Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CherryCola posted:

Just calculated that I’ve had somewhere around 330 periods in my life. Yet as I go another month without getting knocked up, my uterus continues to make me sad and make my body hurt. Like can we just cool it, man?

Hey, man, it’s called MENstruation, not WOMENstruation. :thunkher:

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

2 more days of progesterone. i am so looking forward to having my normal body chemistry back

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I wish there was a way I could tear out all this uterus and tube and ovary and egg poo poo and give them all in working order to an infertile woman or a MTF woman who wants to have kids. Like here, you can have it all.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wish there was a way I could tear out all this uterus and tube and ovary and egg poo poo and give them all in working order to an infertile woman or a MTF woman who wants to have kids. Like here, you can have it all.

I asked my surgeon this when I got my uterus out, and she said that science hasn’t gotten there yet. I would have happily given it to someone who wanted it!

Speaking of, hey ovaries. I know I evicted your roommate (wombmate?) the uterus but goddamn why you gotta start being extra twinge-y when you do your thing? Could you just ovulate quietly? I don’t need these phantom cramps kthx.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

First day of it today, and I can barely stand, my back aches so much. Doctor phoned the other day after a blood test and said my iron level was at a 5 instead of like, 11? so they've put me on iron tablets, hopefully that helps...

I can't even resort to sweets anymore, because they've discovered I'm diabetic. :(

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
It’s day one. I have to go support one of my best friends in a performance that I already have tickets to.

I am bloated and sweating and I can literally feel my uteral (that’s a word now gently caress you) area like clenching and poo poo. We can do this. We can do this.

Please kill me.

But hey at least I got to hook up with my boyfriend literally like within four hours of my period starting. Perfect timing. Now I suffer.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Yaaaayyyy I got my period the day before my uncle's wedding :smithicide:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yaaaayyyy I got my period the day before my uncle's wedding :smithicide:

I got mine at my dad's funeral. Now that was a fuckin day to remember.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Clue updated and now it SUCKS to use, this stinks. The fact that it insists on an account is bad enough but now you have to hit so many buttons just to have it remember one drat thing. Of all the things to discover after cleaning up after a surprise early shark attack.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I counted and it was at least seven clicks now just to mark one thing. Sucks, and does anyone have any reccomendations for a different app?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Can't help but I also hate Clue now. It was so good before, nice and simple.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

HopperUK posted:

Can't help but I also hate Clue now. It was so good before, nice and simple.

Miss Scarlett did it in the bathroom with the... I'll get my hat.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

Miss Scarlett did it in the bathroom with the... I'll get my hat.

why you!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I ditched Clue and use My Calendar now. I only use it for period date tracking and it works fine for that imho.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

HopperUK posted:

I got mine at my dad's funeral. Now that was a fuckin day to remember.

Wow, that sounds awful.

Sirotan posted:

I ditched Clue and use My Calendar now. I only use it for period date tracking and it works fine for that imho.

It literally wasn't until this post that I realized you all were talking about Clue the app. I was like, "does PMS make people not like mysteries or something? :confused:"

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

I’ve been a big fan of the Flo app if you need a replacement.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I just use graph paper

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I use P tracker and it seems to be really easy to use. Notes for every day if you want, the link is for Android and I'm not sure if it's on Apple.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I notice that before my period, and lately on and right after, i loving destroy my fingernails. I used to bite them as a kid but stopped in recent years. now it's like I have to shred the bitches because they all are hangnails right before the floodgates open.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
p tracker deluxe really rocks and it doesn't sync anything outside your phone so no icky possibilities of some nasty local gov subpoenaing your data

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

So I just checked my post history in this thread, and it looks like my period went right back to its exact 28-day cycle after a (so far) one time only foray into irregularity - a two week delay.

My own worst period start story is when mine arrived in the middle of a transatlantic flight, and I had no idea until I got up to disembark and found I was crime-scene level covered in blood.
I hate flying anyway, so that just made an awful situation so much worse :(

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I also use P tracker and it's great when I'm having periods, and if you're trying to get knocked up it has a handy TTC mode. Its pregnancy stuff is a little lackluster, and in the weekly blurb updates it includes sections "for the dad" that can be aggravating in its assumptions, but I just tell it I'm pregnant so it can track and then don't use it again until after birth. And not like that'll be an issue anymore once this kid is out of me.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Pookah posted:

So I just checked my post history in this thread, and it looks like my period went right back to its exact 28-day cycle after a (so far) one time only foray into irregularity - a two week delay.

