Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

I copied the filter from one of the Maxroll.gg build guides and tweaked it for my own build. In general things go in this order:

-Show all Uniques/Set items
-Big Red Text for high value affixes for my specific build or builds I want to try out (+level to skills I use plus a couple others)
-Big Text for specific item slot rules; for this, I created one rule with all the good possible affixes I would want for my specific build or builds I want to try out, picked the base types I want, and have it show if 3 of the affixes (2 for weapons) are on the item. Then I copied the rule a bunch of times for each gear slot and picked the base types I want for each new rule.
-Show all Exalted items
-Big White Text for rare, valuable shatterable affixes (hybrid health and percent health)
-White Text for other shatterable affixes that I might want
-Big Turquoise Text for idols with two good mods for my specific build or builds I want to try out
-Turquoise Text for idols with one good mod for my specific build or builds I want to try out
-Hide other idols
-Hide all other Normal/Magic/Rare items

I have mine setup similarly - working bottom to top:
At the top, I might have a rule to recolor and emphasize specific chase items for my build or planned future build. E.g. a Fractured Crown base.
Emphasize T7 Exalted
Show Unique/Set/Exalted
Between hitting my mastery at 24 and monos in my 40s, I'll set up recolor rules for each item slot based on my build. These are pretty broad at first - recolor this item type with any 2 of these affixes. As I level and fill in slots, I progressively restrict these by subtype and tier until I'm only seeing endgame bases with 2/3+ mods I want for my current build or planned swap. As I get more specific, I'll clone and tweak these rules so I can filter by say, 2 affixes of t4+, 3 affixes of t3+, etc.
Recolor class-specific shatter - t#+ of class-specific affixes I want. I'll start off lower and raise the tier requirement as I fill in shards. This is as much for rolling off bad class affixes in the future as it is finding good ones. I usually make all my shatter rules obnoxiously-colored.
Recolor 'shatter' rule - this is like hybrid health, % health, and on a fresh char, remove ailments on potion use, maybe some t4/t5 generic affixes like all res, elemental damage over time, crit avoid, movespeed, whatever.
Recolor and emphasize class specific idols with two good mods. If there's a particular idol I need for my build, I'll show single mods of those too.
Recolor generic idols with two good mods.
I might leave a 'recolor all class specific bases for the class I'm currently playing' rule until I hit early monos.
For a fresh character, I leave rules for tier 2+ movespeed, early armor bits with say, 4+ tiers of resists.
I start with a basic template with rules for hiding normal/magic/rare, idols and class specifics for the class I'm not playing. When I start a character, I make a copy of this template, relabel and tweak it according to class and whether I'm ssf, hc, whatever. I level gate the 'hide' filters, so for example, I might leave normal items on until like 10, magic until 20, all rares until 30.

MerrMan posted:

Tried to spec over to fireball from lightningball at 65 and got my poo poo absolutely rocked in the first echo I hopped in to. Uhhh, whoops? I guess since my gear is terrible I didn't realize how much the skill levels were carrying. Also mana management just seems terrible and I really hate Focus. I assume this is something that I'll need to gear out of but it's a real bummer. Not being able to cast your spells is really not fun.

How aggressively should I be Shattering loot I find. Like, is a T1 %health belt worth smashing? I guess I have like 150k gold so I should just be buying up Runes of Shattering and sharding poo poo aggressively? Also, is there any reason to NOT use a Glyph of Hope when crafting?

Oh poo poo just found Ashen Crown. Wanted to play the nova build so this rules.

Eh, I wouldn't really shatter t1 affixes unless you're desperate. Hybrid health maybe because it's great. Ailment cleanse if you don't have it yet. I do buy shatters aggressively, but generally I save them for higher tiers/more shards. You can also use rune of removal to guarantee all of the shards back - the mod it selects is random though, and it requires forging potential to use. Glyph of hope are common enough that you'll be swimming in them later, so I use them pretty liberally.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
Pro tip: if you use the build planner (lastepochtools.com/planner) you can export a loot filter for that setup that will cover your entire leveling journey. It's perfect for people like me that enjoy leveling the entire way with the intended build. It'll break the drops down into 6 tiers, from the very start to late game, with increasing requirements for # of desired affixes, affix tiers, and bases. As you level up and start filling in slots, you can just remove the earlier filters to see the relevant items. Pretty cool!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

The Locator posted:

This one took me easily to level 90 and empowered, corrupted monoliths in 8.5. Not sure how much if anything in the latest patch may have changed it. Can easily be played with nothing but the left mouse button running Warpath.

