Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

copy posted:

cool but also lol seeing that and immediately whispering "CHEST YOU-NIT" to myself

:hai:

also just finished up the chest

this stuff rules. the plug ejection port mechanism is insanely sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Cool projects everyone!

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

right arm posted:

:hai:

also just finished up the chest

this stuff rules. the plug ejection port mechanism is insanely sick

looks great! i think the rg eva torso specifically is one of the sickest things bandai has ever done. enjoy

ive been struggling through the rg gaogaigar for months and its really bumming me out bc i wanted to love it but it kinda sucks. gonna shelve it and do the rg hi-nu instead bc its supposed to be the best

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hell yeah looking good. It's nice and relaxing then you get a little statue to put on a shelf.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol I clipped a piece I shouldn’t have on the kneecap. spent like 30’ fixing with superglue and hot safety wire since it was a pivot point. won’t be doing that again :D

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

right arm posted:

got off work early so starting early lol

feeling incredibly accomplished after clipping and filing my first two pieces and sticking them together lol

your pliers are labeled godhand

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

god hand... right arm... whoa

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

right arm posted:

Lol I clipped a piece I shouldn’t have on the kneecap. spent like 30’ fixing with superglue and hot safety wire since it was a pivot point. won’t be doing that again :D

Was it the weird knee-guards? This exact thing happened to me too lol

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

god hand... right arm... whoa

:D

Uncle Frank posted:

Was it the weird knee-guards? This exact thing happened to me too lol

Lmfao yes dude. I was so pissed cause like 5’ before that I said out loud “I’m surprised I haven’t hosed this up yet”. glad I wasn’t the only one lol

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

progress!

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Nice

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Here we go

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Done. That was a pretty involved HG

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

that’s sick and also lol I’m so slow :kiddo:

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Done. That was a pretty involved HG

nice. i need to pick myself up a pharact at some point, love the designs from this show

right arm posted:

that’s sick and also lol I’m so slow :kiddo:

HGs come together a lot quicker than RGs, don't worry about it. i can usually do an HG in a day between work and school but depending on the RG it will definitely take me a few days. I'll probably spend a day on the hi-nu's funnels alone lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm also kinda fast as I don't sand stuff down perfectly smooth and pristine, I get to "good enough" with an xacto where it's not noticeable unless it's right in front of your face. Gunpla is chill, the tabletop game models are where I go insane so it's nice to have something simple and snaps together and I don't have to make each micrometer perfect.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I do love seeing cell shaded stuff pop up on Instagram every once in a while

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoZA0RxypTF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Weekend progress report:

I'll fix seamlines and do final assembly of a few missing parts next and then move onto painting.

Edit :

Scale reference

Odddzy fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 13, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hell yeah

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Odddzy posted:

Weekend progress report:

I'll fix seamlines and do final assembly of a few missing parts next and then move onto painting.

Edit :

Scale reference

Sick!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol the prog knife storage is sick

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

right arm posted:

It’s so loving cool lol

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

right arm posted:

EmmyOk posted:

It’s so loving cool lol

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

right arm posted:

hell yeah it is. eva rules

i like to concept out custom projects i'll never do. eva -46h (side story between 3.33 and 3.0+1.0) is on youtube so i took a bunch of screenshots of the frankenstein eva 02 asuka uses and drafted up what it would look like to customize the rg to match

can't stress enough how much i will never do this but it looks cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

JoeGlassJAw posted:

i like to concept out custom projects i'll never do. eva -46h (side story between 3.33 and 3.0+1.0) is on youtube so i took a bunch of screenshots of the frankenstein eva 02 asuka uses and drafted up what it would look like to customize the rg to match

That rocks dude

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

JoeGlassJAw posted:

eva -46h (side story between 3.33 and 3.0+1.0)

lol

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

JoeGlassJAw posted:

(Earnestly understanding every word of this post) Evangelion kicks rear end

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Uncle Frank posted:

Lol this

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

lol

Uncle Frank posted:

lol yeah

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I'll probably spend a day on the hi-nu's funnels alone lol
between projects and meetings this literally took me two days lol. i've done the rg nu though so i knew what i was in for. i love the two tone blue already, i can tell this kit is gonna own

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

those are gorgeous

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
The final boxes came in

... ... I also ordered this

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

whoa the ship looks sick!

I 100% should’ve gotten some loupes for putting the loving stickers on this thing cause pulling my glasses off to put the stickers on and then putting them on to see was getting annoying lol

also I’m done with the actual EVA itself. made a perfect recreation of the scene from ep 3 where Shinji gets thrown into the (lego bonsai) trees lol

building the stand maybe this weekend or next time I’m on call. gotta give my eyes / back a break lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

right arm posted:

I 100% should’ve gotten some loupes for putting the loving stickers on this thing cause pulling my glasses off to put the stickers on and then putting them on to see was getting annoying lol

also I’m done with the actual EVA itself. made a perfect recreation of the scene from ep 3 where Shinji gets thrown into the (lego bonsai) trees lol

building the stand maybe this weekend or next time I’m on call. gotta give my eyes / back a break lol

Looks awesome gj!

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

right arm posted:

this looks awesome!

the engineering on the rg hi-nu is insane, this leg took me all morning. also the leg alone is as tall as the rg crossbone lol

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
it begins... AMX-004 Qubeley incoming

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pragmatica posted:

extremely based workspace

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pragmatica posted:

hell yeah hell yeah

nice bright space to work too!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

god drat

Fungah! posted:

extremely based workspace

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hell yeah let's go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pragmatica posted:

Sick, good luck!