Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

This needs acknowledgment! :xd:

Also bring back Qualifying engines that explode after 12 laps please! And a T Car, and unlimited testing, apart from the previous seasons champions.

And Grid Girls for the few who miss them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

tuo posted:

Doesn't the whole electronic and electric part (ECU, Battery etc.) come from McLaren? Or did this change with the current regs? I seem to remember that at least at one point the electronics and battery package was supplied by McLaren Technology or however that part of the company group is called. Or was that only the display unit for the steering wheels?

You may be confusing it with Formula e where Williams and McLaren have both supplied stock parts.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The stuff they make is here https://www.mclarenapplied.com/industries/motorsport

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Looks like Williams currently have the F E gig which explains why that now sucks less.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Dudley posted:

You may be confusing it with Formula e where Williams and McLaren have both supplied stock parts.

Some F1 parts are also stock parts made by McLaren, the steering wheel display unit and electronics, for example, as well as some parts of the electric drive train components at least used to be stock parts made by McLaren.

e: https://www.pmw-magazine.com/news/race-series-news/fia-extends-contract-for-mclaren-applied-to-supply-f1-standard-ecu.html

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Custard Undies posted:

Also bring back Qualifying engines that explode after 12 laps please!

Mercedes tried that in the back half of 2021, and it kinda worked out for them.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Mercedes tried that in the back half of 2021, and it kinda worked out for them.

It's basically what Red Bull did with Max last year.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It makes sense that Charles' Passione Regulator would malfunction after such passione from testing and round 1

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diet Crack posted:

It makes sense that Charles' Passione Regulator would malfunction after such passione from testing and round 1

too much passione in the fuel flow imo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Time for awkward Thursday driver interviews.

I will not be watching them.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Arc Hammer posted:

Time for awkward Thursday driver interviews.

I will not be watching them.

Same, but the race

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
In good news the Ferrari Hypercar is pretty good. The downside is that the Toyota, who everyone didn’t seem to take seriously for some reason, is psychotically fast.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frond posted:

In good news the Ferrari Hypercar is pretty good. The downside is that the Toyota, who everyone didn’t seem to take seriously for some reason, is psychotically fast.

is that the one that red flagged FP3 because (per the driver) the traction control shut off in the corner and the rear immediately broke loose at full power or was that a different Ferrari I saw in the WEC

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

FAUXTON posted:

is that the one that red flagged FP3 because (per the driver) the traction control shut off in the corner and the rear immediately broke loose at full power or was that a different Ferrari I saw in the WEC

And?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Our current tech simply is not ready yet for that much passione control. It can happen. We'll get there.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

now that I think of it that is pretty good compared to their F1 car

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

hearing reports of passione from sebring

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Send Fred there to scoop some up

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

spaceblancmange posted:

hearing reports of passione from sebring

They've got a fast car

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
:italy:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Hot Karl Marx posted:

They've got a fast car

It turns out if your competition is a company that spent £5bn on F1 to get no wins, some French people who forgot to put the wing on the car, someone who doesn't realise he's not a literal cowboy, a dentist and the company that built the car your great granddad drove it's slightly easier to get the odd pole.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

RACE WEEK

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is that Motorsport dot com

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

mods rename me 'gangster-adjacent character'

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Is that Motorsport dot com

you will never guess what the article is about

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Megan Thee Stallion, you’re a gangster-adjacent character have you got any rap for us today?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

spaceblancmange posted:

Something with the vaguest of connections to VIP access but the shitheel just couldn't help himself.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

It was this

https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1636640688124096512

The last line is about how the track was closed thursday evening to film a will.i.am video

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

spaceblancmange posted:

I cheated.

It’s FOM banning people from riding bikes on track during the track walk

E: beaten

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I hear people cry about the bike ban but with lance stroll around it seems the only safe option

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
There’s a real fear a bmx would lap faster than a mclaren.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

It turns out if your competition is a company that spent £5bn on F1 to get no wins, some French people who forgot to put the wing on the car, someone who doesn't realise he's not a literal cowboy, a dentist and the company that built the car your great granddad drove it's slightly easier to get the odd pole.

Toyota are now Good at Le Mans, and the Cadillac is quick and has already completed the first leg of the 36 Hours of Florida, but yeah, the odd pole and fast-track to being competitive seems pretty accurate. Should be a fun weekend at Sebring.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

How the gently caress could F1 have a problem with people cycling around the track

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

spaceblancmange posted:

It was this

https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1636640688124096512

The last line is about how the track was closed thursday evening to film a will.i.am video

Not going to read it but why?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Not going to read it but why?

apparently electric bikes and scooters were making things too hectic so they banned them all

I actually get that, the support/parking area at Road America on race days (when I used to go somewhat regularly) was getting ridiculously dangerous for anybody walking because every loving dolt was riding a mini-bike, e-bike, or e-scooter at top end with no loving clue how to handle them, and the electric ones are essentially silent.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Although the bit about "no exceptions" is going to run them straight into disability legislation should F1 ever visit a 1st world country.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They're just jealous of Seb's moped action in Australia last year.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dudley posted:

Although the bit about "no exceptions" is going to run them straight into disability legislation should F1 ever visit a 1st world country.

so the ban will be in effect at COTA and Vegas then

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Baku and Silverstone are like 6km, thats like an hour/hour and a half walk surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dudley posted:

Also good luck upholding that at/around Zandvoort's track.