My own worst period start story is when mine arrived in the middle of a transatlantic flight, and I had no idea until I got up to disembark and found I was crime-scene level covered in blood.
I hate flying anyway, so that just made an awful situation so much worse :(

Oh goddamn that's definitely worse than mine. At least the crematorium had nice bathrooms.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Just hit the random period lotto of extreme bowel clearing cramps.

Cursed.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

Flamingofarts posted:

I’ve been a big fan of the Flo app if you need a replacement.
They wanted too much information for my liking. Nothing can compare to a good desk calendar with ample note-taking space to keep track of your yoni cycles.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Do hormones need to be dosed by weight? Bc I've been gaining and my progesterone takes longer and longer to work each time

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

HopperUK posted:

Oh goddamn that's definitely worse than mine. At least the crematorium had nice bathrooms.

It really was super-bad, because the taxi we got from the airport to our hotel was driven by a really nice Latvian man who was so happy to talk to people from the EU. He was so angry about the cost of health care in the US possibly stripping his family of the entire value of their house.
We had a great chat about how healthcare simply cannot bankrupt you back home, while the whole time I was agonising that I was making a mess of his taxi.
Fortunately, it was a yellow cab, with leatherette seats, but I still feel mad guilty that I might have made a mess on that nice man's seats.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

Do hormones need to be dosed by weight? Bc I've been gaining and my progesterone takes longer and longer to work each time

Almost all meds do yeah, you might not be imagining it, have a word with either your doc or your pharmacist if they're any good.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

PMS making me sleepy today.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Cowslips Warren posted:

I notice that before my period, and lately on and right after, i loving destroy my fingernails. I used to bite them as a kid but stopped in recent years. now it's like I have to shred the bitches because they all are hangnails right before the floodgates open.

My fingernails started breaking right before my period for years, like clockwork, never failed.

There was no way it was confirmation bias, I have strong nails always have, It's the only time they ever broke.

Bodies are weird as hell!!

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Even once I'm postmenopausal, I'll keep pads around. They're great for when you have cuts that bleed heavily and help contain diarrhea. With how I'm feeling today, that my period isn't here is a relief.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Today I thought about punk music and cried

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

Today I thought about punk music and cried

I heard the first two bars of 'Father and Son' today and cried for ten minutes and it's not even my period or anything.

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .

ElHuevoGrande fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 10, 2023

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
HI FRIENDS! I'm reporting back with my test results I did with a mail-in service for funsies. I don't know how well these tests compare with "official" doctor ordered and administered ones so I'm taking it with some salt but there does indeed to be something fucky going on with my hormones. High progesterone, low FSH and LH, and my cortisol and testosterone are also bordering on low. I guess I should see an endocrinologist. Fun.
I hit up Dr. Google and I wonder if I have a hosed up pituitary, which would explain the FSH and LH, also my shortness, pesky lady beard despite the low T, and the precocious puberty (I got my period at 9, which was AWESOME let me tell you). If my HGH is low too as a result of hypopituitarism that would explain a lot of my energy issues. Apparently one in six people are walking around with pituitary tumors, so it isn't so unlikely.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

If you really want some input you should throw a post in The Goon Doctor. They have people who might know instead of guessing.

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
Good tip, I'll do that.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Period next week. Deep depression and unfathomable rage this week. Midnight snack of tea and toast to cope

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I got a surgery date for my salpingectomy!!

It's super inconvenient! I need to reschedule a bunch of other poo poo now!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Killingyouguy! posted:

I got a surgery date for my salpingectomy!!

It's super inconvenient! I need to reschedule a bunch of other poo poo now!!

Hooray! And also I'm sorry!

Getting the birth control implant removed next week and I'm kinda curious how this is gonna go. I haven't been off birth control since I was a teenager (minus a brief 3-month window where I couldn't get my refill and there was some fuckiness with my insurance, but that wasn't long enough to really notice a difference), so first unregulated periods in about a decade and a half.