Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

I would love to play the original System Shock but the art style or the lighting or something in the demo of this remake was so loving bad I couldn't even finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol called it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

A two month delay doesn't seem that catastrophic? If they'd have said '2024' then I'd be preparing the obituary but I'd imagine the PC release at least will see the light of day

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

No Dignity posted:

A two month delay doesn't seem that catastrophic? If they'd have said '2024' then I'd be preparing the obituary but I'd imagine the PC release at least will see the light of day
The game was supposed to come out in 2017.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Who among us has not turned in an assignment 6 years late

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Volte posted:

The game was supposed to come out in 2017.

Sure, and it just got an industry standard two month delay. If they've got nothing I would have thought they'd kick the can down the road by more than 60 days

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

wasn't there already a remaster like five years ago?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still doing better than HL2 Ep3

Annnnnnyyyyyyy day now

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

No Dignity posted:

Sure, and it just got an industry standard two month delay. If they've got nothing I would have thought they'd kick the can down the road by more than 60 days
This could very well be the real release date for all anyone knows, but given that it's a Kickstarter project and people are rightfully pissed off that the thing they put money into seven years ago still isn't out yet, I don't think they would want to rattle that cage anymore than they absolutely have to.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
that's nothin, Ive been waiting for a Mega Man X fan game for fourteen years

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

Who amogus has not turned in an assignment 6 years late

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

that's nothin, Ive been waiting for a Mega Man X fan game for fourteen years

Is Corrupted really that old or is this another MMX fangame?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Volte posted:

This could very well be the real release date for all anyone knows, but given that it's a Kickstarter project and people are rightfully pissed off that the thing they put money into seven years ago still isn't out yet, I don't think they would want to rattle that cage anymore than they absolutely have to.
OTOH if beta testers found some serious issues that they need to fix, it'd be way better if Nightdive took the time to address those issues than release the game with those issues present in 1.0. after the mess that was Blade Runner Remastered they probably don't want a repeat of that

the new rumor is that Nixxes is porting Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart to PC/Steam, which would mean the PS5 would lose its final exclusive game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Corrupted started development in 2009 and will never release

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

hatty posted:

20 years from now there will still gameplay videos coming out regularly and the release year will still be TBA

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Who said the Playstation doesn't have games?

Bet you're feeling really loving stupid right about now :smug:

I see at least one of these games specifically about once or twice a week alongside games from something called Breakthrough Gaming that puts out Christian jrpgs and dating visual novels (and a ton of games that look like they were made in BASIC) every sunday for around the same price. One time they put out an MMO, but the psn store wouldn't let me purchase it despite listing it. :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

what the gently caress

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Volte posted:

My oldest kickstarter is Heart Forth, Alicia which is a beautiful magic-based metroidvania game that was funded in April 2014 with an estimated release date of May 2015. For the last couple of years most of the updates are poo poo like "Making progress on the final dungeon, just had to rebuild (fundamental gameplay feature) to support one of the boss battles!" but he does release new screenshots and backer alphas every so often and the game looks way better than I ever expected it to. A lot of people are really mad about their $15 investment being tied up for so long.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Star Citizen started in the Reagan Era. Feel old yet?!?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still betting Unsung Story never comes out, even in its 'looks nothing like the original pitch' state.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Less time has passed between the 1969 moon landing and the Star Citizen kickstarter than has passed between the Star Citizen kickstarter and now

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

the only kickstarter i ever put money toward was barkley 2.

hell of a miss rate, huh

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Metroid Dread came out!!! There's hope for star citizen yet!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

External Organs posted:

Metroid Dread came out!!! There's hope for star citizen yet!

Prime 4 is the harbinger of the Star Citizen release date

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

My oldest kickstarter is Heart Forth, Alicia which is a beautiful magic-based metroidvania game that was funded in April 2014 with an estimated release date of May 2015. For the last couple of years most of the updates are poo poo like "Making progress on the final dungeon, just had to rebuild (fundamental gameplay feature) to support one of the boss battles!" but he does release new screenshots and backer alphas every so often and the game looks way better than I ever expected it to. A lot of people are really mad about their $15 investment being tied up for so long.
Black Ice entered Early Access in 2014 and is also nearing end of development finally. Similar story with Secrets of Grindea which might actually release by the end of the year.

it's games like Grindea and HFA that gave early access a bad rep but if they do eventually come out then at least they managed to pull it off. nowadays a lot of devs use Early Access purely for beta testing and they have already secured funding elsewhere, and that's probably the proper way to do it. I don't think anyone doubts for example that My Time at Sandrock will get finished since they've used the same process as Portia and it's published by Focus Home.

i mean there's still bedroom devs that use Early Access as a form of Patreon to keep the lights on to make the game, which is risky as gently caress, but it's not as bad as it used to be. you see it most in the retro FPS and roguelite spaces

if you see a game set to release in Early Access that talks about launching a Kickstarter though, that's a red flag imo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

my two sole crowdfunding contributions are pillars of eternity 1 and pillars of eternity 2, so i've got a 100% hit rate all things told

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained, Pathologic 2.

1 good game out of 3 isn't too bad I guess...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The only videogame kickstarters I've put money towards have been Jeff Vogel's games, dude keeps putting up a kickstarter every year or so and his games keep coming out more or less when planned. And they've all been winners too.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I backed Broken Age which I never ended up playing more than an hour of but I did follow the documentary as it was coming out which made the whole thing worth it in my eyes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I will never support anyone ever

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i supported the perfect tides station to station kickstarter

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I was in the panels where they announced Mighty No 9 and Bloodstained and it was so hype to see Inafune and Iga announce new projects. Those were optimistic and naive times.

I got bloodstained for switch and that turned out unplayable.

Still waiting for Unsung Story and Barkley 2. At least I know Mina the Hollower will most likely come out, they made Shovel Knight so they have a good track record... right?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I supported the Barkley 2 development and the music I got from doing so was worth it, and then the giant shitstorm almost a decade later was the icing on the cake.

Pleased with my investment.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I dodged the Mighty No. 9 bullet by being broke at the time. I probably would’ve chosen the Vita version which is in limbo as far as I know. I now remember Red Ash and lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kickstarter... the ultimate pre-order

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Walked into gamestop to try to buy the new Trails to Azure game.
They said stores only got copies to match the pre-orders.

If I want I could order at the store and they ship it to my home.
Was like no thanks, if I’m gonna order online anyway, it’s not gonna be from there.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Can't wait for Tale's of Games to release another run of Cyberdwarf body pillows

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bloodstained was pretty good but I got it on PC. Pathologic 2 is one of the best games ever made

That's all I've kickstarted so feeling pretty good lol

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I was in the panels where they announced Mighty No 9 and Bloodstained and it was so hype to see Inafune and Iga announce new projects. Those were optimistic and naive times.

I got bloodstained for switch and that turned out unplayable.

Still waiting for Unsung Story and Barkley 2. At least I know Mina the Hollower will most likely come out, they made Shovel Knight so they have a good track record... right?
Have you played Bloodstained on another platform? It's one of those games that I will forever just install and do a playthrough of sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Routine's coming out annnnnny day now