Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mastershakeman posted:

I doubt this is normal but my dad's a prepper, has investments in silver, buried gold, Bitcoin, ammo, solar, sheep, and thousands of pounds of lentils (he has river & creek access on the farm as well for water). He's also invited a few dozen locals to the compound including doctors and has plans to block/destroy nearby bridges

does he live in waco texas by any chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Raskolnikov38 posted:

does he live in waco texas by any chance

If only

Goym Jabbar
Mar 19, 2023
im so glad we combined commercial and investment banking

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/BusinessInsider/status/1637427137417183232?s=20

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

your dad sounds like a cia asset and likely pushes Fentanyl on their behalf hth:v:

dad Jeffrey Alan Lash so what

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

anyway futures are green :unsmith:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

I bet (and hope) his domme told him to write this

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

coelomate posted:

anyway futures are green :unsmith:

VULCAN BLOOD?! :eyepop:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

well now I think we shouldn't forgive student loans!!

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I agree, billionaires are sitting on too much money and it must be expropriated to increase money velocity

oh wait, they’re badmouthing actual households for not living paycheck to paycheck anymore

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/potus/status/1637574673494933506?s=46&t=b23kGbnuFi54qJQa-UIGzw

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

what the gently caress?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

text editor posted:

what the gently caress?

Ted Lasso thing because he wants to be hip with ... uhh the apple TV watchers

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

we live in hell

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

quote:

Credit Suisse’s $17 Billion of Risky Bonds Are Now Worthless

Holders of Credit Suisse Group AG bonds suffered a historic loss when a takeover by UBS Group AG wiped out about 16 billion Swiss francs ($17.3 billion) worth of risky notes.

The deal will trigger a “complete write-down” of the bank’s additional tier 1 bonds in order to increase core capital, Swiss financial regulator FINMA said in a statement on its website. Meanwhile, the bank’s shareholders are set to receive 3 billion francs.

The bond wipe out is the biggest loss yet for Europe’s $275 billion AT1 market, far eclipsing the only other write-down to date of this type of security: a €1.35 billion ($1.44 billion) loss suffered by junior bondholders of Spanish lender Banco Popular SA back in 2017, when it was absorbed by Banco Santander SA for one euro to avoid a collapse. In that instance, the equity was also written off.

I n a typical writedown scenario, shareholders are the first to take a hit before AT1 bonds face losses, as Credit Suisse also guided in a presentation to investors earlier this week. That’s why the decision to write down the bank’s riskiest debt — rather than its shareholders — provoked a furious response from some of Credit Suisse’s AT1 bondholders.

“This just makes no sense,” said Patrik Kauffmann, a portfolio manager at Aquila Asset Management AG. “This will be a total blow to the AT1 market. You can quote me on that.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-19/credit-suisse-s-17-billion-of-risky-bonds-are-now-worthless

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Do the MSNBC libs believe this guy is actually tweeting on his own

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

what

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Maybe it’s like Peter Pan or some poo poo. We have to believe and then then the economy can soar.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Glad I thought this was Ukraine instead of Ted Lasso

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"The Buck Believe starts here."

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

whats a ted lasso

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
just wanna say Ted Lasso is as good a TV show as Biden is bad a president

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Markets gonna rip tomorrow on the news of the hated Credit Suisse failbank finally being put to bed and its bondholders summarily executed.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Inspiring, thank YOU President Biden. :blessed:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Markets gonna rip tomorrow on the news of the hated Credit Suisse failbank finally being put to bed and its bondholders summarily executed.

Looking forward to Elliott Management buying the $17 billion of AT1 bonds for $5 and suing the poo poo out of Switzerland like they did with Argentina.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

whats a ted lasso

i too live under a rock and watch nothing.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
you fuckers sure hate levity huh

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Saucer Hovers posted:

whats a ted lasso

I've refused to watch that show, and every dumb tweet and media hit hardens my resolve

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

Not googling that word

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

:frogout:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What, that's it?

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
ted asso

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

okay everyone i looked it up and the president is making a reference to a television program about a sports coach

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Not googling that word

it means gays

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Serious question: uhhh should I sell my stocks

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Twenty years ago we had Bob Hope, Steve Jobs, and Johnny cash. Now we have Ted Lasso.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i imagine the original premise was a massively racist southern evangelical football coach being sent to a multicultural U.K. football club but then apple tv executives for worried people might actually like the racist bigot

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

poisonpill posted:

Serious question: uhhh should I sell my stocks

No (this is not financial advice)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

this could turn things around for my beanie baby investments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

nexous posted:

just wanna say Ted Lasso is as good a TV show as Biden is bad a president

I loved the first season and the second season bounced back like a rock on tar, especially the Christmas episode