Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Sab669 posted:

I suppose a "new league" for the official launch makes sense, but that mildly makes me not want to play much now :(

For some perspective here, 0.8 came out in December 2020. 1.0 will be a while off yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

explosivo posted:

Okay so now that I actually understand what I should be doing in the Echos I'm really enjoying the Monolith endgame grind. Before, my friend and I were clearing out every node and getting the max stability bonus before moving on but I had no idea about the corruption mechanic. Seems way more beneficial to rush through to find the "Echo of a world" nodes that will increase corruption after a boss fight. I'm really starting to see huge packs of mobs now which I felt was lacking a bit in the game up to this point. It's just so much fun Rampaging around in Werebear form ground pounding everything into dust.

I'm starting to figure out Echoes finally after I loving them up.

Here's my current strategy I've figured out. I think it's pretty good.

1. Expand the monolith/atlas, cherry pick echoes/maps for rewards (not paying attention to affixes) in a general direction away from the starting point.
2. During this exploration bank up 800 stability and kill the monolith boss ASAP. Do not immediately reset and do not attempt to fight a shade with just 1 gaze.
3. Continue on expanding the monolith/atlas, cherry picking a path further away from the center.
4. During this exploration bank up another 800 stability and kill the monolith boss a second time. You should now have 2 gazes.
5. At this point, you've probably hit a wall in a direction and you're getting blocked by shade arenas.
6. Complete an echo/map anywhere that has an easy affix for boss fighting and the echo itself has "the last 3 echoes apply their affixes". This means after completing this echo, there will only be 3 affixes if you fight a shade next. You're carrying 2 gazes, so if you die you'll lose both and all of your time spent banking them up with be lost. So don't play chances vs the shade. e.g. I died accidently yesterday and lost 3 gazes I was carrying.
7. Fight a shade in a shade arena furthest away from the center.
8. Now do the same thing in a new monolith with less corruption, and you'll fight a different boss and get different blessings.
9. After completing steps 1 through 7 twice in that new monolith, you'll get an additional corruption bonus because you already have a monolith with a higher corruption level.
10. If you want to target farm, go back to your first monolith as it now has less corruption than your 2nd one you did in steps 8-9.
11. Don't repeat a monolith that has the highest corruption level. Work on monoliths with a lower corruption level than your highest because when you turn in 2 gazes, you'll get a corruption bonus.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Vulpes posted:

For some perspective here, 0.8 came out in December 2020. 1.0 will be a while off yet.

I saw this yesterday and My interpretation of it is that the devs intend to ramp up the content release from now until release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/zsjvq3/comment/j1a4qo6/?context=3

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
There are a variety of ways you can approach monolith farming depending on what you're targeting. Raising corruption on its own is almost never the main goal so having a strategy based on that won't be especially rewarding.

Typically the first thing you want to do when you unlock empowered monoliths is grab all your high value blessings. So you go to Reign of Dragons first and get your crit avoidance in 1-3 tries or whatever. Then before you leave to go for the next blessing you hit up a shade node and push the corruption to like 122. Then you go to Stolen Lance for void resist and before you leave you do another reset and it will go to like 138 with the catchup boost. And then by the time you finish your blessings you're almost guaranteed to be close to or above 200 in a given timeline and can catch your other ones up there without much trouble. And 200 is really the only specific corruption number you care about since there are no more explicit rewards beyond it.

If you're target farming a specific thing it's always more efficient to maximize your quantity of drops. The item rarity boost you get for raising corruption has a broad but relatively small impact and isn't something that will help you find a single item faster. So if you're hunting for unique boots you want to go to Spirits of Fire and stay there farming the set/unique boot echoes and rune echoes (since runes of ascendancy also let you target unique boots.) You can also increase quantity by grabbing blessings from the left side timelines that give increased drop chance for specific slots. More general boots drops also means more unique boot drops.

Another approach is to use special end nodes that let you double and triple dip on targeting high value echo nodes. Red pillars (Vessels of Chaos) let you reroll the rewards on uncompleted echoes and blue-ish pillars (Vessels of Memory) revert all your completed echoes and let you reclear them. So there's a farming strategy where you heavily expand the web in multiple directions until you have multiple red pillars available and then you hit one and farm all the nodes that reroll into good rewards then hit the next red pillar and do the same. After you've exhausted the red pillars you will have a lot of completed nodes with good rewards so then you hit one of the revert pillars and reclear the web and repeat until all of the special pillars are gone. You will stack up like 7-15+ gazes of orobyss in the process which isn't efficient for pushing corruption, but you will still be better off because you maximized the amount of rewards nodes that are most valuable to you. Don't do this at low corruption, though. Hitting 200+ corruption for more blessing choices after boss kills and to have a chance at the shattered chain and omnis uniques from shades of orobyss and for more global drops to build up your stash is more worthwhile.

