Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

quote:

Koivunen's useless ex stuff

Is this the sort of thing that the hospital would report to child protective services? I mean, it's neglect? I'm so angry for you Koivunen :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Wait, he pulls apart the Adderall XR capsules and just has a pile of the little balls? How the gently caress does he dose it properly?

Jfc I literally keep my meds locked up.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I went to bed late? Cool, guess I gotta get up hella early too - my toddler

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Tom Smykowski posted:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Tom Smykowski posted:

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Shifty Pony posted:

Wait, he pulls apart the Adderall XR capsules and just has a pile of the little balls? How the gently caress does he dose it properly?

Jfc I literally keep my meds locked up.

It’s absolutely abuse behavior. There is no reason to disregard traditional prescription dosing. If there is an issue with efficacy, it should be brought up with a doctor, not pulling your pills apart like a fiend. I know you don’t have much of a choice, but I would have strong feelings about letting my kids around someone chasing the highs and lows of prescription stimulants. Ugh. I am a recovering addict and I have strong feelings about this, so sorry for coming off strong.

Regarding HFM: there is one consideration for keeping your kiddo home, and that is if your wife is pregnant. Apparently it’s one of those illnesses that can cause complications.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

dismas posted:

Shout out to my child who seems to have an ear infection or something that is causing her to wake up inconsolably sobbing repeatedly. No fever, won’t say what’s wrong, just tears.

Double ear infection, turns out. Surprise!!!

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

"I will throw my best friend an abortion party if she wants one"
There should be a word for the feeling when you really wish you'd given in on something, but now you can't because the kid will learn you'll give in if they just scream enough.

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

boquiabierta posted:

There should be a word for the feeling when you really wish you'd given in on something, but now you can't because the kid will learn you'll give in if they just scream enough.

there's an old english phrase for that, and it's, "literally my life as a parent."

Depending on the context, it can also mean, "I was planning on freely offering it, but now I can't because they're being an rear end about it."

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

One front (40+ lbs maybe I could do a more compact seat now?), one rear-facing infant carrier, and another rear facing seat that could be made front if needed.

How would you position them all?

I guess the LATCH stuff is only on the sides so middle would be tether and belt only.

If it were me I'd put the front facing in the way back because thats the most space efficient, and presumably theyre a bit more independent and helpful getting in. Then the rest in the middle row on the sides with the latch system.

But really I think you're mostly in minivan territory here.

EDIT: At least to do all this easily with the least amount of headache.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Welp, my daughter is home for the rest of the day because she bit a teacher, hit another one, and threw objects at people.

She's 7 and has DMDD. But I drat near have a panic attack every time I see her school come up on my caller ID.

I'm just so tired of feeling like a failure as a parent. The loving secretaries have my number memorized for Christ sake

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 21, 2023

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Does the CX9 have the option to come with a built in booster seat? I have an XC90 and that built in booster in the middle makes everything more viable because it’s so small. I only had to do 3 across once or twice when people were visiting, but it WAS possible!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

boquiabierta posted:

its called parenting

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Welp, my daughter is home for the rest of the day because she bit a teacher, hit another one, and threw objects at people.

She's 7 and has DMDD. But I drat near have a panic attack every time I see her school come up on my caller ID.

I'm just so tired of feeling like a failure as a parent. The loving secretaries have my number memorized for Christ sake

Has she been tested for ADHD? My kid would have a lot of emotional disregulation issues. His ADHD diagnosis and treating it with medication as well as therapy has helped greatly. He's never been that outwardly violent though. I am fairly certain he has: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/24099-rejection-sensitive-dysphoria-rsd

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alterian posted:

Has she been tested for ADHD? My kid would have a lot of emotional disregulation issues. His ADHD diagnosis and treating it with medication as well as therapy has helped greatly. He's never been that outwardly violent though. I am fairly certain he has: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/24099-rejection-sensitive-dysphoria-rsd

Yes, she has ADHD, a mood disorder, DMDD, and anxiety.

Sweet Gulch
May 8, 2007

That metaphor just went somewhere horrible.
I don't have anything constructive to add, but I'm sorry. I have a similar panic response whenever I see a message pop up from my daughter's daycare.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

While getting him on medication, it was a lot of trial and error. One of the ones we tried ( I don't remember which one) made him REALLY aggressive and angry and not himself. The moment we switched to something else it stopped.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
My six month old has discovered a new scream, but thankfully due to coincidental resemblance my wife and I have been losing our poo poo and thinking of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3OpgwpgqXA

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Sweet Gulch posted:

I don't have anything constructive to add, but I'm sorry. I have a similar panic response whenever I see a message pop up from my daughter's daycare.

lol i have a custom notification for messages our daycare sends in the app and even though 95% of them are just pictures of my kids playing and having fun i freak out whenever i hear it

cuber
Dec 29, 2011
Why are my kids such little turds whenever getting back from a sleepover at their grandparents' house?1-hr meltdown about a bottle of fruit punch gatorade (that wasn't even hers!!!) being empty.

