Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Now that Thread is easier to get, are there any E.G.Os worth leveling now that it's not such a large investment of a limited resource?

I have Meur's gacha ego at uptie 3 so far and thats it.

I would say stand outs, discounting Mersault's Pursuance, are Faust's Fluid Sac from the paid battle pass, Sinclair's Impending Day from the free battle pass and both of Gregor's gacha EGOs.

Faust's is an AOE attack/heal with a passive that grants 2 protection to your lowest HP character each turn. Its main weakness is the relatively large cost.

Sinclair's gives a passive that gives you 5 sin resource each time you kill an enemy which is great for keeping EGOs going.

Gregor's Legerdemain is alternate Zayin allowing you to change his starting resistances and is also an overall improvement. It has an AOE attack and the passive provides a steady source of bleeding instead of the RNG nature of his base Zayin. Lantern gives you a decent source of on demand healing.

Beyond that it's based on whatever characters you use. EGO's are a good way for you to change your character's weaknesses. For example the chapter 3 boss only uses wrath and lust type attacks, so the ability to remove fatal weaknesses to those is very useful. A lot of the EGOs have specific uses such as for tremor status or sin weaknesses, but it's probably too early at this point to build anything around that, though the overclocks next month might open things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I mean, a lot of that depends on who you have. There's a few IDs I'd tell you to avoid uptying unless you really like the character or you're really desperate for more variety in mirror dungeon team comps because their gimmicks don't really work well, but a lot of it comes down to who do you have that can fit into a cool team comp and leveling up the ones who can.

(For the record, I mostly mean that for stuff like "all the W Corp cleanup crew besides Don gain Charge too slowly for that to matter" or "Shi Section 5 has no way to lower HP without everyone being half dead and stuck in a death spiral, so only level most of them if they seem fine without the HP requirement and Heathcliff's abilities may as well be blank". You know, the stuff that just doesn't feel like it does anything.)

EDIT: Also, Legerdemain's from the battle pass.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Shi Heathcliff's T3 skill lowers his HP on use.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Junpei posted:

Which kind of fits when you think about it. Heathcliff, the bundle of repressed rage, is a highly visible ninja in that identity. Dude straight up has a line in one of the ID's where he says that if everyone that saw him is dead it still counts as stealthy, so there's no reason not to just go full berserker, right?

Dude is straight up rolling the Steiner Scout Lance/Hitman 3 "no civilians left alive means perfect stealth" tactic in combat. :v:

But yeah, don't rank him up first. If you have any of the heavy hitters they'd be a better choice.

As for ego, when ranked up Impending Day can add more resources on kill. Not sure how precisely it works since it's a passive but since ranking up probably increases damage it's a good pick either way if you plan on using it to finish off enemies and not just automatically win a clash. More damage means more of a chance to kill on hit which means it's easier to get a bunch more ego resources to combo other ego attacks off of. Practically speaking, rank two Impending Day is a builder/logistical ego which in most games like this means it's a potential foundational skill for spamming special abilities and as far as I know it's the only one of it's type available at release so that's another reason to rank it up.

Also, Impending Day includes a group heal, which is huge for nastier fights and may be important in the future so long as you can soak the SP cost to it. It's also on the BP for free, meaning so long as you play regularly you don't have to grind out to get it on the dispense menu or whale for it.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 20, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Junpei posted:

And he needs to lose 3/4 of his health for two thirds of his kit to do anything. The problem with the bonus-at-low-health half of Shi Section 5 identities is that you're only realistically reaching them if they've already been staggered a few times, and if you've had units take that much damage you're in one of two positions. 1) You're in the middle of a death spiral and the enemies are just beating your rear end. 2) You've managed to wear them down as they were wearing you down and you can clutch out a win. The buffs they get generally aren't enough to bring you out of a death spiral by themselves, and most of the time you'd be in a better position when you're that beat up if you just had someone whose skills did more before they got beaten half to death by the enemies.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I should probably use these 10 enkephalin boxes and 48 modules and counting but it feels so wrong to waste them before we get the conversion for the Luxes and the mini-Event which rewards you for spending Enkephalin, and even then who knows if I'll need them for Hell's Chicken, and then...

*proceeds to never spends them*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jossar posted:

Don Quixote - Read part of it, summary of the rest. - Seems pretty accurate, Chapters 2 and 3 showing the mask crack a little makes me wonder how much Alonso Quijano (the underlying nobleman) there really is to our Don Quixote

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I won't be satisfied until I can press the boundary of death button., 4 + 1 50 coin

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The thing I really like about Chapter 3 is that once you get past the K Corp prologue and into the stuff with Nagel proper, it honestly starts to feel like the team's... bonding? becoming more comfortable and caring for each other?

