Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Section Z posted:

I really hope they don't skew more towards Village style "Your free magnum does not even start fully loaded. If you don't like it, Grind for the NG+ super giga magnum" in the remake. I was eying RE5 for a replay and saw that the Deagle in that game has less damage and less ammo capacity because... uh... Well it reloads faster! Wow! RE4 Killer 7 at least is a fun time because it peaks faster for less cash if you want to bully U3 harder, if you were not going to invest in the long haul for Butterfly exclusive.

I'm pretty sure they'll keep the Village "Upgrade all weapons and unlock infinite ammo individually via challenges" but it'd be nice if they did it like RE7 did and just have an infinite ammo item that gives you all weapons. Though running through Madhouse for that was a biiiiiitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The floating cargo containers area with U3 is a pretty cool set piece. Hope they keep that in some form

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I recently completed OG RE4 and the bolt action rifle was my favourite weapon. Upgraded it does the most damage of any weapon except the magnums.

Same. I love sniping motherfuckers. Except there were only certain areas where it was useful.

Also agree that RE4 really didn't have any "bad" weapons and everything was useful to one degree or another.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 15, 2023

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://youtu.be/RAdiaENHWh0

I hope these are all in the remake.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kosmo Gallion posted:

https://youtu.be/RAdiaENHWh0

I hope these are all in the remake.

Not all of them are in but the ones that aren't tend to get direct references in trophy/challenge names.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Professor Wayne posted:

The floating cargo containers area with U3 is a pretty cool set piece. Hope they keep that in some form

Yeah I actually like the idea and the tension it could build but I was never a fan of the execution

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The U3 boss fight was actually pretty easy. In fact, most Bosses seemed a lot easier, while some of the normal "levels" were difficult.

I beat Mendez by accidental getting him to glitch, his model couldn't walk around a steel beam in the warehouse. Apparently his AI is "tethered" to Leon and he walks in a straight line only.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think genuinely the thing is that it isn't the place for that kind of boss. If it had been earlier in the game it probably would have done well but at the point it shows up at it's just sort of "oh this rear end in a top hat."

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDolribbqE

i remember the boss, if for no other reason than this is my favorite Leon/Saddler banter. Saddler's legitimate laugh like "you got me!" is the best.

This and the part where Saddler says, "Writhe in torment, my friend" in this sort of kindly, wistful way get me every time

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sirotan posted:

Just finished RE4 less than a week ago and went "who?" when reading this. A completely forgettable boss.

I looked the boss up, pulled up a YouTube video of that part and it still isn't registering to me. :psyduck:

Could that fight be skipped or something? Or my brain decided I could remember n -1 Resident Evil bosses and that one didn't make the cut.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

I looked the boss up, pulled up a YouTube video of that part and it still isn't registering to me. :psyduck:

Could that fight be skipped or something? Or my brain decided I could remember n -1 Resident Evil bosses and that one didn't make the cut.

its a really lackluster boss where the only thing that ever stood otu was the maze you first encounter it in

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Its mandatory and has some mild build up to it, its not even an out of nowhere thing and has a weird prefight maze challenge.

My problem is I always think its somewhere in the castle but thats Verdugo.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The fight is sandwiched between all the Krauser stuff. Like, literally five minutes after the fight, you have the Krauser boss fight. In comparison, It's not very memorable.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's very high on the list of things I always forget are in the game until I run into them, it definitely feels like it was an idea that they put some time into and then just stuck into the game somewhere rather than ditching it and losing the work.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
If U3 is cut to a crowd of people saying "Wow, I didn't even remember U3 existed!" Maybe I will get lucky and they will trim that one beartraps room in the mines segment, instead of considering "This time, TWO chainsaw guys in a room with a ladder! I think there was a yellow herb here, maybe? Was I able to just leave early?" a vital contribution to the game's pacing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Section Z posted:

If U3 is cut to a crowd of people saying "Wow, I didn't even remember U3 existed!" Maybe I will get lucky and they will trim that one beartraps room in the mines segment, instead of considering "This time, TWO chainsaw guys in a room with a ladder! I think there was a yellow herb here, maybe? Was I able to just leave early?" a vital contribution to the game's pacing.

If you are talking the maze of waist high walls filled with bear traps and a fully mined out adobe house inside a cave you and I are gonna have some fighting words, I love that room.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Barudak posted:

If you are talking the maze of waist high walls filled with bear traps and a fully mined out adobe house inside a cave you and I are gonna have some fighting words, I love that room.
I think it might be that room, yeah. I had a big sense of "Why do I keep forgetting this room exists? It has chainsaw guys!" in my last replay. At least you could push enemies off a ladder over and over, that was basically the last time in the game you could do that right? Maybe they will let us push a ladder in front of Mike's minigun on the island this time.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I wonder if they'll end up putting U3 in Separate Ways, considering Salazar's left hand is apparently also unaccounted for.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Spermando posted:

I wonder if they'll end up putting U3 in Separate Ways, considering Salazar's left hand is apparently also unaccounted for.