E: https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/the-blender-2-0

they have a "recommended leveling build" for void knight which is hammer throw into abyssal orb/smite. however i got some really nutty hammer throw uniques (+4void damage 2h, and +70% throw damage gloves), and then i got a +70% melee damage glove, so i think i'm just gonna go straight from hammer throw directly into the blender

for those that worry hammerdin might be bad, a few levels into the skill you can make it spiral and then you can throw out three at a time, which shotguns. it's stupid strong

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jinnigan posted:

they have a "recommended leveling build" for void knight which is hammer throw into abyssal orb/smite. however i got some really nutty hammer throw uniques (+4void damage 2h, and +70% throw damage gloves), and then i got a +70% melee damage glove, so i think i'm just gonna go straight from hammer throw directly into the blender

for those that worry hammerdin might be bad, a few levels into the skill you can make it spiral and then you can throw out three at a time, which shotguns. it's stupid strong

I played it as Warpath pretty much only from the get-go. I never used any other primary weapon skill, just whirled my way to the end-game from the beginning. Warpath really has no real mana issues beyond the very early game as just a few points into the skill tree makes it so you can have 100% up-time.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Grim dawn really is a loving great arpg after all this time. Especially if you grab griminternals and up the game speed by like 30%, makes things much snappier

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

manacosts for Erasing Strike gameplay style is starting to grind my gears

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Beastmaster is a pretty interesting spin for a summoner.
The most basic version requires you to join the fray and use your attacks to buff your pets, I just got to the endgame with my 3 wolves-raptor-bear build.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Char posted:

Beastmaster is a pretty interesting spin for a summoner.
The most basic version requires you to join the fray and use your attacks to buff your pets, I just got to the endgame with my 3 wolves-raptor-bear build.

This is what im leveling, with the far off hope of getting Herald of the Scurry.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I love the idea of Beast Master, but having to hover by your pet to Resurrect them sucks balls on boss fights :(

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Sab669 posted:

I love the idea of Beast Master, but having to hover by your pet to Resurrect them sucks balls on boss fights :(

I feel like the circle needs to be a lot bigger. Maybe expand it over time so I'm not compelled to stand in the same poo poo that killed my pet for a few seconds?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

King Cocoa Butter posted:

Pro tip: if you use the build planner (lastepochtools.com/planner) you can export a loot filter for that setup that will cover your entire leveling journey. It's perfect for people like me that enjoy leveling the entire way with the intended build. It'll break the drops down into 6 tiers, from the very start to late game, with increasing requirements for # of desired affixes, affix tiers, and bases. As you level up and start filling in slots, you can just remove the earlier filters to see the relevant items. Pretty cool!

they can be handy, but I mostly avoid them anymore as they can be too permissive or too restrictive depending on how affixes/base types etc. were selected and I'd rather start from a known quantity than dig around to figure out what might've been overlooked one way or the other

NPR Journalizard posted:

This is what im leveling, with the far off hope of getting Herald of the Scurry.

scurry's fun, that was the last thing I played before multi beta and it's reasonably smooth leveling since you can just spec wolves in the meantime, stay in human form and stack a bunch of aspects & attack speed

it took ages to find a scurry though and I burned through a bunch of ascendance runes on hats in the process

Jinnigan posted:

e: throwing cost affix on a couple rings helps tremendously leveling with hammers

Hauki fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 17, 2023

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I def got some bug going on, neither wolf nor totem is showing up on my primalist... though they are doing attacks and what not. Just invisible, the wolf is not even on the party bar.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Rerolled with Druid, it's aight. I find Rampage, the Werebear move skill, doesn't always go in the direction I want it to.

