Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

Also, are goons coalescing around a particular discord for playing together?

I had this same question.

Also I made dis:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Any good source of builds and items that you should look for? I'm seeing some uniques and stuff that the negatives on them seem worse then positives and just assume their trash but want to check. (Also yay finally hit empowered monoliths! DROPS SO MANY DROPS)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I kinda sorta get why DOTs can't Crit, but it's dumb that Disintegrate is considered a DOT :colbert:

Draynar posted:

Any good source of builds and items that you should look for? I'm seeing some uniques and stuff that the negatives on them seem worse then positives and just assume their trash but want to check. (Also yay finally hit empowered monoliths! DROPS SO MANY DROPS)

Trading isn't implemented so does it matter? Or do you just mean things worth stashing away for potential Alts? Either way https://www.lastepochtools.com/builds/

LET is the go-to resource for this game

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch

Maxroll also has some builds. I've been following along with them, mostly, they did a good job when I played Lost Ark at least.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
I saw some gameplay vids from people playing the D4 beta, and my recent experience in LE seems way more fun.

I'm about level 90 and working my way through level 100 echoes with x3 to x4 corruption shades.

For goons crushing end-game stuff, what kind of tooltip DPS do you have for your main skills?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Dahbadu posted:

I saw some gameplay vids from people playing the D4 beta, and my recent experience in LE seems way more fun.

I'm about level 90 and working my way through level 100 echoes with x3 to x4 corruption shades.

For goons crushing end-game stuff, what kind of tooltip DPS do you have for your main skills?

yeah I'm kinda rushing to finish leveling in d4 so I can come back to this. This game is really starting to come together and it's amazing.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dahbadu posted:

Not sure I could be considered "Crushing" end game stuff, but my Warpath tooltip shows just under 16,000 DPS with sigils up on my level 90 void knight.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Maybe I just shouldn't overthink low-level uniques, but why the hell does a Wand have +Melee Attack Speed :confused:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Dahbadu posted:

I'm 93 playing shadow daggers and my tooltip says about 40k without buffs. There is no way that's correct for DPS though, shadow daggers is a status that procs damage after 4 stacks are applied, though it may mean the damage of an average proc. At around 150 - 200 corruption the damage still feels solid.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sab669 posted:

Maybe I just shouldn't overthink low-level uniques, but why the hell does a Wand have +Melee Attack Speed :confused:

There's a melee Mana Regen skill for mage, so maybe that?

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Sab669 posted:

I kinda sorta get why DOTs can't Crit, but it's dumb that Disintegrate is considered a DOT :colbert:

Trading isn't implemented so does it matter? Or do you just mean things worth stashing away for potential Alts? Either way https://www.lastepochtools.com/builds/

LET is the go-to resource for this game

Ya just for Alts. Thanks!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

m.hache posted:

Acolyte has a couple of melee skills as well. Harvest and Reap.

Both of them get flat melee damage from Int, too.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

m.hache posted:

I guess I just assumed Mana Strike required an actual melee weapon. Weird.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sab669 posted:

I guess I just assumed Mana Strike required an actual melee weapon. Weird.

Well, every eastern European grandmother would consider that a melee weapon.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

Don't have a fire cow, man
chancla with throwing skill boosts when

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Ok I fell in a stupid trap with Beastmaster.
Stacking minion damage items.

No, this class wants to fight with the minions to buff them! I'm not a necromancer.
I need to rethink my whole equip setup :argh:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Char posted:

Ok I fell in a stupid trap with Beastmaster.
Stacking minion damage items.

No, this class wants to fight with the minions to buff them! I'm not a necromancer.
I need to rethink my whole equip setup :argh:

Stacked + Minion damage is really more of a totem shaman move.

Shockingly also extremely fun, btw. I only reached the end of time on my first primalist and got my specialized classes but I've been rolling with Ice Thorns and Thorn totem and crows as my tagged skills. It's basically full glass-cannon but gently caress it'll explode poo poo on command

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

What is a good Beastmaster build, I had a basically autocrit dual axe build but I think the crit stuff got nerfed badly

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Surprisingly good early weapon for stuff like hammer throw. Ignite/poison/bleed/etc have high base damage.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
You definitely want to stack minion stats if you are building around a beastmaster companion. Spriggan (and to a lesser extent, wolf and crows) can work as a support minion but most other minions will have a low impact if you don't try to scale their damage at all.