I know I'm lucky to have parents that want to help out, and I'm not ungrateful, but why does it keep happening!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

cuber posted:

Why are my kids such little turds whenever getting back from a sleepover at their grandparents' house?1-hr meltdown about a bottle of fruit punch gatorade (that wasn't even hers!!!) being empty.

I know I'm lucky to have parents that want to help out, and I'm not ungrateful, but why does it keep happening!

Trouble with transitions, maybe? They came from a place with (likely) more relaxed rules and fewer expectations, and they had everything they wanted. Because that's what grandparents do. And now they're back to expectations and all that other stuff.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

its called parenting

Hey now, there's real talk, and then there's real talk. Let's just keep it at real talk

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I swear I'm about to wrap this kid's fingertip in enough tape to make drat sure it doesn't fit in his nose. Keep it out of there dammit.

I can tell his nose is itchy or clogged sometimes but going hunting for gold 24/7 isn't the way to handle that. Any tips for teaching him how to actually low his nose? Right now the most he will do is put the tissue up to his nose and then make breathing/blowing noises using his mouth.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Taking a literal page from the book Lassie, go buy a bottle of the habanero hot sauce from trader Joe's (skip Tabasco, go for the nuclear option) soak their finger in that. If they still go digging for green gold they deserve earned it

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

cuber posted:

Same here, grandma has been watching him off and on and he’s been an absolute Angel for her.

“Hey buddy it’s dinner time.”
“No”
“Come sit and eat with me please”
“No”
“I’m going to turn the tv off. If you come sit with me and eat some dinner, I’ll turn it back on.”

Apocalyptic meltdown.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's a hard comedown from grandparent 'rules' to actual parenting

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Alterian posted:

While getting him on medication, it was a lot of trial and error. One of the ones we tried ( I don't remember which one) made him REALLY aggressive and angry and not himself. The moment we switched to something else it stopped.
This is similar to my nephew - he tried Ritalin and it made him hyperaggressive so now he's not on anything and is struggling with school. I don't know if he just wasn't offered any other treatment or if my sister and BIL refused, but it's heartbreaking to watch him start falling behind and I feel like it's a slippery slope leading towards him disengaging with school full stop.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

It took I think 3? medications before we found one that really worked.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My daughter is suddenly really into fish. Both books about them, and eating them. It's a weird dichotomy but it works for her. She likes to pretend she's an orca when she eats it because she has a book about being an orca.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Brawnfire posted:

My daughter is suddenly really into fish. Both books about them, and eating them. It's a weird dichotomy but it works for her. She likes to pretend she's an orca when she eats it because she has a book about being an orca.

Not sure how old your kid is, but if they're a toddler they might enjoy this cool magnetic fishing pole set.

They are lots of fun!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Brawnfire posted:

Hey, anything that gets kids interested in learning and reading should be 100% encouraged. Good on you.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Brawnfire posted:

My kid has been into canned fish since she was 1yo basically. Sardines, preferably, or as she calls them: "sarbines." We had week-long periods when she would only ask for that to eat.
One of my favorite foods is any fresh-grilled salt-water fish and my wife is a Midwesterner who gets a gag-reflex when she even thinks about fish, especially canned, but we are both glad that the kiddo loves them.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

External Organs posted:

Not sure how old your kid is, but if they're a toddler they might enjoy this cool magnetic fishing pole set.

They are lots of fun!

She's five going on six but fishing games are evergreen!

Also does it ever feel any less surreal when your kid reads? I know sometimes I'm just staring because my tiny baby is tearing through a book. Weren't you just pointing at pictures in the 100 First Words board book? Can we tap the brakes here?

I know the general tone of my posts is "terrified of time's passage" and I do apologize for that

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

~Another week another stomach bug~ 💩💩💩

This one has apparently been tearing through their classroom, but the teachers did say it has been short-lived for most of the kids.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Man I thought I knew true love, until I had a child

I say, as he bends over and spreads his rear end cheeks in my face, asking me to clean poop off that doesn't even exist.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I asked my cousin at what age will I be able to stop looking at my kid's butt and she sadly informed me that she's still looking for that answer, and her son's 12.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Daycare funding is so messed up. They’re asking for donations for the increased cost of sunscreen and we paid solidly over $40k for two kids full time care last year. It’s a lovely center with great, passionate staff and directors who I’m positive are making less than they should.

What the gently caress America. It’s such bullshit and I’m also very cranky about being asked for additional money because goddamn am I not paying enough already.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

BadSamaritan posted:

Daycare funding is so messed up. They’re asking for donations for the increased cost of sunscreen and we paid solidly over $40k for two kids full time care last year. It’s a lovely center with great, passionate staff and directors who I’m positive are making less than they should.

What the gently caress America. It’s such bullshit and I’m also very cranky about being asked for additional money because goddamn am I not paying enough already.

Is the daycare on the surface of the sun? How much sunscreen are they going through that they need a fundraiser specifically for sunscreen and not… literally everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Why are they not making you bring in your own sunscreen? I don't want some bargain bin spf1 on my kid