Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

BrainDance posted:

I like the KFC macaroni even though it's bad macaroni that's what makes it good. The worse they make it, the better it is.

But I haven't found it in any non-American KFC, maybe Canadian KFC is better now but 20some years ago I ordered it at a Windsor KFC and she was all "you want.... A macaroni salad?" And I was thinking we can see Detroit from here don't act like macaroni and cheese is some alien concept.

That's my KFC story and that's why I don't like any KFC outside of America.

Ridiculous how Chinese KFCs have the mashed potatoes but they sell it in pretty much shot glasses. If I can't have my big tub of bad macaroni and cheese you should at least give me a big tub of mashed potatoes not whatever this embarrassment is.

Please clarify if you in favor of macaroni salad or macaroni and cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

peanut posted:

macaroni salad is bullshit gently caress macaroni salad I got the canadian macaroni salad instead that day and it was the biggest disappointment I've ever had in my life.

I have had nothing but bad experiences in canada toronto looks like its from the 80s

I am very pro macaroni and cheese

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ups_rail posted:

KFC is owned by pepsi co.

KFC exists just to have place to have pepsi!!
Not true; Pepsi just has a deal with Yum Brands (KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut) the same way Coke has one with McDonald’s.

Wonton
Jul 5, 2012

peanut posted:

https://youtu.be/u4zw99VsoMA

Over 10 years??? And now Sara has a tricked out kitchen and YouTube channel!!!!!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

BrainDance posted:

macaroni salad is bullshit gently caress macaroni salad I got the canadian macaroni salad instead that day and it was the biggest disappointment I've ever had in my life.

I have had nothing but bad experiences in canada toronto looks like its from the 80s

Man I love macaroni salad. When you get pizza or kebab here the restaurants have a sallad buffet centered around macaronis with dill or something, mm just heaping a big gob of macaronis, pickled onions, jalapenos, olives, etc etc etc and some dressing all over that.... mmhmm

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shumagorath posted:

Not true; Pepsi just has a deal with Yum Brands (KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut) the same way Coke has one with McDonald’s.

They used to be owned by Pepsi. They were spun off as an independent entity in 1997. I believe Pepsi is still a large shareholder of Yum and they have a lifetime contract with Pepsi to sell their products.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

They used to be owned by Pepsi. They were spun off as an independent entity in 1997. I believe Pepsi is still a large shareholder of Yum and they have a lifetime contract with Pepsi to sell their products.

yeah pepsi kept buying poo poo tier fast food to have a place to sell pepsi

anyway russia and china good friends now?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Gotta say a place having pepsi max instead of coke zero is enough for me to not go there anymore.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

His Divine Shadow posted:

Gotta say a place having pepsi max instead of coke zero is enough for me to not go there anymore.

This that why the lexx blew up the cluster?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Renreeja posted:

South Korea has DK Chicken and everytime I see it can't help but read it as Dickchicken, which was a graffitti of a chicken body with a dickhead you used to see in brooklyn

Mom's Touch is the way to go in South Korea.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

If you're unlucky enough to be in Korea the best place to go is Incheon Intl Airport, doesn't matter where you head from there it's still bound to be an upgrade.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ups_rail posted:

This that why the lexx blew up the cluster?

Sugar-free cluster lizard with every meal.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
There were a few kraze burger locations in Washington DC but I think they all closed

I just wanted to try one because they sponsored SKT T1 when bisu and fantasy played for them

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ili posted:

If you're unlucky enough to be in Korea the best place to go is Incheon Intl Airport, doesn't matter where you head from there it's still bound to be an upgrade.

True though

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
drat, some Korea hate in this thread. Is it really that bad to live for an extended period of time? My Company got some job openings there, and I considered it for a change of pace.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

drat, some Korea hate in this thread. Is it really that bad to live for an extended period of time? My Company got some job openings there, and I considered it for a change of pace.

don't

Wonton
Jul 5, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Looks like japan feels like China

Wonton
Jul 5, 2012
Least you get better food if you go to 東北. There’s actually variety and everything is not red all the time.

But good k goons :glomp:

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Don't listen to those other posters, do it

Then report back in 2 years :twisted:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

korea is good, actually

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Don't listen to those other posters, do it

Then report back in 2 years :twisted:

The time has passed, sadly. I got promoted and I can't leave.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I've never lived in korea but I know koreans who left as adults for more or less the same reason, the prospect of enduring neo-confucian hierarchy for the rest of their lives made them want to die.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Move to North Korea, op

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

BrainDance posted:

Agreed on the macaroni salad. The coleslaw at Canadian and US KFCs is good in my experience though.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

I like Korea better than I had it in the US, but I got really good inlaws who are politically progressive. We have a toddler here too, worry about how education is gonna go for him cause he is so different. Though its between that and growing up in a place where another student could go on a shooting rampage.