Good builds for beastmaster:

Bleed Bear
Swipe Version & Barebones Caster Version
Bear has a node that retaliates with a thorn volley every time it takes 75 damage. You can also stack a lot of bleed chance and duration on it using gear and by spamming thorn shield on it in spriggan form. You end up with a walking thorn pinata that can ramp up to 400-500 bleed stacks and melt bosses. The swipe version is better at closing distance to enemies and has better clear in monoliths, while the caster version should do better versus bosses. I recommend taking eterra's blessing on thorn shield cast and using it as sustain and cleanse for yourself on top of being able to buff the bear some more. You need rage sustain from uniques to make it a workable option, though.

Bleed Wolves
Planner & Video Showcase
This uses a similar gear setup to bleed bear but you have a full pack of wolves (eventually squirrels) that scale really well with high investment. The build can push corruption and do fine with normal wolves, but eventually wants to use the Herald of the Scurry helm which is a fairly rare chase unique that doubles your amount of wolves, turns them into squirrels, and turns howl into a bigger attack speed buff. This lets you stack a lot of minion bleed stacks very fast and melt bosses while still maintaining decent clear. I haven't tried it with wolves yet, but the new bee relic gives all of your minions physical damage leech which works on bleed and should make the wolves/squirrels nigh immortal.

Crit Necrotic Wolves
Video with planners in the description
This build uses high level boots that drop from the Age of Winter monolith boss to add flat necrotic damage to wolves per stack of maelstrom you cast. It also makes the spell effect for maelstrom look very cool. Less high end damage potential than bleed version, but more style points.

Swipe Crowstorm
I don't know of a planner for this since it's a new build with 0.9, but you take the node in swipe that activates your companion ability every 2 seconds and use it to nuke with the crow companion ability, a big lightning AoE. You want to run it as a solo companion, since the more damage mods from that are bigger than the multi-crow version and it's way easier to keep one big crow alive and it lets you spec into the node that gives the crow basic attacks more damage but drains your mana. The build can also be played as a druid in werebear form, using the node that buffs companions when you use maul.

For the other companions:

Scorpion is playable as a minion poison build but poison is in a worse place than bleed currently and the venom nova it casts feels kind of slow and mediocre. The baby scorpions it creates notably don't scale with your gear and passives because they count as being summoned by the scorpion and not you.

Sabertooth is almost an entirely new ability this patch. I tried it with bleed bear gear during the pre-0.9 playtest and it performed a bit worse than the bear but seemed playable. Planner for a crit version that should be pretty good. The leap ability it has is actually pretty nice because it means it won't get stuck pathing back and forth between you and enemies due to the sometimes dodgy melee minion AI.

Raptor is an older ability that can do great single target damage with either crit or bleed but basically only has an autoattack. It has abysmal clear and has largely been surpassed by the other minions.

If you want to do damage yourself, swipe is an option but werebear kind of does swipe better than beastmaster.

Serpent strike got reworked with 0.9 and doesn't seem to be in a great place. It makes you very tanky with the dodge chance on hit but you're stuck only ever hitting enemies directly next to you with your stick which is awful for clear and is a very monotonous playstyle. I leveled to 82 using the serpent venom nodes in the tree and while the damage was ok and I felt immortal, I just couldn't stand how dull the gameplay was. It does work well as a sort of support skill in swarmblade builds, though.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 19, 2023

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I don't know if it's good but I've been building mine as a "as many pets as possible" setup with triple wolves, raptor and sabertooth and it's working out pretty nicely so far. Only problem is I specced into the full aspect of the panther side of swipe and it can sometimes be difficult to maintain stacks on certain bosses. If I get into positions my pile of pets makes up for individual power with masses of attacks. I've only just now gotten to empowered monoliths though so it might fall off.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Eh dunno, I hit a wall at monoliths. Got zero survivability but I have to trigger Aspect of the Shark/Lynx so I need to invest in survival too.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I've been playing a mana stacking Sorcerer and it is ridiculously OP. The passive that gives you 10 ward for every 10 max mana you have when you cast a spell is incredibly broken. Standing still spamming glacier I'm at a steady 8-10k ward, and that's with mediocre gear.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

gnoma posted:

You definitely want to stack minion stats if you are building around a beastmaster companion. Spriggan (and to a lesser extent, wolf and crows) can work as a support minion but most other minions will have a low impact if you don't try to scale their damage at all.