Like, you have Heathcliff, who straight up goes "Hey, I know I like to call you clockface, but these guys are nuts and I don't think you're inhuman because of your head." Gregor and Rodion go overtime on being caring for Sinclair during all of this. Hong Lu shows some tact and kindness when they encounter Saude in the dungeon. Outis asks to help give Effie a painless death, seemingly unprompted. Don Quixote's methods are a little extreme but she does help snap Sinclair out of it outside his house.

Like, they aren't necessarily a fully gelled unit or anything but they are slowly getting there.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
My strategy for the shark was to pick a whole team of IDs with blunt resistance (I did Liu Greg, Liu Meursalt, LCCB Ishmael, 0 Heath and 0 Outis (okay outis is actually fatal to blunt but I couldn't find a fifth resistant ID)
Then spend the first two turns just barely even attempting to clash and eating unopposed attacks on the chin while bum-rushing for the tail break and then a leg stagger. The legs regenerate to full one turn after they break but the tail dies permanently.

After that point it's pretty straightforward. With a leg staggered/broken it loses the 2 skill slots from that side, so with only 3-4 attacks left so you can clash everything dangerous while pumping plenty of damage into the opposite leg. Then next turn the left leg will unstagger or regenerate or whatever but you've staggered the right leg so it's right back to the same situation. Then it's just a matter of alternating left-right-left-right for the rest of the fight, and saving EGOs to clash its blood cannon.

Also keep in mind that daily thread/exp stages let you bring support units, unlike mirror dungeons. I don't actually own Liu Meursalt but hey he has "ineff (0.5x)" blunt resist and synergizes great with my best buddy Firegreg.

edit: actually I think the pattern was stagger left -> break left -> stagger right -> break right. not exactly sure how this limb regeneration works... it would help if I could read the passives.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 20, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

edit: actually I think the pattern was stagger left -> break left -> stagger right -> break right. not exactly sure how this limb regeneration works... it would help if I could read the passives.

For Abnormalities, you can read each Passive once it triggers. Knowledge is pain plus observation, indeed.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Well I killed icthys three times and on the last run all 3 passives were still greyed out.
The ebony queen from yesterday did reveal her "after it is destroyed, the 'apple' part applies fragility on all other body parts and then regenerates next turn" passive the first time the apple regenerated so idk what's up.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Well I killed icthys three times and on the last run all 3 passives were still greyed out.
The ebony queen from yesterday did reveal her "after it is destroyed, the 'apple' part applies fragility on all other body parts and then regenerates next turn" passive the first time the apple regenerated so idk what's up.

Yeah, the passives don't appear when you kill the abnormality - they appear when each individual passive activates.

If that doesn't happen, I think it's just a bug. :lobcorp:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I suspect it is tied to destroying the body. Which seems the hardest to do but is destructible like the tail.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Quackles posted:

Yeah, the passives don't appear when you kill the abnormality - they appear when each individual passive activates.

If that doesn't happen, I think it's just a bug. :lobcorp:

Yeah the instantly regenerating limbs are clearly a passive of some kind but it's bugged and not being revealed.

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022

Lord_Magmar posted:

I suspect it is tied to destroying the body. Which seems the hardest to do but is destructible like the tail.

On one of my fights today I broke the body and the remaining sinners targeting it got staggered instantly when approaching, but all the passves were still grayed out, so the passives of it might not be being revealed in general, likely a bug.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Level 30 fish seems to be a battle of figuring out how to balance damage intake with breaking the tail and then just chain staggering parts over time.

And eventually you get bored, hit Damage auto and just kill it before it blood lasers you to death. OSHARE gaming. :getin:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Nick Buntline posted:

i think my favorite Meursault picture is the ending of chapter 1, where everyone is varying levels of angry and depressed except for Meursault, who's just sitting perfectly still in his seat hyperfocused on staring straight ahead, having very clearly switched into "this is the appropriate way to sit on a bus" mode with absolutely no concern for anything else that's going on.

the cutscene artist's dead-eyed stare for him never fails to make me laugh when it pops up in the background, sincerely hope they keep it going

So I have been digging into some of the game's images (because the internals are quite exposed), and I found one thing I absolutely have to share.

There's the Canto II scene before we push Sinclair up onto the sacrificial Mariachi altar, where everybody is discussing who can dance or play an instrument, right?

It turns out there is an alternate version of that scene's image where everybody is still in full Tingtang regalia, and I have some THINGS TO SAY ABOUT IT.

