that a massive bank run isn't ongoing

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

FistEnergy posted:

that Italian school lunch looks incredible and I bet it slaps. want one immediately

impossible, it would cost a kings ransom to buy all those ingredients individually at kroger and throw away the 3/4 of it not used to plate the portions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

can someone good at photoshop please replace every single item on that tray with a comically large bunch of grapes to put a nice bow on the last hour?

:effort: