Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I think at least 3 of the photos are rendered, the lighting is a little too flat and unrealistic. Respect though, the actual product is that level of clean...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Some white cars

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

It appears that the art of panel beating has not yet, in fact, died out.

Some extra color on that wide body jag from yesterday.The guy posted some panel beating photos today

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

:circlefap:

Insane.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Jesus. What a hero.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

It's not just the insane amount of trad bodywork, it's that the lines and proportions are right too. Strong big cat haunches vibes.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

BuckyDoneGun posted:

It's not just the insane amount of trad bodywork, it's that the lines and proportions are right too. Strong big cat haunches vibes.

The thing reminds me of a gigantic Ginetta, which itself looks like a tiny Jag.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Hachi machi

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I was also at the 12 Hours of Sebring this past weekend. All pictures were taken with a rented Nikon Z6 and the Nikon Z 24-120 f/4 S lens. There are more pictures to come.

I got to see a BMW in its natural habitat:

Here's some on-track action. I did not realize I needed to rent a proper telephoto lens until it was too late. I thought this camera + lens holds up okay to a crop.

Some other shots from walking around the IMSA paddock:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rally versions of sports cars/GTs are the best.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

I was also at the 12 Hours of Sebring this past weekend. All pictures were taken with a rented Nikon Z6 and the Nikon Z 24-120 f/4 S lens. There are more pictures to come.

I got to see a BMW in its natural habitat:

Here's some on-track action. I did not realize I needed to rent a proper telephoto lens until it was too late. I thought this camera + lens holds up okay to a crop.

Some other shots from walking around the IMSA paddock:

Good shots! I regret not bringing my good camera (although I don't have a long lens). I got some great for a phone shots though!

https://i.imgur.com/MfbGB04.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/QRQu9By.mp4

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

That one clearly has Audi Quattro S1 aspirations, on account of the number of headlights :P

Edit: Godzilla07 those pics are sick!

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Nice little gag here for the Aussies and Kiwis

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8VWCWBT/

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

If you zoom way in the lettering at the bottom of the door reveals the source of this fine beast: http://www.thekeenproject.com/view-leh-keens-25-custom-built-porsches-911s/

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Arishtat posted:

If you zoom way in the lettering at the bottom of the door reveals the source of this fine beast: http://www.thekeenproject.com/view-leh-keens-25-custom-built-porsches-911s/

That particular car is featured in GTA: Online and it's glorious. There's also a RWB 911 that can be configured as a 935. It's a good game for loving around in weird cars. The really good ones have customization options to mimic different vehicles, like the Nissan 89/92 that can also be a Jag, or the Sauber that can be a Porsche or Merc.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Nice little gag here for the Aussies and Kiwis

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8VWCWBT/

HAHAHAH that's awesome and a VP Commodore too :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nufToWGjhyw

The Vatenen Touch, 1980

Lots of sideways, lots of crashes, 100% pure Ari Vatenen

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Vehicle? Right thread.

Street racing? Wrong thread.

But this is about the vehicle...

https://twitter.com/youngskatina/status/1637674581921243136?t=w1KuvVwkSXlKIAN-NJNw7A&s=19

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Don’t need no full size truck no sir!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Vehicle? Right thread.

Street racing? Wrong thread.

But this is about the vehicle...

https://twitter.com/youngskatina/status/1637674581921243136?t=w1KuvVwkSXlKIAN-NJNw7A&s=19

General Li was right there.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Here are some street cars I took pictures of at Sebring.

The cleanest 1st gen Insight I've ever seen, with a cheeky license plate frame:

I saw this 2CV right before I saw the Insight, which is fitting:

500E!