Also removing modifiers before boss kills isn't necessarily the best idea. Monolith bosses have a 'common' drop slot with two items in it and you'll always see one of those two items on every kill. But they also have 'rare' drop slots with I think 10% or below drop chance and stacking item rarity makes you more likely to see them and to see them with legendary potential. Since item rarity primarily goes up based on the # of modifiers you have active, you often want to go into bosses (and shades of orobyss) with 4-6 modifiers active to boost the drop rates. Some modifiers are also more valuable than others. Easy stuff like enemies apply marked for death might only give 18 item rarity while enemies deal 280% increased elemental damage might be worth 50 item rarity. And since the stability bar can overcap, you don't necessarily have to slow down or go out of your way to stack up rarity since you can wait and adjust after you're in range of the fight. If you're bored enough you can even fully overcap stability, stack up 6 modifiers, and do two bosses and a shade of orobyss all together since boss fights don't remove modifiers.

And it's worth keeping in mind that corruption on its own is an almost irrelevant number. Without taking modifiers into account any build that can clear 100 corruption can also clear 400 corruption with a bit of effort. And a build that can clear 400 corruption comfortably could clear 1200 because of how little enemies scale based on just corruption levels. What corruption really does is take modifiers like enemies deal 40% increased damage and scale them to levels that start becoming annoying and slowing you down. In particular, the modifiers that say undead enemies deal 80% increased damage or enemies deal 80% increased void damage scale up very high and when they're increasing damage by 460% or 720% you basically can't have them stacked up with any other offensive enemy modifiers and realistically expect to survive getting hit. Defensive modifiers like dodge chance, crit avoidance, and glancing blows also stack horribly together and will greatly reduce your clear speed. So at high enough corruption levels you start having to redirect your path through the web to avoid stacking bad modifiers, which means you're frequently taking less valuable echo rewards and killing your efficiency.

They key is usually just to find an arbitrary number above 200 that you can clear at comfortably and hang around there. For well optimized builds the number is usually in the 300-400 range. Overtuned builds and tanky masteries like lich and druid can go higher. But ultimately even though you can push any build to 1000 corruption if you're patient enough and take convoluted paths through echoes that avoid high threat nodes, it's kind of a meaningless exercise because the game doesn't reward it in any way. When leaderboards have been active it's been for arena only, where reaching a higher number actually means something because there aren't rng modifiers with wildly different impacts on difficulty.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Controller support is good overall but the auto-attack functionality is a pain in the butt for movement skills. When a boss drops a death hammer and you try to avoid with your move skill, your character instead happily runs right straight to the boss and your inevitable death.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Yeah there needs to be a toggle or something you can enable per-skill to make them target the farthest area they can in the direction you're holding the joystick, instead of auto targeting enemies.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Pigbottom posted:

I saw this yesterday and My interpretation of it is that the devs intend to ramp up the content release from now until release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/zsjvq3/comment/j1a4qo6/?context=3

Releases will be more often now as they can return to smaller patches since MP is out, but seasons/cycles/whatever they call it won't be until 1.0

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Sorry if this is a repeated question, how is the multiplayer stability? I am having trouble telling if it's fixed or not from the recent Steam reviews.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

bamhand posted:

Sorry if this is a repeated question, how is the multiplayer stability? I am having trouble telling if it's fixed or not from the recent Steam reviews.

Anecdotal to my own experience but it’s been pretty smooth for me recently. Worst has been the weird bug that spawns two of my character when zoning and ties the camera to the one that can’t move but that’s fixed with a quick relog.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's been mostly fine for me but did run into some issues with a dungeon run where a friend was getting blocked by barricades that weren't actually there and was shown doors that he actually couldn't go through. When I zoned into the next area as the host he teleported into nothingness and was forced to log relog which locked him out for the run because if you die in a dungeon you can't respawn, I guess. Bit of a bummer but other than that we haven't run into any issues.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Picked this up Saturday, level 35ish now spellblade and really enjoying it. Started a sentinel and primalist but didn't get too far.

I leveled until master using disintegrate and volcanic which were great, but had the idea of spellblade from the start. I swapped my main to flame reave with static as backup since I had it leveled and was very sad with its performance, until I changed out my wand to a two handed weapon and started wrecking.

I now dance around, flame reaving with bursts of static and flame ward, and feeling very good about life.

Game is very good, excited to try other classes especially acolyte shortly. It's been discussed, but one thing that put me off POE end game is the blitz speed chaos screen clearing, I prefer it a little bit measured and it looks like this achieves that goal.

