Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

just the dumbest turds alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

LET THE CUTS COMMENCE

The only way 100bps of cuts actually happens in the next 9 months is if the economy explodes.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the economy collapsing in the next 9 months seems possible tbh

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

I
Want
Bank
Death

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

just the dumbest turds alive

Lmao just the total abdication of responsibility by the political classes

/is elected

/gesticulates randomly at the fed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao just the total abdication of responsibility by the political classes

/is elected

/gesticulates randomly at the fed

No, no, you see. Gridlock is good. It's GOOD that the government is totally paralyzed and incapable of doing anything.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Well that is complete fantasist nonsense. Love the rational free market

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Look fuckers, I only became a elected official so I could do cocaine and have weird problematic power sex, not handhold the bank back into solvency

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Well that is complete fantasist nonsense. Love the rational free market

Look they made infinite free money during the pandemic and they will be chasing that high for the rest of all of our increasing short and miserable lives

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Look they made infinite free money during the pandemic and they will be chasing that high for the rest of all of our increasing short and miserable lives

I mean the answer is simple: another pandemic

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1635978987502546946

No contagion! NOOOO CONTAGION! Strong! Absolutely no, there is no Contagion! Stable! Soft, SAFE! STRONG, STABLE! NO CONTAGIOOOOOON

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

No, no, you see. Gridlock is good. It's GOOD that the government is totally paralyzed and incapable of doing anything.

the purpose of a system is what it does 😎

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

cue in strong and stable video

also this suisse documentary is ok but lol every major bank is doing this and probably a bunch of smaller ones

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

One minute until PPI.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

I’m massaging the numbers as hard as I can!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

One minute until PPI.

gonna need to take some PPIs at this rate

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Huge hulking PPI. Market is safe. Crisis is over. No contagion. Strong, stable, soft, safe.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it’s time to admit Joe Biden is an extraordinarily talented banker

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

One minute until PPI.

Put Penis Inside

Inside of what?

That’s the answer we’re all waiting for

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i like how their estimates are almost always off or wrong also lol from -5 to -24

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Huge hulking PPI. Market is safe. Crisis is over. No contagion. Strong, stable, soft, safe.

Them in 3 months: "Actually we need to adjust these figures, they were actually dogshit bad. Oops,"

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Green by close

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Don't you guys remember that we went over the "chatgpt predicts market crash" thing at the time it came out and it was obviously fake? I feel like it gained legs just because everyone shouted it really loud into existence. That being said we talked it over here like 2 or 3 weeks ago which in hellscape time is approximately 8 years. So whatever.

that being said if it happens I'm not complaining.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

VIX up 16% today seems healthy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

Those are numbers the market wanted

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Them in 3 months: "Actually we need to adjust these figures, they were actually dogshit bad. Oops,"

these seem to be dogshit figures even with their massaging

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

these seem to be dogshit figures even with their massaging

now just imagine the real numbers!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Red Baron posted:

now just imagine the real numbers!

strong and stable numbers

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Those retail sales and ppi are ammunition to rationalize a pause or 25bps

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

What even is a crash?

A slightly more visible and aggressive form of the normal economic process

Wealthy are insulated from the consequences of their own actions through bailouts while more and more people are spun into dispossession

The political class knows that poor people are both shut out of the political process and too cowed to pose any threat to the system of perversity to which we have all become accustomed

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1635984558708367362?s=20

on to the next set of indicators to post about

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cool, Credit Suisse still finding ways to go down.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would have though something called producer price index would refer to the prices workers pay for things but it looks like that is not the case.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

webcams for christ posted:

FT produced a whole-rear end 26-minute documentary on it. They have been tripping on their dick for at least 15 years.

IMO the biggest factor is that they are officially "Too Big To Fail" and they know it, so they've been correctly behaving as if they won't ever face any serious consequences

Huh, weird that removing the functional effect of risk leads to institutions making even bigger gambles. A hazard of the moral kind, if you will.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

euphronius posted:

I would have though something called producer price index would refer to the prices workers pay for things but it looks like that is not the case.

no no no, there are no “workers”

there are “producers” (capital, only money can make money) and “consumers” (everyone else)

“workers” is an archaic term that we prefer not to use. you see, we’re all a big family here…

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

euphronius posted:

Ha ha ha. Economics is clever like that. A true science of making things up.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

euphronius posted:

My buying power... I-I can feel it growing stronger
soon I will be unstoppable

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Red Baron posted:

no no no, there are no “workers”

there are “producers” (capital, only money can make money) and “consumers” (everyone else)

“workers” is an archaic term that we prefer not to use. you see, we’re all a big family here…

Wokers

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It rules that your job & your potential retirement can be destroyed because some guys in New York or San Francisco just start to panic because something increased not as much as they'd hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1635987226537648131?s=20

lol