Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The last dino crisis was 20 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yea, Dino Crisis 3: Dinos in space came out in 2003

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What if instead of waves, it was just 'as many enemies we could fit on the screen and then some'.

And instead of dinosaurs it was Giant Insects(tm).

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah I think I found out why they didn't name this new game dino crisis 4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The amount of dinos on screen certainly seems to be channeling EDF

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

What if instead of waves, it was just 'as many enemies we could fit on the screen and then some'.

And instead of dinosaurs it was Giant Insects(tm).

EDF6 when

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They've made like five really solid single player Resi games in the last few years. Why can't they make one measly dino game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Every single Games as a Service title from the last 1 - 2 years has been shutting down permanently with no way to play them anymore. Game devs can't keep these games running unless they are Destiny 2, or Fortnite levels of success. Do not buy any GaaS titles lol.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Or buy them and play them for 1-2 years

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

The game's entire identity as an IP is "Why isn't this just Dino Crisis"

I do love that the entire premise is straight up:
*RIPS BONG* "UHHHHH WHAT IF A GIANT PORTAL OPENS UP AND 10,000 VELOCIRAPTORS POURED OUT OF IT?"
"HELL YEAH BROTHER"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I said come in! posted:

Every single Games as a Service title from the last 1 - 2 years has been shutting down permanently with no way to play them anymore. Game devs can't keep these games running unless they are Destiny 2, or Fortnite levels of success. Do not buy any GaaS titles lol.

Good. Most of them are really bad games

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

when are we getting a revival of cadillacs & dinosaurs. the people demand it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vermain posted:

gently caress yes, I wish this was on GoG.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
'they're identical to humans, they look just like us' - EDF 5 is still one of the funniest lines from any game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Picked up the recent Avengers game for like $5 and had a blast with the single player.

Buying GaaS games for super cheap and playing them in their death knells is the way to go.
Looking forward to Gotham Knights eventually!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vermain posted:

Por que no los tres?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvpYbq7m7SE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy7fO2i9y94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr2iQ96em2w

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

'they're identical to humans, they look just like us' - EDF 5 is still one of the funniest lines from any game.

"Could this be the work of terrorists?", the one scientist turning into a crazed cultist (and being right about it) and the laser satellite operator declaring herself the god of death is also pretty high up there.

What a good game EDF5 is

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

dinomania hasn't been the same ever since we figured out that they actually looked like outrageously garish parrots and not sick nasty dragons back in the day

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vermain posted:

dinomania hasn't been the same ever since we figured out that they actually looked like outrageously garish parrots and not sick nasty dragons back in the day

Apparently the new Adam Driver led Dino movie, 65, absolutely bombed

Which was sad cause dinosaurs + future guns seemed like a cool premise

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

"Could this be the work of terrorists?", the one scientist turning into a crazed cultist (and being right about it) and the laser satellite operator declaring herself the god of death is also pretty high up there.

What a good game EDF5 is

5's satellite operator is great. I also liked 4's implication that you weren't supposed to even be using those weapons.

Someone's hacking into Spritefall?!?!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Apparently the new Adam Driver led Dino movie, 65, absolutely bombed

Which was sad cause dinosaurs + future guns seemed like a cool premise

i agree with the WHM lads that they really had to give that thing a better title and not depend on people coming to see adam driver alone, because my immediate thought on seeing "adam driver stars in '65'" is, "oh, he's in some sort of emotional period piece," and not, "oh, he's shooting a t-rex with a plasma rifle"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

5's satellite operator is great. I also liked 4's implication that you weren't supposed to even be using those weapons.

Someone's hacking into Spritefall?!?!

IIRC 4 also implied that Spritefall was self-aware lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Only Roland Emmerich can make movies whose title is a single number

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
EDF 5s Sargeant character should win some kind of award for disastrously-failing to lead the player to safety multiple times in the first half of the game

"this vacant forest will keep us safe for sure!" *a dozen giant frogs with guns fall from the sky*

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vermain posted:

i agree with the WHM lads that they really had to give that thing a better title and not depend on people coming to see adam driver alone, because my immediate thought on seeing "adam driver stars in '65'" is, "oh, he's in some sort of emotional period piece," and not, "oh, he's shooting a t-rex with a plasma rifle"

I thought 65 was like a sports jersey number

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's been out in Japan since August, we're just waiting for it to be brought over already

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Waffleman_ posted:

God, you know what, I can't wait to pay 60 bucks for a game with a battle pass.

What about a 70 USD game with a 10 USD battle pass tacked on top??? Diablo 4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Propaganda Hour posted:

What about a 70 USD game with a 10 USD battle pass tacked on top??? Diablo 4

God, and that money would be going to rapists too, I love it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i forgot diablo 4 had a battle pass. christ

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kerrzhe posted:

i forgot diablo 4 had a battle pass. christ

Christ will not save you from the battle pass.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
drat, I spent $342,000,000 on the Diablo mobile game. How am I supposed to afford Diablo 4 now??

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

What they call battle passes I call indulgences

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I said come in! posted:

There's a bunch of closets and dumpsters you can hide in Metal Gear Solid style, and a boss fight with a hiding mechanic. But none of it ends up doing anything. It feels like a stealth mechanic was meant to be heavily used at one point in development and then it was abandoned.

To me it read more like they were covering for the brief times when you lose your powers as a form of changing up gameplay, as well as for that boss fight in particular. . It's just an option there to be made use of if you want, but really unless you play the ultra hard difficulty you never need to take advantage of it too much.

Tbh that's a fair knock, I personally liked it as a change of pace occasionally myself. The rest of the game certainly made up for it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

You fool, Minions are the knockoff Rabbids

You activated my trap card! Despite being first their weak and unpopular designs have relegated them to knock off status of their own original garbage.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Saint Freak posted:

RBA Starblade posted:

What a good game EDF5 is

EDF5 is real good. People give me a look whenever I quote the "identical to humans line" lol.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Christ will not save you from the battle pass.

NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOU FROM THE BATTLE PASS

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Feldegast42 posted:

What they call battle passes I call indulgences

It's presented like a bunch of cards and I'm disappointed they couldn't make a "Deck"ard Cain joke somehow.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Stay awhile.... and spend spend spend at Deckard Cain's House Of Best Value.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

well to give tiny due to the devil at least it appears to be for cosmetics only, but still waiting on that other shoe to drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Feldegast42 posted:

well to give tiny due to the devil at least it appears to be for cosmetics only, but still waiting on that other shoe to drop

Like you said....without the battle pass, only one shoe per character