Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Studio posted:

I haven't since the Feb battlepass and ngl it feels pretty great

I don't mind buying the Season Pass, but I can't really afford to be a dolphin. I bought the Mystique bundle and now this one so I'm really going to have to control myself for a while.

I don't regret it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Hobo Clown posted:

Two games in a row now I've gotten a free Arnim Zola from filling out the Raft, which let me play T6 Shang-Chi across all three lanes for the win

Just felt like posting some good luck I had to remind myself it's not always bad

How did you get Shang on the filled lane with the raft?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah Hulkbuster protecting Torch is what I was thinking, I love move decks but rarely use torch because of killmonger(although seems less frequent now).

Also sunspot would be a good 1 drop to hulkbuster if it gave the protection.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

JackDarko posted:

Sometimes I will put my fourth card on the raft as a Carnage or Deathlok and it counts.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

JackDarko posted:

I remembered wrong... first game Shang actually only hit 2 lanes but made 2 crucial game winning kills

Second game that lane had been wiped out by an opponent Killmonger on T5

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Hobo Clown posted:

I remembered wrong... first game Shang actually only hit 2 lanes but made 2 crucial game winning kills

Second game that lane had been wiped out by an opponent Killmonger on T5

Oh that’s very cool, thanks! I’ve gotten Zola on the raft before and never got creative with using him.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Total power was 13 - 11. I threw Hood out as a joke and it almost cost me the game. :)

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

canyonero posted:

People playing Leech on turn 5 when Mindscape is on the board is one my favorite things. Limbo was out too so now you get 2 turns with my Leeched cards genius.
I just had a game where Mindscape popped up against someone who spent the entire game building up their Apocalypse to 20 points, and I was just waiting for it to come over to me the entire game. I thought it might be a bot, and then they Deadpool emoted on the last turn and retreated after our hands swapped.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

There is no better feeling, nothing in the world, than an enemy's Aero winning the game for you. I would forgo drugs, alcohol, sex, any pleasure of any kind, if it meant I could experience the thrill of an enemy Aero moving my unflipped Shang-Chi into the same lane as their Devil Dinosaur in an eight cube match every single day.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I won a game one time by doing nothing but Sunspot on T1 and Zola on T6. It had Sanctum as one location so it felt pretty safe.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Bottom Liner posted:

I won a game one time by doing nothing but Sunspot on T1 and Zola on T6. It had Sanctum as one location so it felt pretty safe.

I once had a guy do the same thing to me except they played Infinaut. Sadly didn't work out for them because I was playing my Prof X deck and I already had more than 20 power on my only other location.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
We need more close-up variants like these.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
turns out if you do a turn 5 killmaster after the enemy idles a sunspot on the location that doubles power all game, knull gets the doubled power and therefore gets huge

it also turns out they will retreat so you dont get to play your big knull :(

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

quite stretched out posted:

turns out if you do a turn 5 killmaster after the enemy idles a sunspot on the location that doubles power all game, knull gets the doubled power and therefore gets huge

it also turns out they will retreat so you dont get to play your big knull :(

This is why I want a button that lets me retreat but still lets the game play out. Both to see what they were going to do, and to let people be happy about getting big combos off.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bottom Liner posted:

I once lost to someone whose only play was Dr. Doom on Bar Sinister.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I love Bar Sinister & Sinister London. I don't always win with them but they can create some chaotic, unpredictable games.

Much more fun than stuff like Sanctum Santorum or TVA.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Hobo Clown posted:

I love Bar Sinister & Sinister London. I don't always win with them but they can create some chaotic, unpredictable games.

They're the MVP's of the game.

I actually like the occasional TVA in terms of 'we're playing a different game now' - if both players got okay draws it can be pretty tense, and if not, it's an easy retreat.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, that was a fun combo of Sinister London and a Discard vs DestructioNimrod deck.

I guess the game is saying I need more Morb.

Edit: Oh, I picked up the mystery variant and got...Pixel Thing. At least it isn't another Ant-Man.

Ninurta fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 17, 2023

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Psylocke on Sinister London for two turn 3 Professor X? Don't mind if I do

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hulkbuster on Bar Sinister. Vision on Bar Sinister. Other guy leaves. What a coward!

