Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Slavvy posted:

I can only identify one scent from one butt

Prude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
any new ufos lately

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

poisonpill posted:

you vs the guy jrooti tells you not to worry about

Primo cock and bull right there

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Celexi posted:

any new ufos lately

my mom.

hell yeah! got 'im.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

nobody wants to talk to the factory farm planet

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

not only has there been no news, but there's been no aitee-esque grand proclamations in a while either

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ahhhhh need a disclosure hit! Leak some pics of F35s shooting down Batman balloons or something

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

it seems reasonable enough to assume you can analogize time into a film strip, one frame after another spooling out at the speed things are moving in time. But 2d time probably wouldn't be a grid of timelines all in a row, and it maybe wouldn't be an arc of timelines progressing across a 2d surface either. Because those two things are the same thing i think, just rearranged.

You can try to traverse "outside" of time by scrolling back and forth remembering it or looking at the film strip or w/e.

you'd really have to sit and figure out how the gently caress cause and effect works in 2d time. Even if you're gonna be like "alright here's a fuckin emerald tablet that is inscribed with all events in all locations of time and space," having two times is wildly different than 1. Simplify it down and you can have a film strip of 60 seconds worth of the first cartoon walking down the street or w/e, the most stunning 1900s era poo poo ever perceived, and that makes enough sense, this happened and then this happened and then this happened.

But then do this with two directions of causation, traverse that.

Also the film strip feeds out differently dependent upon conditions for every observer and if you go too fast it stops. Also quantum interactions show non locality ie they do stuff outside of time.

Antimatter also looks exactly like normal matter with reversed properties including their time axis, and the math involving them requires this for any of the models we’ve come up with to work.

Time is weird.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
does that mean antimatter colliding with matter is actually creating it in another universe... whoa :2bong:

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2023/03/16/tucker-carlson-shares-bizarre-tale-of-troops-dying-from-ufo-encounters/

Lol that this is coming from Tucker but it sounds like his source would be Gary Nolan based on the description. I am sure that somebody will ask him (Nolan) about it the next time he does a podcast so I am looking forward to seeing what he says. If it was true that would certainly explain why they don't want disclosure.

quote:

During an appearance on the “Full Send” podcast, Fox News’ Tucker Carlson recalled a recent discussion with a Stanford professor, who, 11 years ago, was allegedly tasked by the Defense Department to investigate numerous cases of troops dying due to UFO-inflicted brain injuries.

The polarizing host of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” shared that his source, who claimed to have expertise in traumatic brain injury, studied the brains of more than 100 troops who died following such encounters. The professor also told Carlson that there are dozens of open court cases that support his claims.

“[In] a number of cases, these things have landed on military bases. ... Servicemen have approached them and they get traumatic brain injury, or they’re killed,” Carlson said on the podcast. “I’m like, why isn’t this on the front page of the New York Times? I don’t know.”

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

plenty of people have brought that up before, including him I think
the analogy is normally something like "if you wander onto a runway and get sucked into a jet, the jet hurt you sure but that's kinda on you too"

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

plenty of people have brought that up before, including him I think
the analogy is normally something like "if you wander onto a runway and get sucked into a jet, the jet hurt you sure but that's kinda on you too"

He's talked about studying brain injuries from alleged encounters, he's never talked about dead soldier's from encounters.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

well... ya know

don't touch the orbs

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

orbs are for pondering not for fondling

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

UAPs kill troops now? heh

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Fuckin better

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Psycho Society posted:

does that mean antimatter colliding with matter is actually creating it in another universe... whoa :2bong:

CPT-symmetric universe theory

https://physicsworld.com/a/our-universe-has-antimatter-partner-on-the-other-side-of-the-big-bang-say-physicists/

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Lmao.

Star Trek: we must not interfere with a less advanced species.

Real aliens: holy poo poo the CIA and US military are evil. Jrooti, fire up the brain scrambling ray.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Hi thread,

I had an incredibly vivid dream set in a dive bar wherein Mr. Luis Elizondo was sobbing his eyes out in the background on a bar stool over the fact that some kind of governmental agency had confiscated his beloved pet duck.

Presumably I was set to meet with him, but could not, as Leslie Kean was between myself and crying Lue, explaining in an impeccable Leslie Kean voice that "He just really loved that drat duck!"

What does this mean. Please respond.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

quote:

However, Neil Turok of the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario reckons that these models’ reliance on ad-hoc parameters means they increasingly resemble Ptolemy’s description of the solar system. One such parameter, he says, is the brief period of rapid expansion known as inflation that can account for the universe’s large-scale uniformity. “There is this frame of mind that you explain a new phenomenon by inventing a new particle or field,” he says. “I think that may turn out to be misguided.”

Instead, Turok and his Perimeter Institute colleague Latham Boyle set out to develop a model of the universe that can explain all observable phenomena based only on the known particles and fields. They asked themselves whether there is a natural way to extend the universe beyond the Big Bang – a singularity where general relativity breaks down – and then out the other side. “We found that there was,” he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUkQ9eJrjzA

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Objurium posted:

Hi thread,

I had an incredibly vivid dream set in a dive bar wherein Mr. Luis Elizondo was sobbing his eyes out in the background on a bar stool over the fact that some kind of governmental agency had confiscated his beloved pet duck.

