Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Willa Rogers posted:

brita filters are like $6 and last for a few months.

Only boomers drink water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again

Willa Rogers posted:

jesus christ, if this ain't exhibit a in why the twitter files are a public good.

Why are you helping Republicans?!?!?!??!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

lmao. fdic gonna beg the cia for a spot at the Thought Police meetings

jamie dimon was already part of the secret working groups with the government that were determining speech that "undermined" our country's fine institutions & thus needed to be censored.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Why are you guys all panting over that Thomas Massie guy. He sounds like an rear end in a top hat.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

jesus christ, if this ain't exhibit a in why the twitter files are a public good.

they are a public good, just not in a way their billionaire master could conceive, and also in a way none of the journalists involved can be made to understand in public. it’s a limited hangout for reactionary political goals, but that doesn’t make it uninteresting information, just information you can’t really form an accurate picture based on.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Eric Cantonese posted:

Why are you guys all panting over that Thomas Massie guy. He sounds like an rear end in a top hat.

that tweet he tweeted is factually correct in this case though

although i don't think the government took much convincing

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

bc he exposed a lovely senator's lovely proposal.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

jamie dimon was already part of the secret working groups with the government that were determining speech that "undermined" our country's fine institutions & thus needed to be censored.

that rules

bankers participating in a shadowy cabal? true but also hate speech.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

Don't tell the musk thread that

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

worst person you know, so close to getting it, etc.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Eric Cantonese posted:

if a republican quotes a democrat saying something bad, the republican's badness undoes the democrat's and makes the statement/policy good and it has to now be defended

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

selec posted:

they are a public good, just not in a way their billionaire master could conceive, and also in a way none of the journalists involved can be made to understand in public. it’s a limited hangout for reactionary political goals, but that doesn’t make it uninteresting information, just information you can’t really form an accurate picture based on.

fortunately other journos & other outlets have also exposed the censorship cabals, an inconvenient truth that does form an accurate picture and yet for some reason keeps getting ignored. :iiam:

eta: but some of those other journos are financed by pierre omidyar, another billionaire, so I guess they're sus as well.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
maisse sucks but yeah thats a bad take from mark kelly lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Eric Cantonese posted:

Only boomers drink water.

I recently saw milk billboards saying that milk hydrates better than water. Can't imagine chugging milk after a heavy set of deadlifts lol.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“cool the labor market” hahah. jfc

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

:goonsay: I strolled through the soda aisle this morning, and sweet sugary death is now up to $8 per 12-pack, up from $7 a month ago.

soda cucks stay losing

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

net work error posted:

I recently saw milk billboards saying that milk hydrates better than water. Can't imagine chugging milk after a heavy set of deadlifts lol.

theres an electrolyte or something in there. milk is now gatorade.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

net work error posted:

that's why you take a gallon jug and fill it with 50% milk and 50% water. optimal recovery

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

happy st Patrick’s day

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

anime was right posted:

theres an electrolyte or something in there. milk is now gatorade.

the real pros slam pickle juice after a set

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

that's why you take a gallon jug and fill it with 50% milk and 50% water. optimal recovery

That's cheating your way through GOMAD

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the only market that ever needs cooling is the labor market

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

one way to cool the labor market is to let more immigrants in

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Casey Finnigan posted:

They are going to swap out all the milk in school lunches to this kraft provided super drink.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Anyway, now that we know for sure that inflation is trending down and that January was just a fluke, what do you guys think the next crisis will be?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

net work error posted:

gym bros chug milk shakes all the time

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

fortunately other journos & other outlets have also exposed the censorship cabals, an inconvenient truth that does form an accurate picture and yet for some reason keeps getting ignored. :iiam:

eta: but some of those other journos are financed by pierre omidyar, another billionaire, so I guess they're sus as well.

I don’t think liberation can be born from a software platform, so ultimately my take on these programs and ideas is “bad, but also a game being played by people who think Russia posting Beefy Bernie memes was truly harmful” and so in that sense I don’t see it as much of a threat. the most powerful people in the system must be as stupid as the system demands them to be, and if they’re focusing on the wrong things, ie their twitter mentions, then let them keep staring at that.

their twitter mentions being better or worse has no material effect on me, or anyone I know, who isn’t just on Twitter for fun, the only use case for it that makes any sense.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

if a republican quotes a democrat saying something bad, the republican's badness undoes the democrat's and makes the statement/policy good and it has to now be defended

I wonder how trustworthy he is, but he seems like one of those useful Libertarian idiots that the GOP tolerates because he can't really prevent anything they want from passing and otherwise goes along for all the stuff they really care about. I guess this is like those rare times when a Libertarian speaks out against police abuse and I should applaud that.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

ArmZ posted:

gym bros chug milk shakes all the time

that's protein powder and it doesn't make you nauseous it just fucks your guts up in many other ways

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

anime was right posted:

maisse sucks but yeah thats a bad take from mark kelly lol

he should have been on Columbia

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

that's protein powder and it doesn't make you nauseous it just fucks your guts up in many other ways

I thought it was mostly whey powder

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1635685414836027392

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

ArmZ posted:

I thought it was mostly whey powder

yeah it is whey powder. it makes you fart basically

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Eric Cantonese posted:

he's a bircher and a libertarian lmao

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lots of fiber in those trays

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Weird how he doesn’t mention Peter Theil as the main instigator :thunk:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

WATCH BIDEN START A FUCKIN WAR

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

net work error posted:

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/why-chocolate-milk-is-the-perfect-post-workout-recovery-beverage

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

Is there not a Tom Clancy novel where basically that happens - the government determines that the market crashing is the result of nefarious foreign enemies, so they just don't permit it to, or something?

Yes. Debt of Honor. When they realize Wall Street was cyberattacked by Japan, they just roll back the results to the last time stamp before it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Eric Cantonese posted:

I wonder how trustworthy he is, but he seems like one of those useful Libertarian idiots that the GOP tolerates because he can't really prevent anything they want from passing and otherwise goes along for all the stuff they really care about. I guess this is like those rare times when a Libertarian speaks out against police abuse and I should applaud that.

nobody likes silicon valley types in the entire country. besides most politicians who get donations from them.

so it's a popular and wise move to poo poo on them no matter who you are. unless you get a lot of donations from them