For anyone interest in MP, I have a few hours with my friend over the weekend and it worked well, a couple small bugs fixed by reglogging. Also sometimes your party members character is naked

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Big ol Hotfix just landed:

"Hotfix 0.9f Patch notes posted:

Fixed a rare bug which could lead to large online save data rollbacks. We’re still working on identifying any other causes of rollbacks and fixing them.
Fixed a bug where Druid Transform builds could sometimes end up with scrambled action bars, with incorrect and mispositioned abilities, which also caused the Human Form action bar to become blank.
Fixed a bug where traversal skills such as Lunge would consume more than 1 charge of the ability when used, and also consumed more than 1 charge of other traversal skills that share a cooldown.
Fixed a bug where an uninteractable reward rock could sometimes appear in Echo of a World, preventing interacting with the real reward rock.
Fixed a bug which caused ability use to be prevented if you were holding down a key after using a movement ability. This caused Dancing Strikes to be used much less frequently when holding the button than when rapidly pressing it.
Fixed a bug where quick selling items was not blocked on the client while gambling. This could cause the client to become out of sync with the server, with items appearing to be duplicated or lost. This was a visual/clientside bug; no items were lost or duplicated.
Fixed a bug where the Liath and Thetima quest could get stuck on the “Speak with Yulia in Thetima” objective.
Fixed some skill, passive and affix typos.

Account Creation
Fixed a bug which caused LE-51 errors to be shown if a problem occurred while picking a display name, rather than an error message that tells you what went wrong (i.e. name already in use, invalid characters, invalid length, profanity filter).

Enemy Fixes
Fixed a bug where some Void Despairs would have an outline appear after killing them.
Fixed a bug where some Void Despairs didn’t have a health bar.
Fixed a bug where Void Despairs would sink into the ground immediately upon dying.
Fixed a bug where the Void Penance didn’t have a top of screen health bar in multiplayer.
Fixed a bug where the indicator and animations for the Idol of Loathing would not re-time properly when it was chilled.

Notes
Thanks for continuing to report bugs and other issues. Here are two we’re working on, though we have several other fixes in progress:

We’re aware of a bug where some players are unable to enter Dungeons. This will be a priority for us to address this week; we weren’t able to finish a fix in time for this patch. However, we’ve seen that if you return to Character Select via the Leave Game button, you will be able to enter the dungeon. You should be able to try this without interacting with the Dungeon.

We’re also aware of rubberbanding happening during movement and movement skills.

Transformation action bar fix finally :toot:

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
What are the dungeon bosses etc. like? I hate the bosses who basically just produce a more or less screen-filling AoE-of-death where you have to dodge and pray. I need to kill one more boss, and finish one more monolith, to get to empowered monoliths, and I can make the whole screen outside of boss fights disappear just fine, but some of the bosses haven’t been a lot of fun.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

If the boss of the level 75 monolith can one-shot me with multiple attacks does htis mean I need to go retool my gear to have more surviability on it or should I just skip out on that one for now and go somewhere else?

And how would I go about that in general? I fiddled with my idols to have max frost and lightning resist and it still one-shot me. Do I want, like, more armor? Health? tack Hybrid Health except I have like 4 shards of that?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Crit avoidance can be extremely helpful for that boss in particular.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Health, armor, and crit avoidance would help but telegraphed attacks hit extremely hard. I've not had builds that could survive more than one in a row and 1 can be a challenge.

I'd say the easiest way to get more survivability would be changing your passives. When I first started playing years ago I went all in on offense which is a huge mistake. Sources of increased damage don't scale amazingly with gear since it is all additive. Health, armor, and resists are all multiplicative with each other.

Taking 20% longer to kill a boss but not being one shot by anything is a trade that works well for me because I'm poo poo at dodging.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Anyone willing to give a quick comparison/opinion/which should I play of this versus Grim Dawn?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Mm I'd say this isn't officially out yet and Grim Dawn is pretty great so it would be a safe bet to try that first?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

SlyFrog posted:

Anyone willing to give a quick comparison/opinion/which should I play of this versus Grim Dawn?

I prefer LE over GD, personally. Neither are POE levels of explode packs, but LE has plenty of it. LE has much more fun boss fights and general murder-hobo gameplay, compared to my memory of GD.

I enjoyed GD for the campaign, but I think I had all the expansions too, and got burnt out before finishing them. Much less any endgame loop that game may or may not have, no idea.

LE has a pretty fun endgame loop to keep you more interested.