Presumably I was set to meet with him, but could not, as Leslie Kean was between myself and crying Lue, explaining in an impeccable Leslie Kean voice that "He just really loved that drat duck!"

Have you watched season 2 of The Wire recently

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

These other models are poo poo because they have to come up with some particle to make it work whereas my theory

quote:

But problems aside, Turok says that the new model provides a natural candidate for dark matter. This candidate is an ultra-elusive, very massive particle called a “sterile” neutrino hypothesized to account for the finite (very small) mass of more common left-handed neutrinos
Oh wait

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Objurium posted:

Hi thread,

A man deprived of his bird is ruined

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Objurium posted:

Hi thread,

the duck is disclosure

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Objurium posted:

Hi thread,

Think Objurium think! What was the acronym for the agency, you saw it in the dream you must have, what was it!? Tell us dammit!!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i had a dream there was a home invasion and a guy dressed up like ozymandias at the beginning of the watchmen killed me and my partner with a brick

not gonna lie i really didn't particularly enjoy dreaming last night

that's the trade-off for getting cool vivid dreams. sometimes you just get highly vivid and violent and emotionally perilous nonsense

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

D-Pad posted:

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2023/03/16/tucker-carlson-shares-bizarre-tale-of-troops-dying-from-ufo-encounters/

Lol that this is coming from Tucker but it sounds like his source would be Gary Nolan based on the description. I am sure that somebody will ask him (Nolan) about it the next time he does a podcast so I am looking forward to seeing what he says. If it was true that would certainly explain why they don't want disclosure.

It sounds like Tucker is describing Nolan, and it sounds like Nolan is describing Jim Penniston (and the Rendlesham incident). And Penniston is 100% verifiably full of poo poo. He said he touched the craft and decades later he remembered it downloaded a binary code into his brain, and the binary code just happened to be........ ASCII! And then you can translate the ascii code to latitude and longitude coordinates.

edit: to be clear though Nolan describes some other cases that definitely aren't Penniston. Stuff where like the orb flew through a guy's head, that sort of thing. But this game of telephone via Tucker Carlson is hopelessly scrambled beyond the point of usefulness. This is why inspecting primary sources is always the first thing to do with UFO stories.

Rickshaw has issued a correction as of 22:16 on Mar 17, 2023

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

*whispers* penis town

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

blatman posted:

orbs are for pondering not for fondling

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Azathoth posted:

*whispers* penis town

Rendlescam

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i've been playing "x-com 2: terror from the deep" in hardcore mode this last week (no reloading, let the bodies hit the floor) and every time i murder a little Aquatoid i think of jrooty and those other dorks and i smile, also holy poo poo it's a hard game :(

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!

The Demilich posted:

Think Objurium think! What was the acronym for the agency, you saw it in the dream you must have, what was it!? Tell us dammit!!

*astrally squints really hard*

...J...
...U...
...D...
...Y...?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Gravid Topiary posted:

i've been playing "x-com 2: terror from the deep" in hardcore mode this last week (no reloading, let the bodies hit the floor) and every time i murder a little Aquatoid i think of jrooty and those other dorks and i smile, also holy poo poo it's a hard game :(

I played it before I played the original & was shocked at the easiness of it

Also somehow mangled files from both games into one and ended up breaking the poo poo out of the install

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

my bony fealty posted:

UAPs kill troops now? heh

They're snatching up our Airforce Sargeants: https://www.history.com/news/ufos-aliens-animal-human-mutilation-lovette-cunningham

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Rickshaw posted:

It sounds like Tucker is describing Nolan, and it sounds like Nolan is describing Jim Penniston (and the Rendlesham incident). And Penniston is 100% verifiably full of poo poo. He said he touched the craft and decades later he remembered it downloaded a binary code into his brain, and the binary code just happened to be........ ASCII! And then you can translate the ascii code to latitude and longitude coordinates.

edit: to be clear though Nolan describes some other cases that definitely aren't Penniston. Stuff where like the orb flew through a guy's head, that sort of thing. But this game of telephone via Tucker Carlson is hopelessly scrambled beyond the point of usefulness. This is why inspecting primary sources is always the first thing to do with UFO stories.

If aliens are beaming poo poo straight into our brains I don't see any reason why they wouldn't know ASCII encoding

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Just a Moron posted:

If aliens are beaming poo poo straight into our brains I don't see any reason why they wouldn't know ASCII encoding

(sweating profusely)

Don't.. have...

(flips to next page of spiral notebook, wipes brow, eyes tightly squeezed shut)

A Cow..

(sucking rattling breaths through clenched jaw)

... MAN?

(frantic ball-point dashes dispersed across college-rule lines form a profane depiction of bart simpson mooning the viewer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Have there been any literary works on decoding godhood?

Like maybe the mystery of creation can actually be boiled down to the easily-digestible recurring plot devices of a CBS primtime crime drama?

Mash some numbers together, draw some squigglies on a chalkboard. Bip bap boom, wine to water, I AM THE SON OF GOD

?