1- Ryoshu, fairly true to the events of the chapter, still has her normal shirt under her disguise.
2- Rodya and Dante are the only two who aren't in blue or green shirts: With Ryoshu sitting out this means they could captain a 5v5 game of some kind. :v:
3- Most of these faces are exactly the same, but Meursault's has been redrawn between the two, and most importantly...
4- MEURSAULT'S SHIRT IS INSIDE OUT. He wants to be so cleanly generic and unperceived that he has flipped it inverse to hide the hawaiian styling: The seams and stitching are visible!

TL;DR I absolutely love Project Moon and the attention to weird little character quirks they put into everything they do. What a good vibe.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Beat Kromer on my second try, with Lobcorb Faust, W Corp Don Quixote, and default Ryoshu, Sinclair and Outis. I feel bad for every identity with bad attack growth, because at the rate things are going I'll never, ever use them in difficult content.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
Honorable Rip Space
All dice on this page roll either min or max. On max roll, all other dice on the page gain power by the range.
[On Use] Spend up to 10 charge. If at least 10 charge was spent, raise the max value of all dice by 4; otherwise, lose 20% of max HP.
1-3 slash
1-3 slash
1-3 slash
1-3 slash
1-3 slash

hey guys look its your favorite skill don quixote rip space

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 20, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
ID's with bad attack growths usually have better HP, defense and Stagger thresholds to make up for it. N corp Meursault is the poster-boy for this, with a 0.68 growth giving his attacks an anemic 32 attack at level 30, but in exchange the guy has a 42 defense, 198 hp, and he doesn't stagger until at minimum 99 of those have been hacked through (and this goes down over time due to his skills).

Rodya's Kurokumo ID falls somewhere in the middle of the two extremes with a 0.74 being... decent, and getting her a 35 (but nowhere near the 40+ of everyone else), and in exchange she's got 172 HP with 33 defense.

And then there's Kurokumo Ryoshu and Tingtang Hong Lu, who both have decent growths (getting a 38 total power at 30), but lack defense and have kinda mid HP, but just gets really, really good coins on Skills 2 and 3 to justify everything.

Basically what I'm saying is everyone has their uses, and it's about mixing them to make a good goulash imo.

DuoRogue posted:

Honorable Rip Space
All dice on this page roll either min or max. On max roll, all other dice on the page gain power by the range.
[On Use] Spend all charge. If 10 charge was spent, raise the max value of all dice by 4; otherwise, lose 20% of max HP.
1-3 slash
1-3 slash
1-3 slash
1-3 slash
1-3 slash

hey guys look its your favorite skill don quixote rip space

ps. please change this to 'at least 10 charge,' I would not like my Warp Don to explode from having Rabbit Charge Powers.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

fixed to be more accurate, i forgot that she gets up to 20 charge and still only spends 10

as a bonus:

Sinner escaped from hell | In a clash, both characters die gains minimum and maximum value by all other dice on that page, and that die recycles on clash win. No damage or stagger damage is dealt or taken during clashes, and die abilities do not activate.

now you can have limbus clashing anywhere in ruina!

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 20, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TeeQueue posted:

ID's with bad attack growths usually have better HP, defense and Stagger thresholds to make up for it. N corp Meursault is the poster-boy for this, with a 0.68 growth giving his attacks an anemic 32 attack at level 30, but in exchange the guy has a 42 defense, 198 hp, and he doesn't stagger until at minimum 99 of those have been hacked through (and this goes down over time due to his skills).

Rodya's Kurokumo ID falls somewhere in the middle of the two extremes with a 0.74 being... decent, and getting her a 35 (but nowhere near the 40+ of everyone else), and in exchange she's got 172 HP with 33 defense.

And then there's Kurokumo Ryoshu and Tingtang Hong Lu, who both have decent growths (getting a 38 total power at 30), but lack defense and have kinda mid HP, but just gets really, really good coins on Skills 2 and 3 to justify everything.

Basically what I'm saying is everyone has their uses, and it's about mixing them to make a good goulash imo.

ps. please change this to 'at least 10 charge,' I would not like my Warp Don to explode from having Rabbit Charge Powers.

LCCB Ishmael manages significantly worse attack than Inqisiteursalt, 29 at level 30. But to make up for it she also has uh.. worse hp, defense, stagger thresholds, and a lower min bound on Speed.

OK the real answer is that her skill 2 and 3 (plus ego passive) are really good. But her actual raw stats are terrible.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Cleared chapter 3. The last fight was pretty cool. No one died, but it got close when Gregor hosed a coin flip. Anyway, I am now patiently waiting for the event to see how it'll shake out coming from PM.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

TeeQueue posted:

Yeah I have found that barring particularly terrible numbers across the board, even IDs that seem to have "bad" stats usually fill a niche or perform outside of expectations.

