Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The reddit is great, lots of people heroically stopping women getting a free bag of diapers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

vyelkin posted:

I liked the one that was a machine that squeezed a bag of juice into a glass for you, for the bargain price of $500

Someone did a funny tear down of that thing expecting it to be a $30 gizmo with a huge markup. They were horrified to realize there really was $500 worth of parts in there because it was an over-engineered and over-built monstrosity.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

McCracAttack posted:

Someone did a funny tear down of that thing expecting it to be a $30 gizmo with a huge markup. They were horrified to realize there really was $500 worth of parts in there because it was an over-engineered and over-built monstrosity.

more importantly, the mechanism was like a stamping plate for the bag of slurry which was an expensive and ineffective alternative to a device which would roll the bag up. even though it was more powerful than a human arm, the average person could juice the slurry bag much more easily than the machine could

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

this just means the people stealing eggs, bread, and rice have lots of practice

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i posated thisin another thread but there is a subreddit dedicated to being paul blart and its some of the most deranged poo poo i have ever read

https://www.reddit.com/r/lossprevention/

rent-a-cops gave themselves their own "thin purple line" flag for "security personnel" lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

new grocery store opened up that sells 30 eggs for 7.50.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

does anyone buy those jugs full of pre-scrambled eggs? are they cheaper than the real thing?

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

everybody enjoying the March 2023 menu update??? now with only 4 ingredients????!?????

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
you can juice up to 3 slurry bags

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

It was actually like $900 BoM iirc not even including labor, shipping, etc. The squeezy plate was like a hand-turned aluminum billet piece or something absurd like that? They were taking a massive loss on every single one of those fuckers.

It was also beautiful, like the perfect embodiment of bag-squeezing technological excess. The Singer Porsche of a squeezing a bag full of juice.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

JustFollowingOrder posted:

everybody enjoying the March 2023 menu update??? now with only 4 ingredients????!?????

It is like late 80s Romania but you got to be upper middle class to afford it.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

does anyone buy those jugs full of pre-scrambled eggs? are they cheaper than the real thing?

You talking about Just Egg? Highly recommend avoiding that poo poo

Griz
May 21, 2001

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

that poo poo's not even real eggs, I assume they meant the cartons of egg whites

those cost a bit more than normal eggs but it's worth it if you're doing some recipe that needs a ton of egg whites and don't want to separate them yourself

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

this

just egg is just moong dal + spices for a 20x markup

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think i'm talking about just pasteurized and blended eggs that are still liquid. you can pretty much only make them scrambled or as omelettes

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

The Oldest Man posted:

It was also beautiful, like the perfect embodiment of bag-squeezing technological excess. The Singer Porsche of a squeezing a bag full of juice.

wasn’t that the bit? market it as a luxury lifestyle brand and get wealthy suburbanites hooked?

Griz
May 21, 2001

i think i'm talking about just pasteurized and blended eggs that are still liquid. you can pretty much only make them scrambled or as omelettes

are there any whole egg products like that? all I can find is egg whites and "liquid egg product" (wegmans) / "egg makers" (walmart) which are just egg whites with food coloring and vitamins

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I remember eating it every morning in boot camp. maybe that stuff was chock full of sawdust

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i got some eggs you can suck out of a small pipe

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

aight but I ain't gonna pay for 'em

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wtf

Griz
May 21, 2001

I remember eating it every morning in boot camp. maybe that stuff was chock full of sawdust

army food uses frozen whole eggs thawed on demand since they go bad in 2 days otherwise, I can't find anywhere to buy that besides restaurant supply stores in like 30lb buckets. powdered whole eggs exist but cost like $1 per egg-equivalent

https://quartermaster.army.mil/jccoe/publications/recipes/section_f/F01000.pdf

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
every store has producs like "egg beaters" which are eggs but in a milk carton thing

https://www.eggbeaters.com/products/

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The US army is going to be advetising "3 hots and a cot" at this point.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
seeing the big sysco truck roll up to my school cafeteria excites me for the highest quality ingredients im about to enjoy

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

is this an AI generated recipe

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
my car got totaled awhile back and i haven't been able to get a new one so i've had to use instacart for awhile and i'm a pretty routine shopper so watching my regular grocery bill nearly double over 18 months is a real "rofl, lmfao" bit of scrolling

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

smarxist posted:

my car got totaled awhile back and i haven't been able to get a new one so i've had to use instacart for awhile and i'm a pretty routine shopper so watching my regular grocery bill nearly double over 18 months is a real "rofl, lmfao" bit of scrolling

Instacart prices have like a 20-30% mark up over in store prices on top of the delivery fee and tip. Its probably close to break even to rent a car and get groceries yourself, plus you now have a car for a day to run other errands

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Also in chicken news, chicken thighs are $1.29/lb here, with skinless boneless chicken thighs costing a whopping $3.50/lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are down to $2.00/lb. Ground beef is an absurd $3.99/lb for 85%. I stocked up on chicken and got enough ground beef for a nice bolognese, but chili and hamburgers are going to have to wait until beef prices come down a bit (so never, lol)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chicken skin loving rules

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

What kind of things do you do with chicken skin? Bones are straightforward, you save up a couple and make stock, but what do you do with skin?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

What kind of things do you do with chicken skin? Bones are straightforward, you save up a couple and make stock, but what do you do with skin?

you eat it like taffy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

you eat it like taffy

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Nix Panicus posted:

it crisps up when you cook the chicken if thats a serious question

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

not if you boil it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

put the skin in the stock pot too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010