Edit: seems to be how autoattack works on controller.

chird fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Mar 17, 2023

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
My exploding skelly build has turned into a fire build,
so skellies, just focused on all warriors and mana efficiency with mana on death,
skelly pyro mages for sacrifice and ignite chance, which notably procs off the sacrifices,
volatile zombies that spawn on minion death and specced into fire and flame shades,
pyro golem for tanking and more fire,
and flame shades for fire damage and something to cast on things between skelly summons.

Basically I can do fights only ever summoning more skellies and with mana efficiency it's almost impossible for me to run out. Fun but I'm not geared up so still a glass cannon.

One weird thing I had to research. Ailments, like ignite, applied by your minions still benefit from minion stuff, which is good.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

bobtheconqueror posted:

My exploding skelly build has turned into a fire build,
so skellies, just focused on all warriors and mana efficiency with mana on death,
skelly pyro mages for sacrifice and ignite chance, which notably procs off the sacrifices,
volatile zombies that spawn on minion death and specced into fire and flame shades,
pyro golem for tanking and more fire,
and flame shades for fire damage and something to cast on things between skelly summons.

Basically I can do fights only ever summoning more skellies and with mana efficiency it's almost impossible for me to run out. Fun but I'm not geared up so still a glass cannon.

One weird thing I had to research. Ailments, like ignite, applied by your minions still benefit from minion stuff, which is good.

Did they fix the mana bug they introduced on Tuesday? The mana on death for my skellies were throwing me deep into negative mana territory absolutely killing the build.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Picked up the game last night and got an acolyte to the first major hub. Been really impressed so far, it's scratches the d2 nostalgia itch while still doing its own thing. Took skeletons as my first tagged skill and I'm thinking probably curse next.

Might reroll a rogue or primalist tonight just to get a feel for some of the other classes.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone getting a bug where the toolbar gets all wonky after changing zones? I have to go back to the main menu to fix it. Seems to happen primarily when shapeshifted.

Someone asked about a minimal button press build earlier - I highly recommend Druid Swarmblade for this.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kaddish posted:

Anyone getting a bug where the toolbar gets all wonky after changing zones? I have to go back to the main menu to fix it. Seems to happen primarily when shapeshifted.

Yeah it's a big issue with shapeshifting right now. I was bummed to see this wasn't fixed with the last update, along with the bug where you get stuck in the animation for Rampage until it rubber-bands you back to when it disengaged.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Glad it's not just me I guess.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Oddly enough, the shapeshifting bug seems to effect characters in the campaign but goes away in monoliths. Something with how maps are loaded, i guess

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Infinity Gaia posted:

Grim Dawn has the previously-pooped-in pants you can find and wear and they grant you a skill that lets you throw the poop at enemies. Also, like a lot of items in Grim Dawn it had stronger upscaled versions. So you could later get Mythical Soiled Trousers. So what I'm saying is they need to add those pants to Last Epoch.

Edit: But, jokes aside, I do think Last Epoch really needs to add more uniques and such. They're some of the best parts of playing ARPGs and while the crafting and itemization system as it stands is quite cool with the purple rarity and such, there's just something about an item that's specifically pre-designed to fulfill a specific role that'll always be extremely appealing. And like, Grim Dawn has around 20 sorta-unique one handed swords (it has a kinda different rarity system) and around a dozen actual legendary extremely unique one-handed swords. These also each have higher rarity versions keeping them useful long term, so its more like double that number. Last Epoch has... 6. 8 if you include two set swords. It really makes the dopamine rush of a fancy sound effect and light beam go down when you realize it's just gonna be another Humming Bee!