Also people tend to lump all single-coin skills under one umbrella when honestly there are a lot of outliers that are either significantly more consistent or just scale better. Shove and Sole Strike aren't doing a ton (although they're still not blanks), but memes aside Mutilate, Overbreathe, and other high-value one hit wonders can do a lot of work if you're taking risks intelligently.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I do perhaps think there are some identities that need a bit of a do over though

*Cough* *Cough* Base Quixote *Cough*

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

TeeQueue posted:

ID's with bad attack growths usually have better HP, defense and Stagger thresholds to make up for it.

I guess if my first strategy didn't work, I could have tried that with Kromer, but it did. You really need to win clashes in her first phase!

Edit: What are the niches for Yi Sang's identities? I don't have his Blade Lineage fully uptied, and I don't really know how to use the other two to their fullest.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 20, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1637770162412855296/photo/3
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1637771733540413440?cxt=HHwWgIDRjdytxLotAAAA
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1637772820880199680?cxt=HHwWgMDUtYHtxLotAAAA

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

oh hey, I was expecting teamwide charge support to take a lot longer to come out. That said if you want to use that passive probably only run one other charge identity... probably best to just treat it like a bonus.

ok, if you're running a full charge team (except rabbit heathcliff, who doesnt count as a charge identity), you have 9 envy skills across four sinners. Warp don has 1 (s3), both meursault and faust have 3 (s1), and ishmael has 2 (s2). in an abno battle, this means that getting 2 charge off the passive is reasonable; in a longer, wave based one, I could see 4 or 5.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 20, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I'm really hoping the EGO gives Don 11 charge so you can immediately go into Rip Space.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

ok, if you're running a full charge team (except rabbit heathcliff, who doesnt count as a charge identity)

What do you mean, Rabbit Heathcliff doesn't count? Part of his kit includes using charge, he just doesn't really need a lot of it. His first skill generates charge, and his active passive uses it to buff himself on 5+ charge.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Marluxia posted:

What do you mean, Rabbit Heathcliff doesn't count? Part of his kit includes using charge, he just doesn't really need a lot of it. His first skill generates charge, and his active passive uses it to buff himself on 5+ charge.

he's the only identity that doesnt spend charge at all. And also would screw up my numbers since he wants wrath, not envy.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I really like that there's a Direct Synergy EGO like this.

It does raise a little bit of a question, though--we're obviously getting more R-Corp IDs at some point (Outis definitely deserves the commander position), but who's going to get the Rhino? I don't feel like they'd give Meursault another charge-based tank ID already, and my second pick would've been Heathcliff who's already a Rabbit. Rodya, maybe?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The Lord of Hats posted:

I really like that there's a Direct Synergy EGO like this.

It does raise a little bit of a question, though--we're obviously getting more R-Corp IDs at some point (Outis definitely deserves the commander position), but who's going to get the Rhino? I don't feel like they'd give Meursault another charge-based tank ID already, and my second pick would've been Heathcliff who's already a Rabbit. Rodya, maybe?

Rhino Gregor could work. He gets tank identities after all. Also Rhinocerous beetle.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

rhino gregor has been shown off already in prerelease, and gregor shows up in ishmael's UT1 art.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Rabbit Ryōshū and Rhino Gregor both show up in Reindeer Ishmael's base art.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm still unsure if Rabbit Heathcliff's T1 art has Don or Sinclair in the background, and Hong Lu or Rodion in the foreground.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Heath's support skill is interesting. As long as it doesn't require a 4+ chain it's probably the best general-use support skill in the game -- unconditional free extra damage for any team!

Also wow Faust applying teamwide buffs on her skill 3 is really good...
Although it's an on-kill effect and those are kinda meh / win-more at the moment since by the time you can reliably proc it you probably don't need any help winning the fight. (Same for Mutilate and Impending Day tbh)
However that should change a lot with the addition of the railway. Also good for abnos with adds like the doomsday clock or pink shoes robot.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

I imagine "additional" nails requires nails to be applied in the first place. but I could always be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Neet Faust's passive seems REALLY good in a full N Corp team. It's not currently possible even if you grab both her and Heath, but 4/5 chance of giving someone Fanatic at the start of the combat phase seems REALLY good, actually worth intentionally going for the passive. In general fielding all 4 of the current N Corp crew seems like it would lead to some insane synergies going on, with the obvious downside of not having any green juice generation. Probably fill in the last slot with Kurokumo Ryoshu if you have her since she can help with the bleeds and has decent green generation.