To use an analogy I feel like the hostility in the US is like being acid attacked wheras hostility in Korea feels like being attacked with a base, hit in the face with a handful of lye. Somebody tryn to clean you up.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Describing a place as better than seppolia really isn't much of a compliment.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the neo-confucian thing someone mentioned earlier is really the crux of it to me. if you can slot in to that structure then you're gonna do fine in korea. however, i'd say a good 2/3rds+ of westerners will not, and in that case it isn't like the USA where you can move to the next city and try your luck in an entirely new society. that social structure is going to follow you everywhere, and it's very unlikely you'll fit in any better the second or third time around.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The only really bad part about Korea is the work life, but if it's a foreign company so you're still getting vacation time and stuff I would 1000% jump on that.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Grand Fromage posted:

The only really bad part about Korea is the work life, but if it's a foreign company so you're still getting vacation time and stuff I would 1000% jump on that.

Blink twice if you are being held hostage

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Counterpoint. I lived in Korea for 7 years, (3 years in 남해, 3 years in 아산, 1 year in 평창), and I loved it.
It has it's issues, many of which have been described in this thread, but I would live there again in a heartbeat.
Unlike China, where 2 1/2 years there were more than enough, and I doubt I will ever return.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I feel like making a life there long term would be difficult. Not that China's easy but, I can rent my own apartment here, I can get a loan for a car, if I wanted to (lol I don't) I can buy a house, there is career mobility. I've built up quite a bit here. All of that is possible in Korea too but there are major roadblocks (key money is the 2nd dumbest loving thing I have ever heard of in my life, next to Canadian KFC macaroni salad.)

But people find a way in Korea, I guess. Though actually I dont know I've met a lot more settled down long term guys here in China.

The dumpster diving was better in Korea though.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Only place that seemed worth the hassle to settle down in for me was Taiwan and tbh I'm glad I didn't because anything more than a couple of years and I'd have been dead of american-level obesity and multiple heart attacks. Food's just too bloody good there. Kind of a shame but because I think there's always room for another fuckwit expat who gets real drunk and has the taiwanese independence flag tattooed on his face to his wife's eternal shame.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

SerthVarnee posted:

On the plus side, it seems like things are going better and better for them for every day that passes at the moment, so it looks like the crisis has been avoided or at least postponed for now.
Marriage might still end up in the dumpster once its time to go back on the plane, but it seems like the rest of the vacation plan is going to hold and be somewhere between tolerable and enjoyable.
So I'm quite pleased with the outcome of this event.
Don't think I've had such a lovely weekend in....20 years...though.

Somehow my brother has managed to get himself back from China in one piece, with both children AND the wife coming back with him.
Even more surprising is the fact that all of them are wearing big genuine smiles (the less surprising thing is that they also look quite exhausted from the Changsha -> Beijing -> Copenhagen flights)

So either my brother's wife managed to get all of those pent up frustrations out and went back to being okay with living in Denmark, or...actually, no I think that is about it for options, because the thought of my brother managing to sweet talk anyone or opening up his emotional side is completely alien to me.

Anyways, can't thank you lot enough for the help you gave me back when everything was going to absolute poo poo (according to the information provided to me by my brother, who knows what was actually going on).

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

SerthVarnee posted:

Somehow my brother has managed to get himself back from China in one piece, with both children AND the wife coming back with him.
Even more surprising is the fact that all of them are wearing big genuine smiles (the less surprising thing is that they also look quite exhausted from the Changsha -> Beijing -> Copenhagen flights)

So either my brother's wife managed to get all of those pent up frustrations out and went back to being okay with living in Denmark, or...actually, no I think that is about it for options, because the thought of my brother managing to sweet talk anyone or opening up his emotional side is completely alien to me.

Anyways, can't thank you lot enough for the help you gave me back when everything was going to absolute poo poo (according to the information provided to me by my brother, who knows what was actually going on).

:magical: that's literally amazing. I'm amazed. Good uh, work? someone. Or everyone. That's amazing. I'm very happy for your sister-in-law, your nephews and your brother I think. Also amazed.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

SerthVarnee posted:

Delurking

I'm glad for you and your family. This is second only to Caro returning from Syria in terms of surprises I've had on SA.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Yeah I got no clue how the gently caress that shitshow ended up as a perfect outcome, but I'll take it and not worry too much about the details.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Glad for you and yours mate.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm glad for you and your family. This is second only to Caro returning from Syria in terms of surprises I've had on SA.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
I was expecting a delayed, fraught return, but not any form of smiling. Good end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

SerthVarnee posted:

Yeah I got no clue how the gently caress that shitshow ended up as a perfect outcome, but I'll take it and not worry too much about the details.

Glad to hear it, I was actually pretty worried, even as a lurker.