Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I can't even with this team, one race in.

At this rate he'll be eating a grid penalty for every race left in the season

inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
lmao classic scud

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There’s no reason they can’t win every race left this season

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

welp i cheered for scuderia
and now I've gotta lol
season's had a single race
but, sharl's lost 'em all

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

that's ten places, right?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Why are there limits on ECUs? What performance increase would you get from swapping in new ones all the time?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I have no idea why they photographed him in that position. It's going to be an eternal meme for Leclerc.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

niethan posted:

that's ten places, right?

Ten awesome overtakes before a conflagration

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kirios posted:

I have no idea why they photographed him in that position. It's going to be an eternal meme for Leclerc.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
An ECU powered by pure passione

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Central Passione Unit

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Giuro su fottuto dio questa squadra

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

MISSION BINNOW

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's fine I'm sure the new ECU was the last piece of the puzzle and the car will be winning every remaining race of the season

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I increasingly dislike parts limit penalties from the perspective of “all the teams will eventually take an extra engine or two” - the limits should adjust up if it’s getting to that point.

That said, uh, usually I don’t have to belabor this point by race 2. Thanks scud

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Does that mean the second ECU broke just by sitting idle in the car at the factory?

e: ah no, apparently it's the one from last race that was beyond repair

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
The article makes it sound like it was a design flaw, which is pretty on point for Italian electronics.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Didn't Alpine get rinsed last year for taking a PU grid penalty 'only' five races into the season?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

Why are there limits on ECUs? What performance increase would you get from swapping in new ones all the time?

So rich teams don't bring a new one to each race to avoid having to make them reliable.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Limits on components seems pointless if there's a cost cap - if a team decides to push a square sided box around the track with an engine that blows up after every weekend then they should be able to do that if they can do it within the cost cap.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Thanks Ants posted:

Limits on components seems pointless if there's a cost cap - if a team decides to push a square sided box around the track with an engine that blows up after every weekend then they should be able to do that if they can do it within the cost cap.

Aero: $1,000,000
Suspension: $1,000,000
Catering: $2,000,000
ECU: $130,000,000
Wages: $1,000,000

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this, my championship is dying

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Aphex- posted:

Aero: $1,000,000
Suspension: $1,000,000
Catering: $2,000,000
ECU: $130,000,000
Wages: $1,000,000

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this, my championship is dying

Pretend catering is the problem.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diet Crack posted:

MISSION BINNOW

oh they're gonna bin it later too don't you worry

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i was watching a race with my friend and he asked me what mission winnow was. and i said i had no idea but it sounded like a fake company. then i pulled their website up

:wtc:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

So rich teams don't bring a new one to each race to avoid having to make them reliable.

How are they so unreliable?? Heat?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Sunk Dunk posted:

i was watching a race with my friend and he asked me what mission winnow was. and i said i had no idea but it sounded like a fake company. then i pulled their website up

You should see their twitter. They post like the highest person ever and get maybe 2 replies.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

The Big Jesus posted:

You should see their twitter. They post like the highest person ever and get maybe 2 replies.

it sounds like they trained a version of chat GPT with linkedin posts

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

The Big Jesus posted:

Do they still reply to anyone who mentions them as a bullshit tobacco marketing scheme with a passive aggressive 'well actually...'?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mission winnow's bio reads like an explanation of why it's actually cool you didn't take a shower for a month

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

It’s Marlboro (Philip Morris) but they can’t advertise tobacco.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Ferrari struggles
Engine failures and grid drops
Red Bull flies ahead

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MustardFacial posted:

The article makes it sound like it was a design flaw, which is pretty on point for Italian electronics.

Doesn't the whole electronic and electric part (ECU, Battery etc.) come from McLaren? Or did this change with the current regs? I seem to remember that at least at one point the electronics and battery package was supplied by McLaren Technology or however that part of the company group is called. Or was that only the display unit for the steering wheels?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sunk Dunk posted:

https://youtu.be/t5j8hwMSJGE

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lol

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

tuo posted:

Doesn't the whole electronic and electric part (ECU, Battery etc.) come from McLaren? Or did this change with the current regs? I seem to remember that at least at one point the electronics and battery package was supplied by McLaren Technology or however that part of the company group is called. Or was that only the display unit for the steering wheels?

AFAIK the ECU and steering wheel screen are mandated parts from McLaren. I don't think that's the part Ferrari is trying to change, because if it was then everyone on the grid would have to change it. I think Ferrari have another control unit that they can't get to work (probably because they are cheating)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want Monster Energy to drop Mercedes and sponsor Aston Martin instead so we can have the Green Monster versus the Red Bull.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Just don't get Mr Brain's to co-sponsor Alpine with BWT

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I want Monster Energy to drop Mercedes and sponsor Aston Martin instead so we can have the Green Monster versus the Red Bull.

I want rockstar to sponsor somebody so they could just bring back the JPS livery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018