Agreed. LE needs poopy pants. :hfive:

I'm a big GD fan (PoE is better, obviously) and the unique skills granted by items in that game are very powerful in many cases and you can create builds around them. Even components you slot into your gear often give you skills that you can use as a main attack/spell for an end-game build. In LE, I've just been completely ignoring unique/set items and dumping them in my stash after just glancing at their stat block, and all my gear is crafted. Some set items seem to have potential, but most of the uniques so far seem underwhelming compared to a good crafted item.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

King Cocoa Butter posted:

So it looks at your character and gear, and then smartly builds a loot filter around it? That's really cool

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mover posted:

Oddly enough, the shapeshifting bug seems to effect characters in the campaign but goes away in monoliths. Something with how maps are loaded, i guess

I was actually going to mention this, I played last night almost exclusively doing monoliths and hadn't actually seen it happen all night.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mover posted:

Oh is that it? I noticed Spriggan Form seemed to no longer gently caress up for me, I assumed it was fixed lol. Bummer.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DeathSandwich posted:

Picked up the game last night and got an acolyte to the first major hub. Been really impressed so far, it's scratches the d2 nostalgia itch while still doing its own thing. Took skeletons as my first tagged skill and I'm thinking probably curse next.

Might reroll a rogue or primalist tonight just to get a feel for some of the other classes.
I recommend bone golem as your next specialized skill. I think you may unlock the slot before the golem but the golem is really good.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fire Sorc leveling. Trying to decide which one makes more sense. Hard to tell because I can't check dmg in a sub menu (that I know of)

https://imgur.com/a/CcQly5F,jpeg

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Your link is broken; change the comma to a period before jpeg ;)

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sab669 posted:

Your link is broken; change the comma to a period before jpeg ;)

Preview did me dirty.

https://imgur.com/a/CcQly5F

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone getting client version mismatches when trying to invite friends to the party?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Kaddish posted:

Anyone getting client version mismatches when trying to invite friends to the party?

I solved this by not having friends.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

The Locator posted:

I solved this by not having friends.

Smart.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a benefit to pairing up? Drop tables are separate so I guess we'd be able to share gear but is there an increase in anything?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

m.hache posted:

Is there a benefit to pairing up? Drop tables are separate so I guess we'd be able to share gear but is there an increase in anything?

I don't think you get a bonus to drops or density unfortunately but it is nice to be able to share boss kills for more blessing rerolls. Also you can get each other's alts into empowered monoliths very quickly.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Granted I haven't actually played it yet just watched some streams but.. I think this game might be better than Diablo 4.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mover posted:

Yeah, in monoliths you never zone, it instead generates a brand new map inside the same map. This actually creates way MORE bugs in multiplayer though, as if you're not present for the "generating echo" phase you will never ever generate the map, and if you try to warp to your ally you end up in a featureless void.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Are Primalist totems bound by +pet Damage % or will they gain damage from your own +physical/cold/ect?

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Totems are minions and scale off of minion stats.

When you hover over a skill the tooltip will show you what tags an ability has.

This is from Summon Thorn Totem. The first row shows what stats on your character are being applied to the ability. The second row shows up only for minion skills and tells you what their attacks are tagged as. Specing into poison chance nodes on the skill tree would add a poison tag on the second row. Taking the 50% cold conversion node in the tree would add cold and remove the poison tag because the cold node also converts poison ailment chance to frostbite chance. After taking the 50% cold conversion you could scale the ability by adding generic minion damage, attunement, or totem damage and by adding minion spell damage, minion physical or minion cold damage. You could also increase the frostbite chance by adding either minion frostbite chance or minion poison chance because all poison chance is being converted.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 18, 2023

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

explosivo posted:

Granted I haven't actually played it yet just watched some streams but.. I think this game might be better than Diablo 4.

It is a different kind of arpg for sure, at least compared to the 1-20 experience in d4. Almost every class in LE has ways of slaughtering a dozen mobs at a time by the time they get to level 20 but that seems to not be the case in D4. I don't know if "better" is the right term though, any more than saying POE is "better" than D3... they're just different games in the same genre and some people will prefer one over the other.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Also, are goons coalescing around a particular discord for playing together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

m.hache posted:

Did they fix the mana bug they introduced on Tuesday? The mana on death for my skellies were throwing me deep into negative mana territory absolutely killing the build.

I thought I had this as well, but it turns out it was just the mana cost of proccing zombies and their associated procs.

Like, if I summon skellies that take me into the negative, but I've got a bunch of zomblebees already in the field that explode themselves, spending a bunch of mana on flame shades.

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 18, 2023