Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Radirot posted:

i too live under a rock and watch nothing.

gently caress your TV and your advertisements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Captain Magic posted:

I loved the first season and the second season bounced back like a rock on tar, especially the Christmas episode

not for everyone, much like presidents

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

fuckin crash already

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

poisonpill posted:

Serious question: uhhh should I sell my stocks

Serious answer: no, unless your stocks are for some reason monies you need in the next few years.

Money printing and hand waiving and God punishing us means this will probably be another normal-ish crisis. Thus the correct personal finance answer will probably be to hold your stocks and buy more through the crisis, as usual.

This is financial advice!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Sell them now so you got more ammo to buy the dip

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
sell your stocks and send me the profits

Yudo
May 15, 2003

FRC not looking good premarket.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I don't know anything about ted lasso and I plan on keeping it that way

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Azuth0667 posted:

gently caress your TV and your advertisements.

The only TV you need is Bloomberh and CNBC.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yudo posted:

FRC not looking good premarket.

Individual stocks don't start premarket trading until I think 4 AM EST.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Prediction: money printer solves the crisis of the rich crying about the lack of money printer

Life progressively gets worse for everyone slowly

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

European futures seem down about 1%. Feel like they could be panicking more

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
yeah because it's a nothingburger

Yudo
May 15, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Individual stocks don't start premarket trading until I think 4 AM EST.

lol, thank you for the correction. I have never done premarket trading.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Yudo posted:

lol, thank you for the correction. I have never done premarket trading.

Ametur

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/GallupNews/status/1635975432947343369

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Weird how the servant class forced to become the PMC's & richies' literal whipping boys of the pandemic have the highest rate of saying that there's no return to normal!

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

poisonpill posted:

I sold my stocks right before everything looked like it was going to implode at the very beginning of covid, and then they turned the money printers on full blast and I missed out on one of the biggest bull runs in history and got owned.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I sold my stocks right before everything looked like it was going to implode at the very beginning of covid, and then they turned the money printers on full blast and I missed out on one of the biggest bull runs in history and got owned.

:owned:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

poisonpill posted:

no

unless you have it in tesla or facebook or something stupid that's ridiculously overinflated (more than normal) then in which case, yes

politicans/feds/etc have tied their performance to DOW. bigger DOW = better the president. doesn't matter how high unemployment, homeless, and starving people are, as long as DOW = up; president = good. generally don't expect stocks to go down below 2019-levels but a lot of the insane bull bubble of 2020-2022 is popping but that's just because like gobs of trillions of dollars went into.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
nothin' much, ted lasso you?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Doomsday Economics: Do not sell your stocks

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Prediction: money printer solves the crisis of the rich crying about the lack of money printer

Life progressively gets worse for everyone slowly

That would be 2020-2023 repeated where everything doubles in value again, the stock market sees historic unbelievable gains nobody can really even pretend to explain with any realistic economic models and Bitcoin hits $140,000. There will be literal murders at stores that put out pokemon cards because some common cards are now worth $5,000.

House prices probably wouldn't matter at that point because when you are already at $10,000 a month mortgages for normal houses it no longer matters to 99% of society if it goes to $20,000 a month or $30,000 a month.

No rational person will claim the housing market is sustainable or sensible at this point so maybe trying to charge $3,000 a month for studio apartments really will break something unfixable somewhere.

poisonpill posted:

If you actually have stocks and trade and stuff you should be careful about doing anything. Anyone selling in early 2020 when the market looked like we were going to have the Big One we had been putting off got loving destroyed by the money printers. You don't want to get psyched up by any one source like this thread. For all we know the government will put out a bill declaring the stock market starts at 100,000. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 00:59 on Mar 20, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
But have you considered trading your stocks in for some magic beans?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

define "normal"

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

DancingShade posted:

But have you considered trading your stocks in for some magic beans?

yes, actually

if anyone has magic beans lmk

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

poisonpill posted:

Lol stocks are going to go up. They're going to have to make new numbers to describe how high stock prices are

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Basic Poster posted:

lol super smart of me to move everything into a fidelity corp bond account last month. At least I can always fall back on crimes.

please don’t do things like this in a rising interest rate / inflationary environment.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

quote:

Flagstar Bank to Assume Signature Bridge Bank Deposits, FDIC Says
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said Sunday it entered into a "purchase and assumption" agreement for nearly all deposits and certain loan portfolios of Signature Bridge Bank by Flagstar Bank, a subsidiary of New York Community Bancorp.

* The 40 former branches of Signature Bank will operate under Flagstar Bank on Monday, the FDIC said.
* Branches will open during their normal business hours.
* Signature customers should continue to use their current branch until notified that full-service banking is available at Flagstar branches, the FDIC said.

"Depositors of Signature Bridge Bank, N.A., other than depositors related to the digital banking business, will automatically become depositors of the assuming institution," the FDIC said in a statement.

Signature Bank was closed by regulators last weekend following Silicon Valley Bank's collapse. It became the third largest bank failure in U.S. history.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/stock-market-news-today-03-20-2023

referencing https://www.fdic.gov/news/press-releases/2023/pr23021.html

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

That would be 2020-2023 repeated where everything doubles in value again, the stock market sees historic unbelievable gains nobody can really even pretend to explain with any realistic economic models and Bitcoin hits $140,000. There will be literal murders at stores that put out pokemon cards because some common cards are now worth $5,000.

House prices probably wouldn't matter at that point because when you are already at $10,000 a month mortgages for normal houses it no longer matters to 99% of society if it goes to $20,000 a month or $30,000 a month.

No rational person will claim the housing market is sustainable or sensible at this point so maybe trying to charge $3,000 a month for studio apartments really will break something unfixable somewhere.

If you actually have stocks and trade and stuff you should be careful about doing anything. Anyone selling in early 2020 when the market looked like we were going to have the Big One we had been putting off got loving destroyed by the money printers. You don't want to get psyched up by any one source like this thread. For all we know the government will put out a bill declaring the stock market starts at 100,000. Nothing makes sense anymore.

appreciate the warning. I definitely try to get a wide variety of opinions, and when it comes to the economy, doomerpilled marxists seem to call it as well as anybody

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > [doomsday economics] Depositors (other than depositors related to the digital banking business) will automatically become depositors of the assuming institution

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Holding cash other than a normal float is the last thing I'd want as money printer go burr overclocks and inflation goes up a gear. Ideally you want something that will retain relative value over time. Something solid. Reliable.

Like funko pops of beanie babies.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

err posted:

define "normal"

Playing Russian Roulette for hustle cash.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm sticking with treasury bills because the near future looks much more likely to be bad than good, and they already tried the Money Printer Strategy. next move is to cut fire breaks and let some sectors burn down, or do some wild rear end poo poo we assume they're too stupid to attempt.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

err posted:

define "normal"

Getting rid of reservation system at Disneyland

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

webcams for christ posted:

lol now they're doing it in Schwyzertüütsch, after having already done it in Hochdeutsch

I'm just wondering if they'll at least do it in Italian

lol i thought i was having a small stroke before i picked up what these words were

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol we are going to get our $10,000 judgment from our ex-landlady and then hyperinflation is going to kick in isn't it?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hey that'll be, like, 4 dozen eggs;

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
buy bitcoins (and bullets)

edit: well I guess like a percentage of a coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007