Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
MUSHROOM CLOUD SPOTTED IS THIS THE WORK OF WOKE VEGANS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the mail called it the 'armageddon alarm' which is way too cool for whatever it ends up being used for

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:siren::siren:
An Irishman asked me about the sale price for my motor home and there were several more hidden in the bushes I am sure of it.

Lithuanians are stealing garden gnomes to perform occult rituals.

DRUG SMELL

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Kin posted:

Christ, how small is your TV?

Blu-ray is like night and day vs DVD, especially on most modern 4K TVs

Edit: I've got a fairly big DVD collection too, but I've been pretty content buying new stuff on blu ray and gradually replacing absolute classic stuff too (usually when I get an urge to watch it)

Late reply. :ughh:

24 inch widescreen monitor or thereabouts has been my default watching size for decades with several hundred dvd movies and a few box sets to pass the time.

More or less stopped buying them now. :corsair:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

An Irishman asked me about the sale price for my motor home and there were several more hidden in the bushes I am sure of it.

Lithuanians are stealing garden gnomes to perform occult rituals.

DRUG SMELL

I'm stuck in traffic again why won't the council get rid of the LTNs!!!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Neighbour insulted me in their own language, called me a Sabah al-khayr

Bargin Hunt delayed by 15 minutes, when I already sat down cup of tea ready.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

:siren::siren: Go back to the office

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The only legitimate reason I can see for the emergency alert thing apart from dangerous sudden weather (which we don't really have in these isles) is maybe for Amber Alerts.

But that's a very niche case.

Now to move from Amber Alerts to Pink Alerts. ( Are you sure? It means changing the light bulb.)

https://twitter.com/SoozUK/status/1637116004760186880?t=jb7IxSiINzWp2zQYun1N9A&s=19

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
*Rishi's numbers are down, need a dead cat alarm, Remove this before posting*
Supporting Labour link to cancer found!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i was genuinely surprised that trump got through 4 years of being POTUS without using the US one to slag off chuck schumer or whoever

my guess is nobody told him about it

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

happyhippy posted:

*Rishi's numbers are down, need a dead cat alarm, Remove this before posting*
Supporting Labour link to cancer found!

CON +5

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/1637440063976923138

:allears:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

He's a loving twat surrounded by sycophants who'd so it for him. Like ol Musky.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

:ssh: he probably thinks PCs run on 240V so let him electrocute himself

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
while karren brady looks on, doing her shite smelling face

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That's Baroness Brady to you

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

fuctifino posted:

That's Baroness Brady to you

It's always a good hate-watch for the contestants alone but this year more than anything it's descended even further into being a self-parody. Sugar and his entourage are pantomime villains with a side-gig as insult comedians at this point.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Why are tories sending out green leaflets? I wonder if their printers are running out of blue ink?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Why are tories sending out green leaflets? I wonder if their printers are running out of blue ink?

Bit like andry streets elections campaign, they dont want to be associated with the tories.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Green in printers is usually made with blue ink, so can't be so.

See also this which is both very dumb and also less dumb than 99% of political compi

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Green in printers is usually made with blue ink, so can't be so.

See also this which is both very dumb and also less dumb than 99% of political compi

It’s ‘cum pie’

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
cumpodes

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The Question IRL posted:

The only legitimate reason I can see for the emergency alert thing apart from dangerous sudden weather (which we don't really have in these isles) is maybe for Amber Alerts.

But that's a very niche case.

Now to move from Amber Alerts to Pink Alerts. ( Are you sure? It means changing the light bulb.)

https://twitter.com/SoozUK/status/1637116004760186880?t=jb7IxSiINzWp2zQYun1N9A&s=19

https://twitter.com/mattsibleycopy/status/1637117135741673472

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere, I'm all alone more or less - my review of the Pink Dwarf

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Best episodes are the S&M Squid and the gently caress Virus.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Pink Dwarf meets Purple Giant

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"The Ministry of Defence has apologised after an investigation found Afghan applicants to a resettlement scheme were told they could only come to the UK if their documents were approved by the Taliban"

I just facepalmed for real

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Diet Crack posted:

"The Ministry of Defence has apologised after an investigation found Afghan applicants to a resettlement scheme were told they could only come to the UK if their documents were approved by the Taliban"

I just facepalmed for real

People are right to hate us.

I have a problem and wonder if anyone here can help. We have a mouse in the house, the missus bought several mouse traps and put hazelnut chocolate on them because she read that it's their favourite thing. We came down in the morning to find all the traps licked clean, she bought those devices that emit a sound humans can't hear but drive mice and the like away however, after several days it's still around. I'm not sure what it's eating as we've checked the food and can't find anything with nibbles out of it. I've tried to grab it a couple of times but it's a fast little bugger. Has anyone had experience of getting rid of them?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, wait about 12 posts and you'll see a suggestion or two.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bessantj posted:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
There are lots of very effective humane mouse traps. Even a board game. Probably soon to be a movie.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bessantj posted:

I have a problem and wonder if anyone here can help. We have a mouse in the house, the missus bought several mouse traps and put hazelnut chocolate on them because she read that it's their favourite thing. We came down in the morning to find all the traps licked clean, she bought those devices that emit a sound humans can't hear but drive mice and the like away however, after several days it's still around. I'm not sure what it's eating as we've checked the food and can't find anything with nibbles out of it. I've tried to grab it a couple of times but it's a fast little bugger. Has anyone had experience of getting rid of them?

Like, kill traps or some other kind of trap? I don't know that sound things work on anything honestly. The usual advice I have seen is to use simple snap traps as poison can lead to them dying in the walls or something which will stink, and live capture traps have dubious efficacy.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

get a cat

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

basically you can spend every night for the rest of forever faffing about with peanut butter and live-catch boxes, attempt poison and wonder if that smell is a decaying corpse under the floor, or you can dehumanise yourself and face to sticky boards. until mice enlighten themselves to the truths of buddhism and overcome desire they are doomed to suffer.

also, there is never just one mouse. Buy a bunch of wire wool and get to plugging holes

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Cat.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Like, kill traps or some other kind of trap? I don't know that sound things work on anything honestly. The usual advice I have seen is to use simple snap traps as poison can lead to them dying in the walls or something which will stink, and live capture traps have dubious efficacy.

This little fucker just walks over the traps. Maybe we've just bought poo poo traps. Might have to try different ones.

EDIT: can't get a cat the landlord won't allow it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

bessantj posted:

This little fucker just walks over the traps. Maybe we've just bought poo poo traps. Might have to try different ones.

EDIT: can't get a cat the landlord won't allow it.

What does the landlord reckon you should do about the mouse?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

IME cage traps do work, especially if you do the 'leave food in there every day before actually setting the trap' bit..... but you never get them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
Those little live capture traps, hardly bigger than the mouse, are useless, but big ones where they have to go right in to eat work pretty well in my experience. The problem is that you almost certain have a route into your house that hordes of mice now know about, and you can spend the next decade trapping mice, or you can find the holes and block them.