Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Subvisual Haze posted:

Maybe we shouldn't have a private banking system if it is constantly on government life support and needing immediate bailouts lest the entire economy immolate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgiC8YfytDw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what if we instead have the banks owned by the workers a sort of syndicalist cooperative bank we can rename it to something else

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

webcams for christ posted:

:hmmyes:

and just lol at today's trading volume:

Switzerland is not a member of the EU my dude

look at that volume holy cow

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

So, the best time to just max out all of my credit cards is like probably by before the end of the month eh?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

euphronius posted:

the only thing keeping inflation under 6 or 7%

why are prices still going up if energy is cratering ??

*laughs in landlord*

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Burn Zone posted:

Switzerland isn't part of the EU

This dumb American just assumed a country solidly in Western Europe surrounded by EU members was part of it. Shows what I know. I guess they take their neutrality (or hiding certain things from the ‘40s) pretty serious.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Orvin posted:

The Swiss didn’t ditch their currency when the Euro became a thing? drat, I learned something today.

How many other EU countries kept their currency around? Other than the British (I know they are not in EU).

if they swapped currency they'd lose the Nazi Gold value modifier

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

tristeham posted:

holy poo poo

lmao

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

this is what it means to be a G-SIB

31.9 trillion swiss hot dogs, but are they beef or pork?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

its time we bricked up all the tunnels going into switzerland wile e. coyote style to contain the banker menace

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

this comma placement made me even more confused at the concept of "31.9 trillion", well done

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

31.9 trillion swiss hot dogs, but are they beef or pork?

we just had Geflügelwurst for dinner tonight. less saturated fat and more protein :getin:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

*laughs in landlord*

Landlord entitlement be like:

Monday is going to be so awesome when she has to explain this in front of a judge. :allears:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/CGTNEurope/status/1636040325553692675

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Orvin posted:

This dumb American just assumed a country solidly in Western Europe surrounded by EU members was part of it. Shows what I know. I guess they take their neutrality (or hiding certain things from the ‘40s) pretty serious.

To be fair to you Europe doesn't matter nor does anything related to it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

wow really

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Orvin posted:

The Swiss didn’t ditch their currency when the Euro became a thing? drat, I learned something today.

How many other EU countries kept their currency around? Other than the British (I know they are not in EU).

Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Czechia, Hungary, Romania. Maybe Bulgaria too. All except the Danes have a legal requirement to join the Eurozone eventually. Well, and the Swiss, because they aren't even in the EU because the Swiss are obsessed with their neutrality.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

its time we bricked up all the tunnels going into switzerland wile e. coyote style to contain the banker menace

The opening ceremony of the Gotthard Base Tunnel is pretty memorable, if you've never seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-TKQaqml6k

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

tristeham posted:

holy poo poo

lmao

Slow News Day posted:

Perfect, thanks. So that means neither Biden or Reade has any credibility issues in this specific context, of raping or being raped (since their past lying has occurred in other, irrelevant contexts).

So then the question that still needs answering is: why should we err on the side of believing Reade?

Just about the only reason I can think of is "believe all women", and it is worth noting that "believe all women" does not mean that anyone accused of raping someone immediately goes to jail for 20 years or whatever. It simply means accusers should be taken seriously and their accusations investigated, rather than dismissed immediately. And the media has done quite extensive investigating over the past three months. The problem is that what they found (or rather, have not found) has made the NoJoe crowd extremely angry, and now anyone who dares to doubt Reade is labeled a rape apologist, because you see, Biden is absolutely a rapist, and the real problem is that our standards of evidence for proving guilt are simply too high, and we should just lower them when it comes to rape on the basis that coming forward as a rape victim is really hard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Orvin posted:

hungary, poland, czechia, romania, sweden, bulgaria and denmark kept their currencies. they're all supposed to switch someday but nothing is final.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

oh i hey i was right their a genocide denier and rape apologist

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

make that posters a D&D mod immediately

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Rectal Death Adept posted:

make that posters a D&D mod immediately

a fate worse than death

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Amazing. :allears:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The opening ceremony of the Gotthard Base Tunnel is pretty memorable, if you've never seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-TKQaqml6k

this is pretty cool and I'm imagining a contrasting tunnel opening in the US where a marching band playing the nfl theme song marches through followed by the dallas cowboys and a big firetruck

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

mega lol at that rap sheet

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if you want another lol one look at the one for the shrike88 psycho

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

1Y CDS on Credit Suisse just hit 3300+ lmao. Holy cats

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I think CS is gonna need to be carved up into smaller units to be saved/absorbed

rough day today

https://twitter.com/lines_down/status/1636045391782199301

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

credit sus

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:siren: 🩸 :siren:

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1636048723586301958

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

tristeham posted:

holy poo poo

Oh man, that takes me back. Thanks for digging up terrible edgy opinions from my early 20s. The irony is that it was SA that made me realize those opinions were lovely and wrong!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The Fed:

Need a bailout stranger? Ehehehehe

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Slow News Day posted:

Oh man, that takes me back. Thanks for digging up terrible edgy opinions from my early 20s. The irony is that it was SA that made me realize those opinions were lovely and wrong!

yeah i bet

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Slow News Day posted:

that was 3 years ago lol.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

here's video of the comment that set things in motion today

https://twitter.com/business/status/1635971869525393412

link to pdf on filing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fanfic insert posted:

if they swapped currency they'd lose the Nazi Gold value modifier

speaking of, the bank for international settlements still exists and is in switzerland

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
more like credit suisse cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Speaking of Nazi gold:

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1636050053583323154