Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Nikno Podiumberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

id take that job if i could talk to max for a couple mins after

you dog faced pony soldier

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

ethanol posted:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Alright, finished S2. S3 (2020) predictions.

Williams stops winning
All the young guys stop crashing into their teammates (but start crashing into the enemy)
As this is supposedly the last year to throw money at everything, all the big teams will dominate by throwing even more money at things.
Haas breaks into the top 3
Williams...lol, nah
There's at least one race where it's Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull at the finish.
That disgraced Indian trump type guy shows back up with a shadow investor to win his team back.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol, Hass winning. Prepare for the age of Mazespin

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Elendil004 posted:

Without spoiling much you ain't wrong.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ethanol posted:

sorry did you say frog faced tony poster

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

Alright, finished S2. S3 (2020) predictions.

Williams stops winning
All the young guys stop crashing into their teammates (but start crashing into the enemy)
As this is supposedly the last year to throw money at everything, all the big teams will dominate by throwing even more money at things.
Williams...lol, nah
There's at least one race where it's Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull Red Bull at the finish.
That disgraced Indian trump type guy shows back up with a shadow investor to win his team back.

Incorrect

Don’t try and make these types of predictions from DTS. They literally only show like, 1/4 of the drama within a season because they only have so much footage that they need to make work in the context of their stories. You’re going to miss so much of moves teams actually make other than the like, 4 drivers that they show doing some contract move to another team.

Also like, they make teammates look like they hate each other perpetually. Some do, but there’s a scene with two Mclaren drivers in 2021 where in DTS Lando says “HE PUSHED ME OFF” and it’s edited to look like the two teammates came together.

This is just an outright lie, he didn’t say that about his teammate nor did they push each other there.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
2020 was a wild season. So many chaotic races

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

2020 was the last good year in F1

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Incorrect

Don’t try and make these types of predictions from DTS.

No it's ok they are only predictions for DTS.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
f1tv does not have the 86 spanish gp but it has ~50 minutes of highlights that so far are very very good

marlboro mclarens, the john player renault. drat these cars are so much smaller

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Agreed. We got the Black Merc and Lewis fought against racism for all of us :allears:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ethanol posted:

The pace car cleans up all the poop max leaves on the track because he poops and pees immediately upon getting in the car. It’s the only place he feels comfortable to do that these days. His private jet has a race car cockpit installed in it so he can poo and pee there on long trips

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

I love that the new intro really captures the pathos of leclerc

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jon Carbuncle posted:

I love that the new intro really captures the pathos of leclerc

the thousand yard stare cracks me up

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

I think you'll find the last Good Year was in 1998, after that Bridgstone took over as the sole supplier.

Also Mika Hakkinen won his first World Championship.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Elendil004 posted:

I want to get into the current season so I dont know if I can take a break and do a whole older f1 season.

Don't worry, since this is F1, you'll be incredibly, aggresively bored out of your mind very soon watching it. I'd say like in two races max. Like not slightly bored, but a race will come along that hits you harder than any long covid could, that just right out sucks even the last bit of energy to stay awake out of your body, floors you right then and there, makes you truly understand what "the lights go out" really means, and when you think you can finally fall asleep, will go even one step further and put you into a nearly comatose state that would make normal, non-F1 watching people call the ambulance or depending on if they like you or not the undertaker right away. After this happened, it'll happen about ten to eightteen times more this season until the wrong guy wins WDC.

That's the moments you can watch the 2021 season, inception-style. Just remember to instruct someone to bump you back to fully awake state.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

tuo posted:

Don't worry, since this is F1, you'll be incredibly, aggresively bored out of your mind very soon watching it. I'd say like in two races max. Like not slightly bored, but a race will come along that hits you harder than any long covid could, that just right out sucks even the last bit of energy to stay awake out of your body, floors you right then and there, makes you truly understand what "the lights go out" really means, and when you think you can finally fall asleep, will go even one step further and put you into a nearly comatose state that would make normal, non-F1 watching people call the ambulance or depending on if they like you or not the undertaker right away. After this happened, it'll happen about ten to eightteen times more this season until the wrong guy wins WDC.

That's the moments you can watch the 2021 season, inception-style. Just remember to instruct someone to bump you back to fully awake state.

I have a 1 year old now and my wife says I have to choose my solo weekend activities.

:negative:

freddiestarfish
Dec 4, 2005
I LIKE RABBITS

Residency Evil posted:

I have a 1 year old now and my wife says I have to choose my solo weekend activities.

Crybaby crying that they can't watch other big crybabies because of an actual baby?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you only need like 7 minutes for the first 3 laps, then you can alternate between checking on the kid and shitposting in the thread

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Residency Evil posted:

We are living in a world where smart home devices exist,so I'm sure there is a way to make the TV switch to MotoGP when a device notices you getting close to the dreaded lap five nap. It'll bring you right back to the edge of your seat, and you can switch back to F1 after the way shorter race to catch the end of the 30 min safety car phase triggered by light rain twenty kilometres away from the track.

e: then again with Nando actually beeing in the mix at the front, I assume we might get a rather not-boring season, fingers crossed.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
man you guys are getting me hyped for the next race

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

man you guys are getting me hyped for the next race

Bad track, bad host country, bad cars. Not sure you want to get too worked up right now. Save your excitement for a real circuit or Baku.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Some of my most memorably satisfying naps have been waking up after an hour because my brain managed to parse that the TV was yelling about a safety car after 40 laps of nothingness.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Forgot about this gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JLb8wcetfM

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
I don't really drink Monday-Saturday, but bring either a case of Holsten Pils or a bottle of something themed (i.e. tequila for Mexican GP) to my friends house for grands prix. We tend to crack a can open for the race start, and if nothing has happened in the first 5 laps or so, start drinking in earnest.

That way you have a fun 'chill session' and 'bants' with a friend with F1 in the background, punctuated occasionally with things like "Oh poo poo, Leclerc went into the gravel! Oh no wait that's Sainz. Wait no, Crofty's saying it is Leclerc. No wait, Crofty was just wrong, it is Sainz."

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Imagine loving something up so badly that even Ferrari are trying to save you from yourself.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
F1 is for Sunday afternoon naps

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

net work error posted:

Bad track, bad host country, bad cars. Not sure you want to get too worked up right now. Save your excitement for a real circuit or Baku.

Hey now, there could be missiles to spice things up

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rectal Placenta posted:

It's lights out and away we doze

F1 nap crew gang tag when

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

net work error posted:

There’s only been two races and I can remember things from them, it can’t be that bad:
1) when Max was on a screaming quali lap but ran into the wall on the last corner
2) when Max made Hamilton run into him

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Snoremula 1
Grand Zzzz..

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Boremula 1

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maybe they'll get to dodge Yemeni rocket strikes again this year.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Rectal Placenta posted:

Honestly most of the European races that start at 8 AM my local time I just watch from bed

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Rectal Placenta posted:

After ice skating and road cycling my most slept through sport.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Elendil004 posted:

Vijay Mallya goes to prison and Canadian Lex Luther buys the team.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I have a dumb question. Why do the names of the constructors change so much? For example I saw someone mention Audi and I was thinking to myself Audi doesn’t have a team that I know of. Then I saw they will be replacing Alfa.

Is this branding, or the manufacturer supplying the parts?

When Andretti gets in his team will be called something like Jimmy johns freaky fast Andretti GMC I’m lovin it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

tony quidtana posted:

Increasingly of the opinion that Ferrari needs to back several trucks packed with money up to Gigi Dall'igna's home and just hire him.

they'd still gently caress it up by making him shave his eyebrow or something