He's originally part of the Salazar boss fight, being absorbed and transforming into the big head on a tentacle with a massive eye, protecting the now-immobile Salazar himself. I don't see why that would be changed.

Section Z posted:

This room is meh, I wouldn't miss if it it was cut. Climb through a window then make some mooks look stupid for 5 minutes by pushing a ladder over constantly. Baghead gets magnum'd with no effort.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

He's originally part of the Salazar boss fight, being absorbed and transforming into the big head on a tentacle with a massive eye, protecting the now-immobile Salazar himself. I don't see why that would be changed.
Well, it was, from what I've been reading.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
just played the RE4 demo

1) why the gently caress is the dog already dead in the beartrap when you find him? that's not acceptable. That dog better be alive or else there better be another dog in the actual game

2) It's sad that the ganado in the house doesn't tell you to gently caress off in a silly way like he did in the original. I remember calling up my friend who knew spanish and asking him to translate that line when I was a kid.

I shot a ganado and he said "that hurt you stupid rear end in a top hat" which was funny. They still say "detrás de ti imbecil" which is a line I loved from the original for whatever reason

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Casey Finnigan posted:

I shot a ganado and he said "that hurt you stupid rear end in a top hat" which was funny. They still say "detrás de ti imbecil" which is a line I loved from the original for whatever reason

If you are a weird person who has a special affinity for sound and dialog, it makes perfect sense why the line stands out because they basically sing it like a little jingle

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I don't even think it's the same dog. That's one of the wolves

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I don't even think it's the same dog. That's one of the wolves

Yeah there's no way they're just going to kill off the dog

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Hewie is a white dog, that's a grey wolf.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The dog is a racist and was removed

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

This is Haunting Ground erasure.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The dog will replace Luis.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

SettingSun posted:

This is Haunting Ground erasure.

I doubt Capcom remembers Haunting Ground except for that one Dev who has a life-sized Fiona Statue.

That game was really horny

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i remember haunting ground

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

The dog will replace Luis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFoMvLmfFEY

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

With how well Re7,8,REmake2&3 look and run on my rinky-dink 1050ti, I'm very disappointed to find that it can barely run RE4, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Even on all-low settings, with interlacing, and a resolution of 1280x720, it struggles to hit 30fps while looking like a blurry, pixelated mess and feeling just awful all around. Guess I'm sticking with the original :( :) :(

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Proletarian Mango posted:

With how well Re7,8,REmake2&3 look and run on my rinky-dink 1050ti, I'm very disappointed to find that it can barely run RE4, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Even on all-low settings, with interlacing, and a resolution of 1280x720, it struggles to hit 30fps while looking like a blurry, pixelated mess and feeling just awful all around. Guess I'm sticking with the original :( :) :(

I’m still hoping they let you change to DX11 like Re2make but i’ve been told that’s not the case.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Does the demo controls feel a bit sluggish to anyone else? OG RE4 Leon was really snappy with the controls, immediately able to run from a total stop and vice versa. Kind of feels like I'm running around in mud. Played it on PC with a DS4.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Big Bizness posted:

Does the demo controls feel a bit sluggish to anyone else?
They do on PS5, but someone playing the full game says they feel snappier than in the demo.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/OTgEGTc.mp4

guys this game is going to be great

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Professor Wayne posted:

https://i.imgur.com/OTgEGTc.mp4

guys this game is going to be great

:hellyeah::respek::black101:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
confirmed cuts, dont look at this unless you're just curious:

- Trailer sequences of Ashley running through the Village alone at night. (either dlc or just not shown by streamers)
- The U-3 Bossfight and area.
- No running from boulder sequences
- The Cable Cars are now merely scenery and not accessible
- Incendiary Grenades
- Island Laser Room
- Island Throne Room
- Verdugo #2 does not combine with Salazar and but is alive and absent for the rest of the game (probably in SW)
- Separate Ways Campaign (very likely dlc later down the road)
- Assignment Ada Mode (this is merged with SW)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Surprisingly few substantial cuts, will miss a few of those but I’m sure some of the updates will make up for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

confirmed cuts, dont look at this unless you're just curious:

- Island Laser Room
- Island Throne Room

game ruined gently caress you crapcom