991 GT3 Touring:

Sebring had the most VW campers of this gen I've ever seen in one place:

A V8 X7 owner running all-terrain tires and the smallest wheel setup that'll clear the brakes:

A modified Cayenne at the Hoonigan-Rotiform booth (the Diablo posted earlier was at the same booth):

Porsche guys buy your cars in real colors challenge (impossible):

A bunch of 911s in real colors:

I walked over to the Cadillac corral hoping to see a CTS-V wagon, and I found one:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

I saw this 2CV right before I saw the Insight, which is fitting:

Can't have been that many 2CVs there, this is probably the same one. I wanted to get a better angle, but the golf carts were in the way.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Finger Prince posted:

Can't have been that many 2CVs there, this is probably the same one. I wanted to get a better angle, but the golf carts were in the way.

for a split second i thought that RV was hooked up to the CV's roof like those old ads for them and I was extremely concerned

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

for a split second i thought that RV was hooked up to the CV's roof like those old ads for them and I was extremely concerned

Mission accomplished then!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Notably less awesome than the jag, but a dual flathead Ford speedster in progress.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I loving love that V8 BMW X7 that got rid of the rubber band tires it came with from the factory.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Cage posted:

I've been at this job 10 years, and I just noticed how delightfully random my coworkers travel mug is.

You find a good mug you keep it I guess.

I had no idea they made these and now I must have one. Your coworker is awesome, do they also drive one?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Franco Caution posted:

I loving love that V8 BMW X7 that got rid of the rubber band tires it came with from the factory.

I still don't love it, but I respect the owner. They definitely made the right decision there.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

JFC they kept the AWD???

I'd ask how but Ive already been involved in a project where AWD was unlikely so I think I can work it out. Awesooooome :D

Looks like RWD to me, I don't see any dirt flinging from the front tires. I reaaaaaaaaaally doubt the Subaru AWD system, as awesome as it is, could handle that kind of power for more than maybe a minute before every diff showed up on the I Do Cars channel as "we clearly have some external viewing windows installed here" commentary.

But fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me that's one hell of a build, that sound.... ngggghhhh.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 22, 2023

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

New Zealand can eat me posted:

I had no idea they made these and now I must have one. Your coworker is awesome, do they also drive one?
Nah they're on their 2nd corolla!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Let's go 😎

https://twitter.com/thealso/status/1638458316610232320?t=tFFTYruQUzuA2j8rsEtkYg&s=19

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rretskcNs11s1ddrj_720.mp4

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

STR posted:

Looks like RWD to me, I don't see any dirt flinging from the front tires. I reaaaaaaaaaally doubt the Subaru AWD system, as awesome as it is, could handle that kind of power for more than maybe a minute before every diff showed up on the I Do Cars channel as "we clearly have some external viewing windows installed here" commentary.

But fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me that's one hell of a build, that sound.... ngggghhhh.

It's absolutely still an AWD rally car

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Even better! I just didn't see it spitting dirt/rocks from the front tires, so I assumed they'd gone RWD. I'm stupid like that.

Never doubted it was still a proper rally car! I'm pretty sure I'd poo poo myself if I were copilot in that beast, just from the sound alone.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

To provide some fun context since the message is from an italian tuner, having a modded car in italy is a hefty fine, having a modded heavy quadricycle is an automatic impound and scrapping. You need to have a trusted mechanic for they biennial MOT tests or you will find yourself in a world of pain if the cops catch you.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Further additional context 70kph is 43mph in freedom units. They're speed limited to 28mph because of the classification they're sold under

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Hadlock posted:

Further additional context 70kph is 43mph in freedom units. They're speed limited to 28mph because of the classification they're sold under

Just to list a couple of famous french quadricycles and the legal tidbits around them.

Ami is a L6e only vehicle so the omologation restrictions are:

- Dry weight less or equal 350kg (without batteries for EVs)
- Maximum engine power less or equal 4kw
- Maximum speed less or equal 45kmh

Renault twizy was sold under either l6e (45 model) or l7e (80 model) rules, l7e means

- Dry weight less or equal 400kg for passenger vehicles or 550kg for cargo vehicles(also without batteries for EVs)
- Maximum engine power less or equal 15kw

Renault used most of the same parts beside batteries, so it's an easy unlock to do, just a quick flag edit over obd.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

The twizzy has quite a long Wikipedia as I recall. I think scoot used them in the US as a 4 wheel bid/upgrade in the pre covid scooter rental craze, also apparently China setup a factory and cloned the twizzy without license and is still making them, I guess trying to usher in a blade runner/back to the future era or something

Want to get my hands on one of those ami safaris :3:

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Ami racing league, when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Mcqueen posted:

Ami racing league, when?

There is a citroën c1 racing league after all.