Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The fighters against communism are truly the most noble of us and deserve every privilege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:hai:

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

Aren't sailors paid off in chili mac and Taco Tuesdays?

Chili Mac is a marine thing, we get taco Tuesday and burger Friday.

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

I need you, a black man, to fix the prejusice and hate against you, expressed by other people, before commenting on the corresponding situation in my home country.

Just stop the racism, bro, pull yourself up already

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
You guys are getting mad at him for saying 90% of roma lynchings are justified, but ukraine's trying to get into the EU right now so he's gotta appeal to european sensibilities

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

xiaoren posted:

I need you, a black man, to fix the prejusice and hate against you, expressed by other people, before commenting on the corresponding situation in my home country.

Just stop the racism, bro, pull yourself up already

Can Terrell J. Starr bridge the divide?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/nicholasguyatt/status/1637840296569438215?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

30.5 Days posted:

You guys are getting mad at him for saying 90% of roma lynchings are justified, but ukraine's trying to get into the EU right now so he's gotta appeal to european sensibilities

Brussels: 90% is a little high

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

lobster shirt posted:

ukraine/russia war: i condemn lynchings of gypsies, but they are justified in 90% of them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why didn’t Xi arrest Putin ???

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

yeah i can't speak for the wider world but what happened here on SA is basically every d&d lib instantly undid any theoretical growth they did. I remember 2005 era d&d with all the puppy avatars and 'leftists' explaining why national health care could never work in a country like the US. It was bad. And I think the easiest explanation is almost all of these people never changed at all, they just put a weird mask on around the Obama era. This war just let them take it off and they're all posting like its 2005 again and the Iraq war was loving cool, lets fundraise for body armour

only it's worse and they're just knowingly buying weapons for nazis and having their names put on artillery shells, they've regressed

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Hromadske/status/1637754101676089345

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/uawarinfo/status/1637871696697761802

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

January 6 Survivor posted:

"USSR back in the loving 1930s : sure we aren't perfect but you lynch people" : bad, whataboutism, awful terrible society
"Modern day Ukraine : we aren't perfect, our lynchings are justified only 90% of the time" : good, progress oriented, bulwark of western civilization

You can't just say all lynchings are bad. That's like racism.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Hromadske/status/1637892381453189120

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
lol
https://www.easternherald.com/2023/03/20/vladimir-putin-suddenly-appeared-on-screen-in-the-heart-of-london/

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

"The great war"? WW3 coming along nicely

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/AZgeopolitics/status/1637883884359524355

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

They didn't say higher or lower.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

these people should all be locked up in a cell in abu ghraib for whatever remains of their useless lives

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Aww that's cute. Seems like a nice date.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

What a gentleman. Nice to see chivalry is still alive, somewhere.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

what do they mean “self styled liberal”? those people seem to be authentic liberals

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

doing the shocked pikachu face when someone tells me a liberal is a piece of poo poo, pro war, racist, dedicated anti communist

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

I’m actually surprised there is a 20yo Ukrainian not at the front

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lmao. Now that's what i call centrism!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vomik posted:

I’m actually surprised there is a 20yo Ukrainian not at the front

Probably in germany or poland like the rest of the 20 year olds not at the front

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
middle class computer toucher diaspora

highly political

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

The Kurils have been not-Japanese longer than they were colonies of the Japanese empire. Their claim is as strong as America's to the Philippines.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

The Kurils have been not-Japanese longer than they were colonies of the Japanese empire. Their claim is as strong as America's to the Philippines.

Exactly. It is an ongoing injustice.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

some strange precursor civilisation left behind a series of fortress cities

we can't know who they were but they were very advanced

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/maria_drutska/status/1637903401018114049

https://twitter.com/ukrainewar24/status/1637920203362258945

Типичная Одесса posted:

Типичная Одесса posted:

(Click thum️bnail to open video)
⚡A drone was seen over Akkerman. It looks like a Russian drone.

But it might not be Russian.
🤷‍♂️
(from t.me/odessa_typical/26788, via tgsa)

It was these drones that landed today at Shkolny and it looks like they also flew into Crimea today.
They looked suspiciously like Russian drones, but were operated by the AFU.

These flights were test flights before the launch on Crimea.
(from t.me/odessa_typical/26805, via tgsa)

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 22:07 on Mar 20, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lol at them blowing a shop up and hurting 1 civilian followed by #armukaraine

they are so proud of hurting that 1 COLLABORATOR

i wonder if Russia has anything special in response to a massed attack on Crimea. Probably not at this point.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

A lot of the early posts said it was a Russian airfield or something that got hit. They were just a bit early to celebrate.

Honestly who knows, we'll know more later, everyone is rushing in with their hot takes for now.

Edit: This is supposed to be the Ukrainian intelligence take on it.

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1637921895365459970

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Mar 20, 2023

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

ironic that the international criminal court only prosecutes people from countries that aren't a part of the international community

The west must raid the third world for slaves to sacrifice on top of our glass pyramids - it is a ritual of symbolic replacement: by sacrificing wicked foreign kings and calling it justice we sublimate our desire to kill our own wicked western kings, who we know subconsciously will never face any justice for their many crimes... Foreign crimes are ogrish and self evident, ours are subtle and debatable.

Perhaps the west stands in a ritually extractive relationship to the third world similar to the civilised Maya city states to the rainforest dwellers (the garden and the jungle) There are certainly parallels of ecological collapse.

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 22:19 on Mar 20, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Lostconfused posted:

A lot of the early posts said it was a Russian airfield or something that got hit. They were just a bit early to celebrate.

Honestly who knows, we'll know more later, everyone is rushing in with their hot takes for now.

Edit: This is supposed to be the Ukrainian intelligence take on it.

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1637921895365459970

if true that's quite the strike for Ukraine

gonna need more proof than them just saying it through, guess the same goes for Russia saying they just exploded a shop and hurt some guy

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ZN.UA (Дзеркало тижня / Зеркало недели): новини України та світу, аналітика, інтерв'ю | Війна posted:

The Ukrainian military showed the "stuffing" of the Russian Lancet UAV - it contains American components.

In particular, the Jetson TX2 module from NVIDIA, which provides high speed and energy efficiency in a computing device.

And also the Xilinx Zynq SoC chip made in the USA. The markings on some of the processors were erased.

It is not known when Russia received these components. Despite tough sanctions, the aggressor country is still finding ways to deliver Western components for its weapons.

Photo: Pavlo Kashchuk

🚀Підписатися на ZN.UA
(from t.me/znua_live/85302, via tgsa)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

the only good thing is that those scrips will suck rear end.

Wolfsangel Warrior