Good builds for beastmaster:

Thanks. Time to salvage my dude

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there some sort of 2H dps advantage I'm not seeing? Or does the game add ignite damage dots to your spell DPS. I'm using the 2H pontifex staff which has a huge amount of ignite but jo lightning synergy. If I equip a 1h staff with +lightning damage%, +spell power and cast speed % the tooltip goes down?

Everything on the 1 hander is on my tooltip synergies.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

m.hache posted:

Is there some sort of 2H dps advantage I'm not seeing? Or does the game add ignite damage dots to your spell DPS. I'm using the 2H pontifex staff which has a huge amount of ignite but jo lightning synergy. If I equip a 1h staff with +lightning damage%, +spell power and cast speed % the tooltip goes down?

Everything on the 1 hander is on my tooltip synergies.
Are you comparing the flat spell damage boost of the staff and the 1hand?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zereth posted:

Are you comparing the flat spell damage boost of the staff and the 1hand?

This is the staff that I'm using (ignore the 1hander. Not the one I'm comparing).
https://imgur.com/a/CcQly5F

Besides the necrotic I don't see anything else that could boost my lightning tooltip.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

m.hache posted:

This is the staff that I'm using (ignore the 1hander. Not the one I'm comparing).
https://imgur.com/a/CcQly5F

Besides the necrotic I don't see anything else that could boost my lightning tooltip.

Any type of damage can cause ignites if your items have "chance to ignite on hit" so that 2hander basically applies 1.68 stacks of ignite per hit, and it also boosts the damage of ignites substantially. And yeah that will factor in to your tooltip dps as far as I'm aware.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yes, the estimated dps takes dot applications into account. It even shows dps for spells that do nothing but inflict dots.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Any tips for lazy necro with empowered monos? Finally having hard time keeping minions and myself alive vs some bosses but I have dog poo poo luck on getting correctly affixed gear for health. Or is doing them at 88 instead of 100 just kinda expected to be rough?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

Yes, the estimated dps takes dot applications into account. It even shows dps for spells that do nothing but inflict dots.

Perfect. That's what I was looking for. It wasn't very clear.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Traxis posted:

I've been playing a mana stacking Sorcerer and it is ridiculously OP. The passive that gives you 10 ward for every 10 max mana you have when you cast a spell is incredibly broken. Standing still spamming glacier I'm at a steady 8-10k ward, and that's with mediocre gear.

:ssh:

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020
Is there going to be another character wipe with 1.0? I keep debating if I want to try this game now or wait.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Mothmansplainer posted:

Is there going to be another character wipe with 1.0? I keep debating if I want to try this game now or wait.

I don't think they've ever done a character wipe, but I remember seeing something about moving characters from the main league (whatever they end up calling it) to a 'standard' type character whenever they do a new reset kind of like PoE does.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mothmansplainer posted:

The game director in chat said there's not going to be a wipe with 1.0. There will be a new season starting then though so there'll be reasons to start over from scratch but you won't be forced to.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I suppose a "new league" for the official launch makes sense, but that mildly makes me not want to play much now :(

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Sab669 posted:

I suppose a "new league" for the official launch makes sense, but that mildly makes me not want to play much now :(

There's no official release date, and based on prior release frequency you will probably play this until you are tired of it and need a break 2 or 3 times before 1.0 comes out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay so now that I actually understand what I should be doing in the Echos I'm really enjoying the Monolith endgame grind. Before, my friend and I were clearing out every node and getting the max stability bonus before moving on but I had no idea about the corruption mechanic. Seems way more beneficial to rush through to find the "Echo of a world" nodes that will increase corruption after a boss fight. I'm really starting to see huge packs of mobs now which I felt was lacking a bit in the game up to this point. It's just so much fun Rampaging around in Werebear form ground pounding everything into dust.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Sab669 posted:

You can always play online outside of league, like PoE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just had an Arena run end because it continued to spawn enemies after the wave was over when it was asking me to pick the next drop and I was nuked by ranged enemies just before leaving the zone. It brought me into the next area already dead and forced me out :(