If you already own both, then just play one until you're tired of it, and then play the other (or take a palette cleanser of another genre in between). LE isn't done yet (9 acts of the story, out of 12 planned I think?) but that's still tons to enjoy and lots of zones and variety. By the time it's finished, you'll want to play again anyways. Assuming you're a modern ARPG player who enjoys the seasons playstyle, that is. If you're a "play the campaign, beat the final big bad, uninstall and never think of the game again", then yeah I guess play GD and wait until LE has their 1.0 launch in like...1-3 years, heh.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I put 80 hours into Grim Dawn somehow and I don't really like it. I want to like it but I think the passive trees and skills are mostly boring. Also it's extremely ugly.

I refunded Last Epoch the last time I tried it because I didn't like the janky models and animations, but it has come a long way since then. Version .9 is the first time I've really dug in and I'm at over 100 hours now.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

SlyFrog posted:

I've bounced off of grim dawn like 5 times, the early game is *glacial* even if things like LE and PoE didn't exist. For me it was like all the systems were just as obtuse as PoE but without nearly as much of a payoff. LE on the other hand was really fun to just pick up and go, even though at the time I last played, the endgame wasn't robust enough to keep me going for long.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
How is Ele Nova Sorc compared to Glacier? I'm level 75 and just had an LP3 Ashen Crown drop so I'm thinking about switching over.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Papercut posted:

I've bounced off of grim dawn like 5 times, the early game is *glacial* even if things like LE and PoE didn't exist. For me it was like all the systems were just as obtuse as PoE but without nearly as much of a payoff. LE on the other hand was really fun to just pick up and go, even though at the time I last played, the endgame wasn't robust enough to keep me going for long.

Same here. I’ve bounced off Grim Dawn a few times, although I couldn’t tell you specifically why it never hooked me. I have been enjoying LE quite a bit

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Clockwerk posted:

Same here. I’ve bounced off Grim Dawn a few times, although I couldn’t tell you specifically why it never hooked me. I have been enjoying LE quite a bit

Honest to god, I bounce off ARPGs in general because I have to repeat the chapters/acts every time and it’s 10 times worse if I have to repeat the game on 3 different difficulties before I get to play the end result.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Thankfully in LE you currently can bounce out of the campaign and into the endgame at like level 25 which is pretty fast. And even doing as much of the campaign as we can currently (which is 9 out of a planned 12 total chapters) isn't awful, but doing it on every character you'd want to play in a season would definitely get stale just like POE's does.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Saxophone posted:

if I have to repeat the game on 3 different difficulties before I get to play the end result.

I do not miss that design basically being dead in modern ARPGs.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Suprfli6 posted:

Thankfully in LE you currently can bounce out of the campaign and into the endgame at like level 25 which is pretty fast. And even doing as much of the campaign as we can currently (which is 9 out of a planned 12 total chapters) isn't awful, but doing it on every character you'd want to play in a season would definitely get stale just like POE's does.

Yeah I’ve been yelling about this in the discord dev channels. Maybe if I make enough racket they’ll listen. D3 had it right with adventure mode. Give folks that and stop tying skill points/idol slots, etc to the main quest.

Or hell, set up monolith quest lines to award those skill points/idol slots the first time through them along with the blessings. That way you’ve done them all, you’re a bit more knowledgeable about the monoliths by the time you’re really engaging them, and it doesn’t make non-empowered feel kind of pointless.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Any prediction on when the missing sub classes (falconer!) should be out?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

EHG has said that the 3 remaining masteries will come with 1.0. When that will be is anyone's guess

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Saxophone posted:

Yeah I’ve been yelling about this in the discord dev channels. Maybe if I make enough racket they’ll listen. D3 had it right with adventure mode. Give folks that and stop tying skill points/idol slots, etc to the main quest.

Or hell, set up monolith quest lines to award those skill points/idol slots the first time through them along with the blessings. That way you’ve done them all, you’re a bit more knowledgeable about the monoliths by the time you’re really engaging them, and it doesn’t make non-empowered feel kind of pointless.
There's actually more skill point and I think idol slot rewards than you can actually claim, too. Adding them to the monolith quests would just use a system already in place where you can only get 15 passives and the max idol slots but you can skip some quests and get them somewhere else later.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I 100% would go with grim Dawn. Game is huge, tons of class combinations, fun loot, and years of patches. And a dope mod scene. I highly recommend grabbing grim internals, it's a mod that lets you up the game speed a bit, I set it 30% faster and it's perfect.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
These guys know how to trigger the minionmancer brain.
Nothing says "CEO of Undeath" like having 2 golems, 9 skeletons, 5 mages and chaincasting volatile zombies spawning 3 vanguards.

