Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
developing a new intrusive thought: Ferrari Intelligence Agency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m58ff1eIg-A

Alonso's poo poo talking is only going to get more and more savage as the year goes on. I can't wait.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

the milk machine posted:

developing a new intrusive thought: Ferrari Intelligence Agency

My favourite oxymoron

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Without being able to take advantage of DRS and slower cars even Max can't make up time on the other RB

Time for Jos to start paying off some pit crew members to go a little slower during Checo's stops

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://twitter.com/FIAclowns/status/1638069308965154823?t=YuLUEnLGmzQbtrMtV2xaDQ&s=19

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ethanol posted:

perez held max at 5 second delta for like 20 laps

your champion is a fraud
They stopped racing on lap 38, after Max started losing pace on 36 with whatever issue they were managing.
You can read the full transcript where perez whines about Max being allowed to try to race for the lead if you wanna: https://www.racefans.net/2023/03/20/transcript-red-bull-perez-verstappen-scrap-fastest-lap/

Like if you think Perez has pace on Max your brain is literally a smooth ball.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
has anyone ever put the "get in there lewis" above goatse??

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

okay but thats true and not a joke apparently lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

harperdc posted:

I don’t know why they would do this, so gonna need some explanation here.
i don't think they would, but some people on various f1 sites think mercedes board members could see aston doing well and mercedes doing poorly, worry about brand image, and support aston as the works team

it's dumb, and of course not how any of this works, but would be funny. there is no evidence for this

(mercedes is part owner of Aston Martin, and continuing to buy more shares)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Khablam posted:

They stopped racing on lap 38, after Max started losing pace on 36 with whatever issue they were managing.
You can read the full transcript where perez whines about Max being allowed to try to race for the lead if you wanna: https://www.racefans.net/2023/03/20/transcript-red-bull-perez-verstappen-scrap-fastest-lap/

Like if you think Perez has pace on Max your brain is literally a smooth ball.

Max was making excuses for not being able to catch #2 redbull

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

why does the FIA run their own parody account, posting official news thru the joke feed like this was bound to happen eventually

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Khablam posted:

Didn’t Verstappen turn in the fastest lap on lap 48 or 49? It doesn’t seem like the car needed nursed.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Oh no my car is making noise

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Shitshow posted:

Didn’t Verstappen turn in the fastest lap on lap 48 or 49? It doesn’t seem like the car needed nursed.

Probably not, but the transcript shows they were under team orders not to race 12 laps before the end due to it. Which does cast some perspective on why the Max side of the garage were being grumpy since it was clear Max had the pace for it.

Overall it doesn't matter one bit. The people hyping this into a potential season long fight are just clutching.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
As proof of the attack on the Ferrari computer systems, the hackers released the entirety of the Ferrari strategy code:

#!/bin/bash

j=/bin/random
if [$j > 3] then
tyres = 'hard'
if [$j < 4] then
tyres = 'wet'
if [driver='leclerc']
then echo "$driver pit now for $tires. Don't push we need to save gas"

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Khablam posted:

Probably not, but the transcript shows they were under team orders not to race 12 laps before the end due to it. Which does cast some perspective on why the Max side of the garage were being grumpy since it was clear Max had the pace for it.

Overall it doesn't matter one bit. The people hyping this into a potential season long fight are just clutching.

so now max obeys team orders? he wasnt fast enough actually. hes not goat material

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Khablam posted:

Give it a few weeks and Max won't be able to clutch anymore

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Seems to be that once Max wasn't really catching Checo they where both just adviced on bringing it home. They kept relatively even pace for the last dozen or so laps and Max seemingly backed off a bit to save battery and went for the FL near the end, which Checo also seemed to anticipate would happen and tried a FL himself near the end as well. Realistically even Checo knows he wont be a champion unless Max has major reliability issues and stuff, so yeah every point matters to him no doubt..
Bit of a dickmove by Max? Sorta but also not really. Unexpected? Nope. Really that much of an issue? Doubt it.

Anyway Checo WDC 2023

Zedd fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 22, 2023

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Khablam posted:

everyone knows max doesn't have to follow team orders, RB just likes to put on a show

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its even more impressive when you realize that Perez didn't get DRS from every other driver - and Max got helped by 2 safety cars.

If anything the timing of the safety car was unlucky for Max as it allowed both Russell and Alonso to pit and come out still ahead. If Max was running P2, or possibly even P3 when the Safety Car came out he would have won the race.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

just remembered f2 and f3 are supporting at albert park this year too, along with bogancars and porsche cup that's a stacked schedule.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Merc WDC/WCC incoming:

A black Red Bull is probably the last thing Jos wants to see

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Maybe they should have designed a car that was better?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Carcinisation

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Thanks Ants posted:

George isn't going to allow them to form a union

George is actually the only driver who is a director of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association, aka the drivers' union.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i bet he did a little cry at his pocket photo of thatcher and the queen and said brexit 5 times after they took it back off him

Is there any actual proof that George is a tory? Has he ever publicly stated his political beliefs? Or is this the usual thread fanfiction

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Someone post the George Maggie thatcher pic

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sunk Dunk posted:

has anyone ever put the "get in there lewis" above goatse??

i haven't, op

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Thatcher would most identify with the McClaren boys disappearing in a race in the desert

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

slave to my cravings posted:

Merc WDC/WCC incoming:

Man really incredible how they realized so quickly they had a poo poo car and how to fix it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Residency Evil posted:

Man really incredible how they realized so quickly they had a poo poo car and how to fix it.

yeah you'd almost be forgiven for thinking toto's playing the sponsor retention game but honestly where else does "CROWDSTRIKE" belong if not on the backs of team merc

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

yeah you'd almost be forgiven for thinking toto's playing the sponsor retention game but honestly where else does "CROWDSTRIKE" belong if not on the backs of team merc
Now to be fair Mercedes was a casualty of that accident as much as the crowd and RedBull (Jaguar) were the ones who initiated it

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

slave to my cravings posted:

Merc WDC/WCC incoming:

#StillWeRise !!!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Now to be fair Mercedes was a casualty of that accident as much as the crowd and RedBull (Jaguar) were the ones who initiated it

well this will need to be sorted out with the copse

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1638156420011941889?t=cFDrkYLnOlS4JGbqPzVpkQ&s=19

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

already know how it ends, yawn

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

spaceblancmange posted:

already know how it ends, yawn

maybe they'll do a blonde-esque take on it? let's see senna's stroke game

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
I want a Grease-inspired ending where Senna drives his Williams into the sky at Imola

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Diorama posted:

I want a Grease-inspired ending where Senna drives his Williams into the sky at Imola

They're saving that for the gilles series

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

They're saving that for the gilles series

:drat:

Villeneuve Pironi was worth a watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

There’s no way that merc is going to redesign their car enough to compete against Red Bull. I want it to happen too but this is magical thinking based off of only quotes from the team.

I’ll happily eat my words but there’s no way.