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
Okay yeah it is totally bullshit that Aero can jam up a Lockjaw play by moving him last. Definitely needs to pull in played order

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

novamute posted:

Okay yeah it is totally bullshit that Aero can jam up a Lockjaw play by moving him last. Definitely needs to pull in played order
Lockjaw would jam it up even if she pulled him first (juggernaut does the same thing). Jugg and aero are some of the only things that actually stop lockjaw so I'm more than ok with this.

broken boy soldier
May 19, 2006
I did it! Climbed all the way from 10 to 60/65 primarily using a single deck (maybe played a dozen or so games with a Patriot deck).

Anddddddd got a pixel death card as a reward. There are worse pixel cards, but dang I called it in this thread a couple days ago!

Really fun experience learning the move archetype as well as more fundamentals about knowing when to snap and when to retreat. Might try to keep climbing and see how far this deck I stole from Molt can take me!

Shuri is a very good addition and let’s you make some big late game plays with Aero, Vision and Magneto. Very curious to see what the nerf is going to look like.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Hobo Clown posted:

Much more fun than stuff like Sanctum Santorum or TVA.

Bar Sinister caused me to think about how Captain Marvel works, because 4x Marvel on there won't do what you might naively expect!

Each Captain Marvel activates, one by one, in (presumably play?) order. As they activate, they look to see if they could move somewhere to win, and if the one active cannot then it does not move. Thus 4 in a lane will do nothing that one in that lane wouldn't have done.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"Win a location with 1 card" is tanking me, I have no good decks for it anymore

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Opopanax posted:

you can retreat while winning with 1 card and it counts

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bottom Liner posted:

Yes, although it has to be after T3 I believe

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I had to resort to using my Destroyer deck for those and hope I get good location rng

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Was tilting pretty hard today, but there's a deck I can play without frustrating myself if I lose:

Win rate isn't super high, but it's engaging. Thinking of swapping out Lockjaw for Wong just to reduce the RNG element.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Opopanax posted:

I completed 9-15 using a Lockjaw deck and retreating on 3 or 4 or sticking with the match to the end.

Sometimes that can have amusing results.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

psychopomp posted:

Was tilting pretty hard today, but there's a deck I can play without frustrating myself if I lose:

Win rate isn't super high, but it's engaging. Thinking of swapping out Lockjaw for Wong just to reduce the RNG element.

Decks like this piss me off beyond compare. Add in Wong and Mystique for the maximum rage factor.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Youremother posted:

Decks like this piss me off beyond compare. Add in Wong and Mystique for the maximum rage factor.

Oh hey, Mystique, good idea. I was considering Debrii or black widow to clog some lanes with 0 point cards to later hit with Hazmat.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

psychopomp posted:

Quite similar to my being a jerk deck:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bottom Liner posted:

That's not really going to help with my tanking.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Joink posted:

Quite similar to my being a jerk deck:

it's not a jerk deck unless it's all the ugliest pixel variants

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Thanks for the Shuri advice. I was leaning towards unpinning her, but the allure of the big beefy boyz is strong.

broken boy soldier posted:

I did it! Climbed all the way from 10 to 60/65 primarily using a single deck (maybe played a dozen or so games with a Patriot deck).

Anddddddd got a pixel death card as a reward. There are worse pixel cards, but dang I called it in this thread a couple days ago!

I just got to that mark too, and got...pixel Angel. I got the bundle yesterday, and it wasn't a pixel, it actually looks great! But it's Hawkeye.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Y'know, I'm getting absolutely poo poo on every single game on ladder but I still feel like I'm WAY ahead for the week because I've ripped 3 Dan Hipp variants (Good ones, too! Attuma, Brood, and Drax). I'll lose some more rank for some more sweet rear end variants!

(I can't wait for Thanos nerf so I can play Galactus in peace)

Burginator fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 17, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
5900/6000 for Thanos.. Hope he's worth the wait.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Ran into my all-time least favorite Snap interaction today -

Opponent uses Space Stone to move Lockjaw onto the location that destroys the first card played there, hadn’t played a card there yet.

Plays Aero onto that lane - Aero blows up, still brings a new card. Next turn, opponent plays into same Lockjaw lane, which turns into a game-winning Aero.

The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Lockjaw skips the on-play location effects because of funky timings. Aero got played, sent to the deck, new card came out, nothing got Vormir'd.