Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Announced on Discord, new series drop hitting with next patch

Four to Three

M'Baku
Orka
Attuma

Five to Four

Zabu
Sauron
Shadow King
Shanna
Dazzler

They also announced a balance update is in that patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PlasticAutomaton posted:

M'Baku
Orka
Attuma

Lmao the 3 S4 cards I have unlocked so far.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Lmao the 3 S4 cards I have unlocked so far.

Thankfully I have only been blessed by Orka and Attuma and I have even used him in a deck

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Knowing that I've got two more absolute dud cards in my pool when I'm still trying to get Polaris is pain.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Youremother posted:

Would making Dracula an ongoing effect be a good change to him? I don't really think Drac is OP or in serious need of a nerf like the Shuri-Thanos situation but he seems a bit strong right now. But I acknowledge I am bitter and praying I get a Drac every time I open a cache.

I think they need a new word for what mtg calls “triggered abilities” like lockjaw or drac or sunspot, and then a card that shuts those down somehow.

Barring that, please make Dracula’s ability ongoing

Edit: making dracula do his thing turn 6 and not after the game so he’s Shang-chi-able would also work

dangerburrd fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 13, 2023

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

This might be veering a tad off topic, but has anybody gotten untapped.gg's app to work under Wine in Linux? The game itself runs great in Proton I just can't stand missing out on seeing discards any more

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Waffleopolis posted:

I'd prefer if she pulls the first card your opponent plays only. That way it doesn't completely screw you if your last turn is multiple cards.

So just shoot her in the head and remove her from the game, like Leader. Your solution makes Wasp the best Aero counter in the game.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also should I be concerned that my best performing deck right now is Agatha?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Walla posted:

Also should I be concerned that my best performing deck right now is Agatha?

I think theres a chance you have brain problems.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Aramoro posted:

I think theres a chance you have brain problems.

How so? :)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The key to beating Dracula is easy, just Turn 5 Kingpin. Turn 6 Magneto. Bing bong so easy.

Also I have none of the pool 5 cards about to drop so yay! I get to finally open cards again in caches instead of just tokens!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Welp, guess it's time to work on a new Kingpin deck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I already have Orka and Sauron from Reserves. I just need some cards to work with Sauron. Lizard and Ebony Maw aren't enough.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Ninurta posted:

I was just reading that Polygon article a few minutes ago. For context Kingpin married Typhoid Mary so he could get into the mutant paradise island the X-Men made or something. I'm not a deep Marvel fan so I was mostly "Hey, I know who Typhoid Mary is now!"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm not super into marvel but i had a pandemic-induced binge of all the MCU movies a while back & watched noted non-MCU tv shows agents of shield + legion

playing snap has been a journey of finding out who various characters in the movies and tv shows are actually established legacy characters

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I also ended up watching all of the MCU due to the badgering of a (now former) friend but having non-MCU characters in Snap, or at least the characters looking the way they do in the comics, is very pleasant. And they have the X-Men here! I know them! Not having Wolverine in the MCU is like DC not putting Batman in any of their movies

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
did YOU know sera is a trans lady and is married to angela? i sure didn't before a couple weeks ago and surely any day now they'll end up in the mcu so everyone else can meet them

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The last time I read comics was during House of M and Civil War, and I only really followed the major storylines. I'm not sure who half of the characters are.

As a 90's kid, I am deeply upset at the lack of New Warriors characters. Where's Speedball and Night Thrasher?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

flatluigi posted:

did YOU know sera is a trans lady and is married to angela? i sure didn't before a couple weeks ago and surely any day now they'll end up in the mcu so everyone else can meet them

Ohhh shiiiit well I guess I have to slot Angela into every Sera deck I build now because I couldn't bear to break THAT up

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Youremother posted:

I was just reading that Polygon article a few minutes ago. For context Kingpin married Typhoid Mary so he could get into the mutant paradise island the X-Men made or something. I'm not a deep Marvel fan so I was mostly "Hey, I know who Typhoid Mary is now!"

My Typhoid Mary story is that before Snap the only place I had seen her was in a mixed group of villains in JLA/Avengers so I spent over a decade thinking she was a DC character

Ninurta posted:

Also, what run is this? I'm absolutely down for Kingpin in Krakoa.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Youremother posted:

Ohhh shiiiit well I guess I have to slot Angela into every Sera deck I build now because I couldn't bear to break THAT up

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

GarudaPrime posted:

His idea was to beat the meta, but to him the meta was not Shuri or Thanos decks, it was the most played card in the format, Aero.

So he brought a deck that used Moongirl to double up one cost cards (and She-Hulk) to fill enough lanes that he could always beat Aero plays.

