Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Practice 3 live on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-d6iCogXKg

5 minutes in, Vanwall has already ByKollesed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Toyota’s pace is crazy, Ferrari impressed as well.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Sarah Bovy owns

Thessaly
Nov 2, 2002
Caught a ride with the moon

iwentdoodie posted:

Gdi that's like a 5 mile walk

We have a golf cart so we can meet up wherever (and give folks a lift as well). Discord’s the best way to get in touch.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Gah these cars look so good!

Edit

Brass Hand posted:

Sarah Bovy owns

Empty quote.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 17, 2023

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Brass Hand posted:

Sarah Bovy owns

I kinda detest the branding around that entry but if it got me a WEC drive I'd paint myself pink too. The important part is they're rocking it even with a change of car.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Dudley posted:

I kinda detest the branding around that entry but if it got me a WEC drive I'd paint myself pink too. The important part is they're rocking it even with a change of car.

At least it’s not Barbie pink

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Brass Hand posted:

At least it’s not Barbie pink

pink is one of the best racing colors actually

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

You talk about pink racing cars and forget sports cars in this, of all threads? Shameful.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Pink pig 917 is still the best livery

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

harperdc posted:

You talk about pink racing cars and forget sports cars in this, of all threads? Shameful.

I love the Italya livery.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

harperdc posted:

forgot which thread i was in :ferrari:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or is it impossible to login to fiawec.tv

Edit never mind people are pirating it directly on youtube. Also lol at nobody postin itt here during the race because every fail poster itt is in some lame hugbox discord lo,l

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 17, 2023

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

track day bro! posted:

Edit never mind people are pirating it directly on youtube. Also lol at nobody postin itt here during the race because every fail poster itt is in some lame hugbox discord lo,l

The official app and site have been completely dead since about 10 minutes before the start of the race.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It’s working for me now, ticket closed wontfix

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Just lol at Peugeot.

"Ze car is unsafe, stay in ze car"

The most WEC radio message imaginable.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I get up and find that all the Peugeots have lost laps?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The Peugeot is giving me Nissan LMP1 vibes

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

track day bro! posted:

The Peugeot is giving me Nissan LMP1 vibes

Ant Davidon said about it something along the lines of
"It's designed to use ground effect, but it spends most of its time in the air around here"

It's no HDi FAP.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Nooooo the Dames car!!!! :negative:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9wfNtkNKD4

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

algebra testes posted:

Nooooo the Dames car!!!! :negative:

That’s brutal…lots of time left but gently caress it a podium would be a miracle right now.

Thessaly
Nov 2, 2002
Caught a ride with the moon
For fellow goons at Sebring: feel free to watch the last 30 minutes of either race with us at Camp SASCAR at Turn 17.

Edit: Offer also stands for sunset (7-8 PM) for the 12 Hours of Sebring.

Thessaly fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 18, 2023

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Thessaly posted:

For fellow goons at Sebring: feel free to watch the last 30 minutes of either race with us at Camp SASCAR at Turn 17.
I've been trying to catch all ya'all on the broadcast.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

track day bro! posted:

I would’ve been posting in here but it started at 1 am my time.

Also the FIA WEC app refreshed for this year, and is hilariously unfinished. Won’t even allow you to AirPlay which, like, should be a system default :psyduck:

[Edit] lol Ferrari

harperdc fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 17, 2023

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:eek:

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1636851757559971840

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

I would’ve been posting in here but it started at 1 am my time.

Also the FIA WEC app refreshed for this year, and is hilariously unfinished. Won’t even allow you to AirPlay which, like, should be a system default :psyduck:

[Edit] lol Ferrari

I got up at 4am lol to watch the last 6 hours and im hurting.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

thanks a ton for posting this its how I watched most of the race

also you could make out the exhaust trail from the spacex launch from the in car camera it was the skinny wobbly cloud you could see about halfway through turn 1

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I was curious to see how Toyota would stack up against all the new competition. The answer is: Pretty good! On the broadcast the mentioned this year’s car was about 2.5 seconds faster than last year’s.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

I got up at 4am lol to watch the last 6 hours and im hurting.

I have a very small human that wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30, so I could watch the last ~3 hours live. And man that new app is kinda trash, at least the racing is good.

They also highlighted the SpaceX launch on the race broadcast, was fun to see.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I was curious to see how Toyota would stack up against all the new competition. The answer is: Pretty good! On the broadcast the mentioned this year’s car was about 2.5 seconds faster than last year’s.

I wonder how much of this is toyota getting faster vs BOP changing now there are more competitive cars in the field.

Either way, really good racing today. Stoked for the 12h tomorrow.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
The comms made a great point about the Toyotas, last year their pace was about the same as the rest of the field was today at Sebring. Their dominance today was simply 2 years of extra development on their car, as well as over a decade of constant participation in WEC providing unmatched experience.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Watched the last four hours of the race, ferrari pace is good and if they avoid driver mistakes they can get good standings but i don't see them beating Toyota unless the gazoos retire. Iron lynx/dames move to porsche seems a serious downgrade in performance.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Dames were on pace to win from pole but they had a mistake at turn 1 that tore the floor up and ripped the diffuser clean off.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Now I wanna see people race copy machines

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I mean you can’t expect any team to be challenging toyota just yet. I recon in a season or two you’ll see Ferrari catching up to them though. Dunno about Porsche and I have a feeling that Peugeot will either just give up or have a more conventional car next year, although maybe Sebring was just a bit too rough for their car idk.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Dames were on pace to win from pole but they had a mistake at turn 1 that tore the floor up and ripped the diffuser clean off.

It looked cooler without the rear diffuser though

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

track day bro! posted:

I mean you can’t expect any team to be challenging toyota just yet. I recon in a season or two you’ll see Ferrari catching up to them though. Dunno about Porsche and I have a feeling that Peugeot will either just give up or have a more conventional car next year, although maybe Sebring was just a bit too rough for their car idk.

It looked cooler without the rear diffuser though

Ferrari and Porsche will improve, Peugeot should as well. Should.

Remember there’s also Alpine, Lamborghini joining new plus a BMW program for WEC. Gonna be good for a couple years here.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
“For the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, the #80 Porsche has a tyrannosaurus rex colorscheme. The inspiration came from team principal and driver PJ Hyett, in honor of his children, who have inspired him to use a helmet that sports a t-rex for his son and a unicorn for his daughter.”

Was super stoked for this livery until I read the article and now I’m bummed that we don’t get a motherfuckin’ unicorn :black101:

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
https://twitter.com/0mrg/status/1637201125937123328