Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Turns out I was real close to Kakariko anyway. I did a bunch of stuff. Found Hestu and the great fairy. Bought a tunic and a hood. Talked to some kind of ninja that attacked me.

Now you can go anywhere and do anything but I still recommend heading to Hateno to finish out your kit. You should’ve got a teaser for the location from Impa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Talked to some kind of ninja that attacked me.

Yeah that'll happen.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Free bananas

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Lol the new Ted Lasso has a BotW reference where someone said "the last level of Breath of the Wild" like who is calling the castle that come on it's 2023 get your videogame references correct

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I lost my last life on the final level of Breath of the Wild, which sucks because I was so close to a high score!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
That’s why you need to always make sure to have extra tokens for a continue

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

MokBa posted:

Lol the new Ted Lasso has a BotW reference where someone said "the last level of Breath of the Wild" like who is calling the castle that come on it's 2023 get your videogame references correct

this kind of thing irritated me as a kid, but now I just find it baffling. video games are very popular nowadays, if you have to reference them you should at least get the details right

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zoomers dont even know what levels are

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

MokBa posted:

I guess I wasn't paying attention, when was this?

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

zoomers dont even know what levels are

Back in my day we called them waves.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

MokBa posted:

Just out of curiosity, what was the context of the line?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Captain Hygiene posted:

I do recommend finding Hestu at some point. I managed to completely miss him in my first playthrough, even following the game's recommended intro path, but the stuff you get from him is pretty necessary in the long run.

I didn't entirely miss him on my one and only playthrough, but I didn't actually talk to him until long after the game expects you to do so. I don't know how far into my game it was, but it was probably over 100 hours in, and I could have sworn I'd already gone over that area he's in at some point but just somehow missed him. It did mean that I had a gently caress ton of faerie poop I could trade for upgrades by the time I did find him, and was able to quickly grab a lot of upgrades on the trot though, which was nice.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I think he only lets you do two or three upgrades at the first spot then he fucks off to his main location.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He has two spots he goes to before loving off to his main location.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

He has two spots he goes to before loving off to his main location.

Hestu is always trying to lure you to a secondary location and I do not trust him.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I think he only lets you do two or three upgrades at the first spot then he fucks off to his main location.

Yeah, I already had the main location done though if I recall; so I was able to track him down and keep trading if memory serves. It also meant I got to see his little dance quite a few times on the trot; both a blessing and, after enough of them, kind of a curse. I wonder what fascinating little moments like that Tears of the Kingdom will include. Link's joy when cooking, Hestu's dance, there are probably other examples I'm forgetting of little character beats you see a lot that just make the game more endearing. Maybe they'll have a dog petting animation in this one? They won't gently caress that up twice, surely?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I was able to do two before he said his grandpa was looking for him

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Sidon’s smile-and-flex schtick made me chuckle every time, more of that kind of thing would be nice

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
If the time-skip is minimal, I hope we get to touch base with all the descendant champions and their villages again.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I thought Sidon was a condescending rear end in a top hat at first so imagine my growing delight as I realized he genuinely was that much of a bro

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

I thought Sidon was a condescending rear end in a top hat at first so imagine my growing delight as I realized he genuinely was that much of a bro

I honestly thought he was leading me into a trap at first because he was always “go that way a little further, I’ll meet you later!” And then a gently caress load of monsters would try and kill you.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I honestly thought he was leading me into a trap at first because he was always “go that way a little further, I’ll meet you later!” And then a gently caress load of monsters would try and kill you.

:same:

I was fully expecting to fight that fucker wherever I wound up, not be ready to give him a fist bump

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shiroc posted:

TotK should build on Kass and the Splatoon concept of all music being played live in universe and have bands everywhere. Every town with the city band. Every dungeon with a spooky skeleton band. Ganon's minions dooting horns during the final battle.

This legit is one of the dopest video game ideas I've ever heard and I'd loving love this.

Khanstant posted:

Then it's been too long since I've replayed because I thought I remember a few areas having awkward cameras just like OoT did in some places. In my head there's a rupee or kid hidden behind or top of a building and it's only "hidden" because the camera doesn't point that way.

Does MM have a PC port coming?

Majora's Mask seldom uses a fixed camera, and there's only two locations I can think of and one is in Clocktown: Behind the Curiosity Shop when you first enter the hallways are all on fixed cameras. The only other time I can think of a fixed camera is when you're controlling Link and Kafei trying to get the Sun Mask.

I guess you could count the Swamp boat ride and the Wagon Ride from Romani Ranch, but those are in first person so.

There's a Majora's Mask decomp in the works, maybe by the same people as the OoT decomp, but there's no release.

sigher fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 16, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Alright well Clock Town back in the running for number 1 town in videogames and godspeed to any decompers

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
At least some of the older Zelda amiibo are getting reprints if you want to get them without paying aftermarket like I ended up doing
Majora Link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-link-majoras-mask/5863900.p?skuId=5863900
Twilight Princess: https://www.gamestop.com/products/amiibo---link---the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess/146880.html

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

So I was just watching my daughter play BOTW and something came up that I never noticed before because I never used horses very much. I never knew that horseback attacks are all critical hits! I mean it makes sense.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I keep ditching horses to climb cliffs and next thing you know I am on the other side of the map.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

BotW with Elden Ring's horse summoning mechanics would be amazing. Getting the ancient saddle is a good approximation though.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I haven't been using boomerangs much because I lose it any time I throw it at an enemy, but I read there's a trick where you can catch it mid air with magnesis and still use it as a weapon.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

Yeah, hope they do away with the "catch" button on boomerangs and you just catch them automatically. Theyre fun but I ended up not using them much because I'd have to spend so much time hunting my dropped boomerang.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I love having to catch the boomerangs

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Well, poo poo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/11vfywz/nooo_you_cant_just_launch_the_ice_block_up_there/

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:sickos:

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

the clock town theme is probably the best song in the series tbqh

It's catchy and I like how it changes over the 3 day cycle but it's not even the best song in MM

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MokBa posted:

Wind Waker’s music is a swashbuckling adventure whereas Twilight Princess was just like a generic redo of OoT (in its music and everything else). Honestly I think WW has my favorite music in the entire franchise.

Plus I never get tired of watching this guy.

https://youtu.be/uRv8gnBMiWM
Yeah, I still love Twilight Princess rather a lot, but it is super obvious they had a more interesting game centered around animals in their heads before Wind Waker drew rather a lot of ire and they pivoted back to basically just remaking Ocarina of Time, which was already basically a 3D Link to the Past.

I would love to peek into the timeline where they never did that Space World demo.

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Just out of curiosity, what was the context of the line?
Ted was explaining why he and his kid were distracted when the kid was called to board a flight and said the kid was trying to unlock Princess Peach in Super Smash Brothers and the lady working the counter said she understood, because she died in the middle of delaying a whole flight on the last level of Breath of the Wild.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
ahh isn't peach unlocked in every smash by default? So close, just change one word!

Between that and White Lotus s1 also prominently featuring a Switch, I'm just more disappointed that writers don't know (or maybe don't care) about its straightforward sleep mode.

I guess they gotta get their characterization in where they can.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 20, 2023

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Edit: Doublepost.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

f#a# posted:

ahh isn't peach unlocked in every smash by default? So close, just change one word!

Between that and White Lotus s1 also prominently featuring a Switch, I'm just more disappointed that writers don't know (or maybe don't care) about its straightforward sleep mode.

I guess they gotta get their characterization in where they can.

She's not.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

So the japanese Nintendo Dream magazine article was a bunch of fluff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

peach is not unlocked by default in smash bros ultimate