Makes sense. Aero, moreso than Galactus or Thanos or Knull or Shuri, feels like it's really hard to counter. Since she can be played on 5, and she's so disruptive, there's board states where no other card but her could give you the win, and they seem to be frequent. She's the card I'm waiting to pop up in the shop, because I feel like just slotting her into a variety of my decks would increase the winrate on them by a very substantial percentage. It really hurts not having that card.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just read up on Angela and Sera. Angela is a badass. She traveled to Hel and defeated Hela so she could become the new Queen and resurrect Sera! And then lived together in an apartment in New York. :)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Darke GBF posted:

Makes sense. Aero, moreso than Galactus or Thanos or Knull or Shuri, feels like it's really hard to counter. Since she can be played on 5, and she's so disruptive, there's board states where no other card but her could give you the win, and they seem to be frequent. She's the card I'm waiting to pop up in the shop, because I feel like just slotting her into a variety of my decks would increase the winrate on them by a very substantial percentage. It really hurts not having that card.

That story ends with them losing because beating Aero still loses to Shuri and Thanos. Aero is not a win con without a top tier deck around her.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Darke GBF posted:

Aero is really really strong. But if you play zoo style decks then she's not that great, and no one was calling for her to be nerfed before Shuri entered Pool 4.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Marvel Unlimited is an excellent subscription service btw. I wish there was a playlist feature but they do a great job of curating events to be able to read a lot of them in order and they have a lot of complete runs of a lot of stuff in it and it's a great way to get back into the Marvel universe.

On top of that, it's the only place you can read about the adventures of the best loving character and probably the most OP upcoming card. JEFF!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Aero is a win con if your game plan is win two lanes going into turn 6 them aero your losing lane. That's more disruptable than people let on (by cosmo or lane fill). I do find that game plan a little stale at this point and it's going to get more stale so I support balance changes eventually. But we'll need more answers to wave -> she hulk+death+1 first. Or I just end up forced to run sandman in all my decks I guess.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Walla posted:

Just read up on Angela and Sera. Angela is a badass. She traveled to Hel and defeated Hela so she could become the new Queen and resurrect Sera! And then lived together in an apartment in New York. :)

And was created by Neil Gaiman who had to win a court case against Todd McFarlane in order to assert his rights to the character, and bring her from Image to Marvel.

RevKrule posted:

Marvel Unlimited is an excellent subscription service btw. I wish there was a playlist feature but they do a great job of curating events to be able to read a lot of them in order and they have a lot of complete runs of a lot of stuff in it and it's a great way to get back into the Marvel universe.

I've been reading MU through the Complete Marvel Reading Order's essential comics list for like a year, starting with Fantastic Four #1, and I'm just now hitting the 90s and comics I read when I was a kid.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i dont know about anyone else but i only play cosmo reactively. if he isn't being used to stuff your opponents big plan at the right moment you are playing wrong

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I use Cosmo as a glorified Armor, i.e. blocking the Shang-Chi.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
my current favorite turn 6 trick is iron fist and aero, so you can put her stats in a good lane and their stats in a bad lane

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

my current favorite turn 6 trick is iron fist and aero, so you can put her stats in a good lane and their stats in a bad lane

Does an opposing Aero move her wherever anyways tho?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sandwolf posted:

depends who has initiative i guess

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sandwolf posted:

Yes. It's an on reveal, so the first Aero moves all unflipped cards to her location, if there's room, and then the second Aero activates.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

psychopomp posted:

MU through the Complete Marvel Reading Order's essential comics list

the who in the what now

...oh. I did not know this existed.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No Wave posted:

Aero is a win con if your game plan is win two lanes going into turn 6 them aero your losing lane. That's more disruptable than people let on (by cosmo or lane fill). I do find that game plan a little stale at this point and it's going to get more stale so I support balance changes eventually. But we'll need more answers to wave -> she hulk+death+1 first. Or I just end up forced to run sandman in all my decks I guess.

This feels like the debate about Leader, only back then it was "win two lanes going into turn 6, then Leader".

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Fate Accomplice posted:

the who in the what now

...oh. I did not know this existed.

It's been pretty convenient as most issues have a "Read it Online" link that goes right to the MU issue in question.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Quackles posted:

This feels like the debate about Leader, only back then it was "win two lanes going into turn 6, then Leader".
I mean, it was. The pressing issue with leader was it made people feel personally injured.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Quackles posted:

I came in at the tail end of the Surfer season so I never saw a lot of Leader. But when the current meta relies on dropping most of its power on turn 6, it's extremely easy to play Aero with priority. The easiest way to play around Aero is to play strong cards on every turn. If you're ahead on 2 or 3 lanes on turn 5, Aero is much less disruptive. But that fails against Shuri, and the easiest way to counter Shuri is to play Shuri. It's all a bit poo poo.

No Wave posted:

I mean, it was. The pressing issue with leader was it made people feel personally injured.

And now people have the same complaint against Aero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

In Agatha news, I'm now rank 49. I'm up 5 ranks from 44. Captain Marvel and Aero win a lot of games.