Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

1stGear posted:

Gonna make a hot take here: wearing the flesh of another human being is wrong, even if it's Hitler's flesh.

But someone had already made Hitler into a coat, my wearing it does not cause the death of any further Hitlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

some plague rats posted:

But someone had already made Hitler into a coat, my wearing it does not cause the death of any further Hitlers

But if someone sees your lovely Hitlerskin coat, they might want their own and they might starting breeding Hitlers and god that'd be a huge mess.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I just don't understand the point of all this when vegan hitlerskin looks just as good.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Whenever there's a zoo tragedy and the animal has to be immediately euthanized before a person gets hurt I immediately think "okay, well, who gets the pelt here?" Do they just let it go to waste or what happens?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Aramek posted:

Whenever there's a zoo tragedy and the animal has to be immediately euthanized before a person gets hurt I immediately think "okay, well, who gets the pelt here?" Do they just let it go to waste or what happens?

It feels gross to think of harvesting the euthanized creature for its pelt, organs, etc. but it feels more gross not to.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

1stGear posted:

But if someone sees your lovely Hitlerskin coat, they might want their own and they might starting breeding Hitlers and god that'd be a huge mess.

Soon we'll have the technology for lab-grown Hitler skin and the increased supply will make the market will just explode. Go bigger than mere Hitlerskin jackets -- think shoes with 100%-Hitler uppers, Hitler armor for renfaire types, and Hitler-wrapped steering wheels.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Powered Descent posted:

Soon we'll have the technology for lab-grown Hitler skin and the increased supply will make the market will just explode. Go bigger than mere Hitlerskin jackets -- think shoes with 100%-Hitler uppers, Hitler armor for renfaire types, and Hitler-wrapped steering wheels.

Hitler armor would be terrible he was notorious for his thin skin

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
It's been a while since I saw The Boys from Brazil, guess I forgot the Hitlerskin plot points.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Captain Monkey posted:

Libertarian spotted.

What is it about not wanting to watch movies about awkward teens that makes someone a libertarian?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

credburn posted:

Suppose instead of a vintage diamond it was a Nazi lampshade

edit: well, that's actually kind of a lovely argument. What I was trying to articulate is that there must be a cutoff where the damage done is so abhorrent that anything made from it is itself abhorrent.

this might be a hot take but I don't think a lampshade can be a nazi, or an adherent of any ideology for that matter

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

christmas boots posted:

this might be a hot take but I don't think a lampshade can be a nazi, or an adherent of any ideology for that matter

who are you, to claim to know the inner life of a lampshade?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

What is it about not wanting to watch movies about awkward teens that makes someone a libertarian?

It's a joke about how they don't like it when they come of age.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Over the course of creating One Piece, Eiichiro Oda gets extremely good at drawing women.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Aramek posted:

It's a joke about how they don't like it when they come of age.

drat, ok that was a solid response.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If you've found the right Linux distribution, there shouldn't be a need to distrohop. If you're distrohopping a half dozen times, you're probably doing it wrong.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

If you've found the right Linux distribution, there shouldn't be a need to distrohop. If you're distrohopping a half dozen times, you're probably doing it wrong.

Just use Debian. It's stable, and apt is wonderful.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I had a hitlerskin hat, but it was kind of useless and kept letting the rain in.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Bucket posted:

I had a hitlerskin hat, but it was kind of useless and kept letting the rain in.

Too much rain soaks right through, it's only really useful for showers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Thriller Bark is the best One Piece arc

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

Thriller Bark is the best One Piece arc

I disagree, and I’m not just saying that because I just got to a big moment in Marineford

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I disagree, and I’m not just saying that because I just got to a big moment in Marineford

Many many years ago my brother and I stayed up all night and watched the entire Marineford arc, we were completely exhausted and emotionally devastated.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

This new Super Mario Bros movie just looks like 'generic Dreamworks/Pixar movie with fart jokes' to me. No thanks.

Super Mario Bros. has always been for kids, but since at least Super Mario World it's gotten a bit too 'cute' for me. I prefer the time before Mario had the cartoony voiceovers.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This new Super Mario Bros movie just looks like 'generic Dreamworks/Pixar movie with fart jokes' to me. No thanks.

Super Mario Bros. has always been for kids, but since at least Super Mario World it's gotten a bit too 'cute' for me. I prefer the time before Mario had the cartoony voiceovers.

Mario didn't have cartoony voiceovers in World :confused:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I think Alabasta still has the crown for me. Some of it is nostalgia, I'm sure, but it's just drat good.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

credburn posted:

Mario didn't have cartoony voiceovers in World :confused:

No but that's when it started getting cute. The voice be in SM64, I think.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/mikefranchina_/status/1636238626920218625?s=20

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ah, the Ford Francis

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bill Burr sucks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I think most people here would agree that car-dependency is a bad thing, and the government should work to reduce it and make alternatives like mass transit, walking, and cycling easier and safer. But that would be a long term process, and even if the government set out to achieve it with sufficient funding and fervor, most of America would still be heavily car dependent for the next few years.

As such, we need to consider moves that could be taken now that use the existing infrastructure but still open up transit options other than driving a car. You probably have guessed where I'm going with this. We must legalize skitching.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Bill Burr sucks

Bill Burr is generally a really good standup imo, but he's not not on the fly funny or insightful. His podcast is painful to listen to and anytime he says something funny it seems like he's rehearsed it 100 times. I think he's legit good at his craft, but his reputation as some guy dropping hilarious truth bombs is dumb as hell because left to his own devices he's incapable of doing anything but whining about sports.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Miracle Whip is good and sometimes even preferable to real mayo depending on the sandwich vibe you're going for.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

prom candy posted:

Miracle Whip is good and sometimes even preferable to real mayo depending on the sandwich vibe you're going for.

Totally agreed. The only bad part is HFCS, and that's a matter of opinion (it's bad).

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Kewpie is the best mayo because it tastes more like Miracle Whip.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It would have been pretty cool if Finn had been the main character of the new Star Wars movies

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's sad that is an unpopular opinion throughout most of the internet.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

prom candy posted:

Miracle Whip for cold sandwiches and Mayo for hot sandwiches

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Gripweed posted:

It would have been pretty cool if Finn had been the main character of the new Star Wars movies

Why though? The character is nothing but the concept of cult deprogramming, which was finished in the first ten minutes of the first sequel film.

After that he's just "generic panting dude" with nothing much to recommend him. No interesting twists or significant character development. The actor ain't great either, though that doesn't matter in a child's space fairy tale I guess, especially considering his costars

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Attack The Block was awesome, Boyega was just handed a lovely character

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
it was a decent enough movie but nothing tops the Adam and Joe show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Manager Hoyden posted:

Why though? The character is nothing but the concept of cult deprogramming, which was finished in the first ten minutes of the first sequel film.

After that he's just "generic panting dude" with nothing much to recommend him. No interesting twists or significant character development. The actor ain't great either, though that doesn't matter in a child's space fairy tale I guess, especially considering his costars

Man you do understand that I’m suggesting they should have done more with the character than they did, right? Like, that they did so little with him after the second third of the first movie is the thing I’m saying wasn’t good.

But then you say you think John Boyega is a bad actor so it makes sense you don’t get it.