Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm still loling at a group of economist having discovered 190 banks across the usa are in the same position as SVB

there couldn't possibly be any systemic risk in this system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

nice

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

the big hug at the end :unsmith:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

gah that's so loving cool and nice. I'm so happy for them.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lmao

https://twitter.com/AmethystTrotter/status/1636863918525104130

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol they waited until the weekend kicked off to post the downgrade. Monday is gonna be grim.

https://twitter.com/PriapusIQ/status/1636886636398100482

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Spoondick posted:

there couldn't possibly be any systemic risk in this system

whoa, okay

there are select markets with indications of slight, transitory liquidity moments, but these semi-permeable instances are hardly stateful, so don’t fret

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol they waited until the weekend kicked off to post the downgrade. Monday is gonna be grim.

Didn't other credit agencies alright poo poo all over FRB? :thunk:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If the economy collapses under an old-fashioned bankrun while absolutely no normal people have any money to withdraw I'm gonna die laughing.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If the economy collapses under an old-fashioned bankrun while absolutely no normal people have any money to withdraw I'm gonna die laughing.

if you trust the magic 250k number, the percentage of the population who should be worried is gonna be small

the solution will cater to them, naturally

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

SKULL.GIF posted:

What the gently caress is BAA1 lol

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
it's really cool that state pension funds are allowed to invest public workers' retirement money into bank stocks that can disappear overnight, banks that are being actively sacrificed by the federal government itself

that's a great system

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Order of BAA1 welcomes you.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Pfft that strain is so 2021

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

a few grades above ba115

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

lol the global banking system is starting to collapse. LMFAO!!!

i want to believe

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the ratings agencies work very hard to make their ratings very comprehensible to the average joe and jane

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

we cant afford to pay for this costing a massive 0.0000001 zelenskies

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

old covid

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Can we package these children off to create securitized financial products? If not, this seems like a bad investment and only shows why the private sector can make better use of these children.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the ratings agencies work very hard to make their ratings very comprehensible to the average joe and jane

Linear transformations god I am in love with the mystic bull poo poo of finance

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

It's called reading entrails, buddy! :colbert:

Danru
May 23, 2022

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Can we package these children off to create securitized financial products? If not, this seems like a bad investment and only shows why the private sector can make better use of these children.

JP Morgan Chase is thrilled to offer an array of new subprime instruments intended to better capitalize food insecurity in children under the age of 9

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

what about dinner? :chloe:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

JustFollowingOrder posted:

what about dinner? :chloe:

is this a real post

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1636847393852334083?s=20

quote:

Starting in 2024, Level I candidates can pick between Python, a programming language, or financial modeling. Level II will offer advanced Python or analyst skills. The first level of the new tests will be offered in February of next year.

lol, i cleared them a decade ago at this point but it's incredible they're chasing the computer toucher market

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

may allah give the french protests strength

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Jaxyon posted:

JS is a gigantic racist prick but these interviews are good for educating normies

is he? I mean not debating it, just wasn’t aware of it, unless you’re referring to the “problem with white people” episode. Is that why he’s a “gigantic racist prick”?

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

i wonder who the lehman will be - which financial institution will be the first not to catch a life vest and be fully re-capitalized, for one reason or another?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Ok, so according to this chart C is the worst grade you can get (Default) and B2 appears to be in the bottom half of that chart.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

That sounds a lot worse than a conventional B.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

love to transform real vector spaces while preserving operators while calculating my family budget.

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

Junkiebev posted:

i wonder who the lehman will be - which financial institution will be the first not to catch a life vest and be fully re-capitalized, for one reason or another?

im going to guess U.S. Bancorp b/c they didn't Kick-Up in the FRC bailout AFAIK - they've been conspicuously absent from all this and it is going to turn out some dumbfuck they stake has been writing swaps at _way_ past capital requirements

Yudo
May 15, 2003

shrike82 posted:

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1636847393852334083?s=20

lol, i cleared them a decade ago at this point but it's incredible they're chasing the computer toucher market

I thought Excel was the thing? I guess Python has good math and data bolt ons, but the image of the spreadsheet jockey is indelible. It does sound like they want to get into data janitorial services and/or more general touching of computers. Seems dumb.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cpt_Obvious posted:

That sounds a lot worse than a conventional B.

It's graded on a very generous curve

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

economy dying?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I don't want to inflame anymore cross forum tensions or whatever but for anyone being menaced by Mirthless, don't blame us. They just decided to come here after getting ran out of the gbs relationships thread for being dumb and we've been stuck dealing with it ever since.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

triple sulk posted:

economy dying?

think of it more as a zombie economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I know a guy who worked for Moody's all through the crash and he gets super testy whenever someone razzes him lol