Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Glumwheels posted:

I’m going to sell my house and move somewhere cheaper and use the difference to not have a mortgage.

That silly. Just wait for your home to be worth ten times your mortgage and for the dollar to be worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Shoveling free money into the banks while also raising rates is the loving wrong combination lmao

They're very lucky Americans are so profoundly docile

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
"Time to pay my mortgage," I mutter as I fish pocket change out of my wheelbarrow of dollars

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they chose two of the worst options if not the worst to fix anything and now combine them into a kamehameha to destroy the poor

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nobody is going to be getting enough dollars for a wheelbarrow. Inflation will go up 10k% and wages will stay the same.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Paradoxish posted:

That silly. Just wait for your home to be worth ten times your mortgage and for the dollar to be worthless.

all the other properties will also cost ten times more, so you're just as hosed no matter when you do it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
huh I wonder what German interest rates were doing in 1922-1923

quote:

From the early days of the war until June 1922 its official discount rate remained unchanged at 5 percent. It was raised to 6 percent in July, to 7 percent in August, 8 percent in September, 10 percent in November, 12 percent in January 1923, 18 percent in April, 30 percent in August, and 90 percent in September.

oh you don’t say

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Basic Poster posted:

FYI all the gold in Ft. Knox…or really that is owned by the federal government regardless of fort sums up to about $283.6 Billion.

lol.

fella the new immutable store of wealth is called bitcoin lemme rustle you up a pamphlet

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Nobody is going to be getting enough dollars for a wheelbarrow. Inflation will go up 10k% and wages will stay the same.

This. They’ll forbid it to prevent the dreaded wage price spiral, as in wages might rise. The 20s are when the oligarchs are going to try for all the marbles.

You would think at this time American would use their copious amounts of firearms and 3 ton 0-60 in 4s vehicles to fight back. You would be wrong, they are going to kill a bunch of minorities and women and call it a day.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

huh I wonder what German interest rates were doing in 1922-1923

oh you don’t say

the german economy soon settled and extremist parties lost their punch until 1929.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Nonsense posted:

ticketmaster has an option for bands to choose to charge more for tickets based on demand in the locality, which is just an official ticket scalping feature built in for bands, The Cure did not choose this, but tweeted they tried to keep the prices as low as possible and it still got ballooned. Whatever Robert Smith's words.

so good press plus more money.

I mean I simply don’t believe that ticket master makes more than the band

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

When Smashing Pumpkins and Janes Addiction toured, lovely seats were going for $700 dollars on the sale website, so yeah they choose whatever they want to charge

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Chuds will shoot up every gay bar and school full of Hispanic kids before they realize it's the bankers and landlords that are loving them over

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hollywood country club wife names tennis pro mistress in letter to members https://pagesix.com/2023/03/16/country-club-wife-names-tennis-pro-mistress-in-letter-to-members/

rich lady mad that club dues dont prevent infidelity

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Cpt_Obvious posted:

That is true

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/CNBCMakeIt/status/1636278165680078850?s=20

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

they'll handle the funeral and everything, dump you out with all the turnip and potato skins.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
goons talking themselves into being unironic bitcoin-tier libertarians because of the fed being an "independent" central bank

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

My rent is higher than this lol

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Paradoxish posted:

"Time to pay my mortgage," I mutter as I fish pocket change out of my wheelbarrow of dollars

I regret to inform you that your mortgage is now 1.8 wheelbarrows of cash

You can try purchasing a double sized wheelbarrow but it costs 3 wheelbarrows of cash but quickly pays off as you cut your cash hauling in half

wait your mortgage is now 2.3 wheelbarrows of cash.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Raccooon posted:

My rent is higher than this lol

Meals are included too. Only water

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Waiting for restaurants to start charging you at the beginning of the meal due to popular demand because the prices will go up by the time you finish.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Meals are included too. Only water

youd think the water would be free. drat boats floating in the stuff

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
fish gently caress in it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nonsense posted:

they'll handle the funeral and everything, dump you out with all the turnip and potato skins.

Sounds awesome

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wow, only $30,000/year to be on a literal plague ship!

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Watching rioting in France.

The US isn’t even to the point of a coherent political movement to make an argument for a different path.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

Wow, only $30,000/year to be on a literal plague ship!

Still an amazing work from home flex.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Shipon posted:

goons talking themselves into being unironic bitcoin-tier libertarians because of the fed being an "independent" central bank

who run america town???

jpow

louder

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

how do i get some of this money

Just lol if you haven't registered yourself as an independent credit union/regional bank.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Raccooon posted:

The US isn’t even to the point of a coherent political movement to make an argument for a different path.

Protesting in the US comes with terrorism charges now

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Raccooon posted:

Weird! It's almost as if any populist political movement has been co-opted by the political parties. :iiam:

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

Weird! It's almost as if any populist political movement has been co-opted by the political parties. :iiam:

not smoking weed for some loving reason no one wants to touch that even though theres a lot of noise made

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Shipon posted:

fiat currency? hope you like weimer germany, comrade. you'll have to bring your money to the grocery store in a truck to buy a single loaf of bread

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Look we can't print more doctors, hospitals or drugs. But we can absolutely change an entry in an excel spreadsheet to any number we like.

If we gave the peasantry unlimited access to important life saving healthcare they would just use it all up immediately. There wouldn't be any left for the rich actually important people.

We must care for and protect our collective betters.

If the wealthy coke addled heir to a tobacco empire needs an emergency penis lengthening surgery and can't get the surgical team he needs immediately because some poor woman needs a cancer operation or some other frivolous nonsense that would just be tragic.

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 01:56 on Mar 17, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I mean, theoretically, at some point the massive and accelerating over corrections are going to take the decisions out of the hands of the regulators

Instead of suffering a recession in 2020 they printed infinite money to the point where they started to threaten the concept of the currency

To fix that they started jacking up rates which started wiping out their lovely unregulated banking industry

To fix that they started printing infinite money again

At some point, theoretically, either the banks can't be bailed out due to the size of their losses or money stops having any value at all once an average grocery trip costs $500 and houses cost $5,000,000 with $15,000 a month mortgages. You can keep your banks going but 90% of your populace will be starving and homeless as they still make $25,000 a year and are being charged $50,000 in rent for a 1 bedroom apartment.

We will pull a Turkey and just lob off a few zeros to our currency. $100 is now $1 again! EZPZ

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

FlapYoJacks posted:

We will pull a Turkey and just lob off a few zeros to our currency. $100 is now $1 again! EZPZ

MAKE 👏 CANDY 👏 COST 👏 A 👏 PENNY 👏 AGAIN

(also one weird trick to raise minimum wages without raising them)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

QE + high interest rates would definitely be something

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just do a Venezuela and have government mandated price caps for everything. Then watch all the goods instantly evaporate off the shelves as people buy below cost, the businesses all close and then everyone has nothing but worthless junk money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

QE + high interest rates would definitely be something

And darn if they aren't walking down that exact road.