Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Centrist Committee posted:

emperor brandon stomping all over the imperial vassals is entertaining to watch
I'm here for the Swiss getting stomped. Switzerland is expensive and boring and filled with assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'm sure it's probably nothing, but my regional bank is denying all of my online shopping transactions today :downs:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

I'm sure it's probably nothing, but my regional bank is denying all of my online shopping transactions today :downs:

just buy stuff on a credit card lol

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Centrist Committee posted:

emperor brandon stomping all over the imperial vassals is entertaining to watch

Reuters: BlackRock says not participating in any Credit Suisse takeover plan

CNBC: BlackRock denies report that it’s preparing a takeover bid for Credit Suisse

However!

Bloomberg: US Authorities Engaged on Possible Credit Suisse-UBS Deal

Bloomberg posted:

US authorities are working with their Swiss counterparts as they seek to hammer out a deal for UBS Group AG to buy all or part of its struggling rival Credit Suisse Group AG, according to people familiar with the matter.

A tie-up between the two banks would be of interest to Washington regulators because both lenders have operations in the US and are considered systemically important in Switzerland. American officials may seek to weigh in on matters that could impact final terms of any deal, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified discussing the confidential conversations.

Representatives for the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department declined to comment.

The goal is for an announcement of a deal between the two banks by Sunday evening at the latest, according to a person familiar with the matter, who also asked not to be identified discussing the talks. The Financial Times reported that a deal could emerge as soon as Saturday evening.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

cat botherer posted:

I'm here for the Swiss getting stomped. Switzerland is expensive and boring and filled with assholes.

lol you're canadian

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We need little flags next to each of our usernames that is the country the poster lives in so I can tell Canadians or Euros to go gently caress themselves when they effort post at me about needing to vote or shielding some insanely awful policy being implemented.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

We need little flags next to each of our usernames that is the country the poster lives in so I can tell Canadians or Euros to go gently caress themselves when they effort post at me about needing to vote or shielding some insanely awful policy being implemented.

grey star doesnt let you see ip?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

French Goon: "Vote!"

*Gets owned by the Prime Minister bypassing Parliament without having to have a vote*

US Goon: "Welcome to the party, pal!"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

grey star doesnt let you see ip?

I see nothing but stuff I do in this thread.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i'll buy credit suisse

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

just trick chuds by calling taxes a monthly subscription and free school lunches and medicaid is a benefit of Citizen Prime subs, it's not reliance its a fully paid for service being provided

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

JustFollowingOrder posted:

$10,000 annual tables

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Got the crazy landlady’s packet from my brother in the mail.

- She’s claiming we have a 60lb dog that we let pee on the carpet. Put aside that our dog is 30lbs, her evidence is a picture of a clean carpet with a circle around with words next to it that say “Tenants let 60lb dog pee on the carpet.” :confused:

- Pictures of a pile of kitchen floor tiles and an old wheelbarrow and random poo poo in the backyard that was there when we moved in.

- Half the pictures of “poop” are random pieces of bark from the trees???

These pictures make her look extremely dumb and petty to the court. I can’t imagine why she thinks they would help her defense. :psyduck:

she is going to win

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
it gives me no pleasure to report this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

As far as I know I can't see any reports any of you file either.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
is the judge a landlord

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/tim__fitzgerald/status/1636844911893815299

This causes instant trauma to every New Yorker

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

she is going to win

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

most judges became property owners and landlords during the pandemic.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

This is like an AI wrote a stereotypical real estate ad

"Entering the spacious sun soaked ...."
"Featuring a Double Vanity...."

And the loving of the "walk in closets" which are just slightly larger normal closets

:siren: UPDATED APPLIANCES PEOPLE :siren:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I hope she gives her landlord a generous tip

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I saw the avatar and read the text and thought it was a Don Hughes post.

The Atomic Man-Boy has issued a correction as of 19:48 on Mar 18, 2023

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I saw the avatar and read the text and thought it was a Don Hughes post.

I thought it was Garth Marenghi.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

hahaha gently caress thats like 650 more than what i pay for like the most mediocre box in portland

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

"updated appliances" these days means "appliances that aren't white/were bought within the last decade" much like "luxury updated" meaning "we stripped out the 70's carpet and put down vinyl wood floors and a coat of paint".

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

philly rules but what they don't mention is that's at 10th and chestnut and you will likely be robbed and/or stabbed by a meth addict if you walk around by yourself any time after dark. it's not a safe neighborhood.

not really joking either. someone was stabbed to death one or two blocks up and over in broad daylight a month or two ago

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh lmao that's Philadelphia? I skimmed through the video and genuinely assumed it was a Parisian apartment.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

triple sulk posted:

philly rules but what they don't mention is that's at 10th and chestnut and you will likely be robbed and/or stabbed by a meth addict if you walk around by yourself any time after dark. it's not a safe neighborhood.

not really joking either. someone was stabbed to death one or two blocks up and over in broad daylight a month or two ago

cool

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh lmao that's Philadelphia? I skimmed through the video and genuinely assumed it was a Parisian apartment.

yeah. jefferson hospital (a very good one) is right there. the ground floor on that curve used to be a starbucks that closed because the area dies after 6pm since it's only medical poo poo.

chestnut street is notoriously dumpy, especially anywhere between roughly 7th and 17th

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

triple sulk posted:

Gentrifiers:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

yeah. jefferson hospital (a very good one) is right there. the ground floor on that curve used to be a starbucks that closed because the area dies after 6pm since it's only medical poo poo.

chestnut street is notoriously dumpy, especially anywhere between roughly 7th and 17th

My wife’s company has an office at Liberty Place and I thought the area around there wasn’t too bad. It’s not far from 10th.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

triple sulk posted:

do you get scared watching the local news

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

triple sulk posted:

why is everyone in philly so stabby

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

yes I've lived in neighborhoods in the Bronx that people have described as a "war zone' or "third world country" etc.

they were fine.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

triple sulk posted:

People are stabbed to death in suburban neighborhoods too. Turns out americans are super loving psychotic and courts dont take domestic violence threats seriously.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

webcams for christ posted:

yes I've lived in neighborhoods in the Bronx that people have described as a "war zone' or "third world country" etc.

they were fine.

philly can be great but it legitimately has a major crime problem right now, especially with groups of young teens randomly beating the poo poo out of people. it's no loving joke and new york is much, much safer. our council and mayor are always a clown show.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia/septa-station-8th-street-stabbing-market-frankford-20230201.html

this was one street up and two blocks over from that building

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

When the nation’s used car dealers were en route to DC for Jan 6th they were warning each other on thedonald.win to stay off the metro because the neighborhoods it went through were “some of the deadliest in America”

A few also complained that they got to the national mall with plans to shop and found and it wasn’t a mall

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

all i'm really saying is there's a reason that place is "cheap"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

When the nation’s used car dealers were en route to DC for Jan 6th they were warning each other on thedonald.win to stay off the metro because the neighborhoods it went through were “some of the deadliest in America”

A few also complained that they got to the national mall with plans to shop and found and it wasn’t a mall

well duh, the real american national mall is the mall of america, its right there in the name!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You couldn't pay me to live in downtown Philadelphia. Traffic and public transport is a nightmare