I went all in on the fire nodes (archers with fire arrows, pyromancers, fire golem) but I feel there's a lot to experiment with. The issue is more with finding the proper support skills to my small team.

Char fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 21, 2023

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hmm my halfassed beastmaster build is starting to struggle now that ive hit empowered monoliths, but im still looking for a rare unique from age of winter boss to fix it up. trying to decide if its faster to farm it out on normal or push through empowered, or maybe hit one of the dungeons to improve my gear?

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Char posted:

These guys know how to trigger the minionmancer brain.
Nothing says "CEO of Undeath" like having 2 golems, 9 skeletons, 5 mages and chaincasting volatile zombies spawning 3 vanguards.

I went all in on the fire nodes (archers with fire arrows, pyromancers, fire golem) but I feel there's a lot to experiment with. The issue is more with finding the proper support skills to my small team.

Yeah volatile zombies are really good. I ended up going fire as well, but have my skeleton mages casting sacrifice on my skelly warriors, with zombies and vanguards spawning on minion death and dead skellies restoring mana, so my combat strategy is just always be summoning skeletons.

Trying to focus on leveling one multi character before switching to another. Torn on whether to go throwing rogue or bear druid next.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
How do people like like rive focused forge guard builds going into mid / endgame? I'm not quite to the end of time with my sentinel, but I got a level 20 unique 2h mace with a ton of +fire and +ignite and chance for skeleton minions on kill, got the spawn sword minion on kill and +100% bonus damage from 2h talents and rive absolutely fucks, it does like 1700 dps on mouseover and by far is the fastest killer of the builds I've gotten this far on.

I took hammer throw as my third tagged skill at 20 and I'm still kind of unimpressed early on. I'm guessing it gets better once you've got spiral, all the bonus hammers on use, and a bunch of on hit procs. Javelin throw seems like a better option with all the scaling, especially if you can stick with spears.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Is there an in-game way to tell what kind of damage mobs deal? Or to tell which affix is multiplicative and which is additive?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Generally monsters seem do damage typed in line with their colour scheme or the effects around them, but the most definitive way to tell is probably the death screen summary.

I don't think there are many multiplicative affixes though? Affixes I've seen are mostly either "added to the base" or "additive bonus"", multiplicative bonuses are mostly in the skill and passive trees?

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 21, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pigbottom posted:

Is there an in-game way to tell what kind of damage mobs deal? Or to tell which affix is multiplicative and which is additive?

The death screen tells you :haw:

Pretty sure everything is multiplicitive unless the tool tip has a + or explicitly states so.

Like I've got an Off Hand with a flat +3% Crit, as opposed to to the more typical "Increased Crit chance by XX%" or whatever it would say.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Grim Dawn:

A throwback game made by the developers of Titan Quest. There's a ton of skills, ways to modify those skills, devotions and items that give even more skills, damage conversions, and procs that proc off of procs -- so theory crafting is a big draw here. The gameplay usually turns into "tank and spank" at higher levels with a properly built character, with player skill mostly being applied to skill rotations and knowing when to move out of the way of major attacks/retreat. There are some very over tuned super bosses in the game and only fight them if you don't mind spending 30+ minutes on a fight. With Season 4, there is a ton of end-game stuff that will keep you busy for months or possibly an entire year.

Here's an example of fighting an over tuned super boss with relatively easy to get gear (Season 4), and as you can see it's almost a meme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjjXP7cBtg
(Wait for the beat drop...)

This game is great to play on HC, because you can pause it any time. I played Grim Dawn Season 4 late last year on HC and it was great: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-grim-league-season-4-post-season-version/124141

If this sounds like your cup of tea, buy the game and all the expansions when they're on sale, wait for a new Season mod to be released or play Season 4 (it's still running but the ladder is inactive). The season/league mods are built by some of the best players -- imagine if a new PoE league was like that. So Season 4 is top-notch and improves on the strengths of the game. If a Season 5 is released by the same people, I'm sure it will also be rad.

Last Epoch:

A more modern game. Building a strong character is pretty easy yet not so simple there's no fun in it, but it lacks the theory crafting depth of GD and PoE by a fair margin. The fights seem fair, and the most nasty stuff is usually telegraphed. The end-game loop with echoes and a new upgrade (made possible by the lovely crafting system) always being the next echo/map away provides a good dopamine drip, or the chance to get that upgraded or better rolled blessing by killing a boss. Most people will probably like this game more and I'm digging the hell out of it right now.

So I'd would recommend Last Epoch, unless you're a huge grognard nerd like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Grim Dawn always seemed very messy and inelegant in its systems to me, while Last Epoch is basically Path of Exile For Dummies