Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I assume it has something to do with the LDS temple in SLC.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Fister Roboto posted:

This really is the essence of PC and why it's so irritating. Just a completely unearned smugness about listening to both sides of an issue but not actually standing for anything.

And the only one who listens to 'both sides' is the Republican. The Democrat is incredibly unwilling to listen to anyone or anything else, but the Republican does listen to both sides and makes the smart, sensible choice.

It's pathetically transparently not as centrist as it wants to appear.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

OK I move to create a new award category specifically about our old friend, the DEBT label: Kellies Nomination: Worst DEBT

Counterpoint: every cartoon should have a giant DEBT stamped in the corner for no discernable reason. Best DEBT

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
ʟᴏSS!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

https://twitter.com/MatttDavies/status/1638219035975340033 (thread)

At least one of the collections he's referring to may be found here: https://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2023/03/21/csotd-revisiting-iraq/

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes - Trump's Legal Baggage

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

I have to admit that I have no idea why she has a second, ghostly face hovering in the lower-left corner here. (Yes, I know it's supposed to be another person.)

Adam Zyglis

Dave Granlund

David Horsey

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Awful lot of Any Day Nows rolling in

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

I have to admit that I have no idea why she has a second, ghostly face hovering in the lower-left corner here. (Yes, I know it's supposed to be another person.)

It's trying to merge with the main face, with at least 3 other faces to spout out broken sentences.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Magnificent Anti-American Jihadis

Ted Rall posted:

Silicon Valley Bank, Signature Bank and other distressed banks have been done in by rapid increases in interest rates by the Federal Reserve Bank. These commercial banks had long positions in Treasury obligations that lost value as interest rates went up. With monetary friends like these…

First Dog on the Moon: It was a perfect day in Hobart to stand up for trans rights (which are human rights FYI)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Kellies nomination: gently caress you, [Artist name]-Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon

I'm just sick of these "People don't want Trump held accountable for their actions! Clearly this is just politics!" bullshit narrative.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 4, 2023

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

Wow. I'm pretty sure this is the most 'Ted Rall doesn't understand what he's talking about' cartoon I've seen

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Nenonen posted:

Yeah, that one is another strong Stanlies candidate. He's only got five of them for his political cartoons and two "cartoonist of the year" awards so I'm sure he could fit another one in his study.

Here's some poster art.
https://twitter.com/davpope/status/1435003681020145666

Excited to play this expansion to Everdell

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

I don't understand how anyone could ever have a negative word to say about Enos, his art is the cutest

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Randalor posted:

Kellies nomination: gently caress you, [Artist name]

I'm just sick of these "People don't want Trump held accountable for their actions! Clearly this is just politics!" bullshit narrative.

I'm wondering what part of this is a cartoon. There's neither joke nor punchline nor even a comedic depiction of anything. It's just... a drawing, a very ugly drawing, of what everyone knows republicans already believe.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
:piss: I have not thought about the Piss Tape for over a year I believe

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

Trapezium Dave posted:

"Terrorists have tanked the housing market"?

I guess Ted Rall wants American house prices to stay unaffordably high, or keep getting more unaffordable forever. Since he implies that all people with the agency to help "tank" those prices (Home builders? People who advocate/enact zoning reforms and densification to increase house supply? Anyone selling their house cheap so they can quickly downsize, move, or raise money for living expenses?) are "terrorists".

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

What is she holding here?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Murdstone posted:

What is she holding here?

Orange juice

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Shakespeare:

There is a play about Julia Gillard's prime ministership (called "Julia") which previews have said isn't that kind towards Kevin Rudd. When Rudd was asked about this he apparently wasn't aware a play existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl1_-HpVEFg

Yeah yeah, political cartoonist misunderstands pop culture literally everything, news at 11.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Biden is using his Veto to get to that sweet sweet common sense.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Gary Varvel

Kellies Nomination: Least concealed bigotry (Anti-semitism).

I'd almost want to make a new category, "Just say 'Jews'", but anti-semitism covers it for now.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Trapezium Dave posted:

Shakespeare:

There is a play about Julia Gillard's prime ministership (called "Julia") which previews have said isn't that kind towards Kevin Rudd. When Rudd was asked about this he apparently wasn't aware a play existed.

However good it might be, there's no way it can hold a candle to Keating! The Musical.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I love this one for how much it nakedly distills the core essence of a political cartoon. Just draw your enemy announcing "I know I said I had a good reason for my actions but actually, I'm lying!" It's so low effort, so undisguised, it's really quite incredible.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That Denis guy does look a bit of an rear end though.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

:fuckoff:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Hell ya lmao

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Global warming by Li Jiaying

Le Monde

by Herrmann from Switzerland
UBS buys Credit Swiss
"For 3 billion!"
"We should get gigabonuses!"

Charlie Hebdo

Can he bounce back?

First Iranian Know-how: Persuasion
"I am an imaginary executioner, I am an imaginary executioner, I am an imaginary executioner"

The following images are related to the business lawyers make from beaten women.

New Price listings for attorney costs
1. Letter 2. Labor fees 3. Consulting 4. Presence 5. Emergency phone call 6. Phone calls

"Long live retirement, I'm looking forward to getting back to watercolors."
"I'm lucky, I've wanted to drive trucks since I was a kid."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"yes trump committed a crime but they're only going after him for political reasons" is...a take i guess?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bTp6n2qJdI

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s Partygate defence – Boris Johnson has said he would ‘never have dreamed’ of intentionally misleading the House of Commons over Downing Street gatherings"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Met Police is ‘institutionally racist, sexist and broken’

Independent:

After The Bill.

Times:

After Yeames.

Evening Standard:

What is Google Bard? ChatGPT rival to begin UK rollout

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
:siren: remember to vote in the 2022 Kellies! :siren:

Voting will end April 5, and you can vote for only some categories if you prefer- but I'd like to keep our high participation count from prior years.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

"yes trump committed a crime but they're only going after him for political reasons" is...a take i guess?

As we all know, it is extremely illegal to do anything for political reasons.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

InsertPotPun posted:

They're going for the "literally everybody in politics does this but you're choosing to only go after Trump for it." angle.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Global warming by Li Jiaying

Polar ice caps are joining across the equator. A Climate Change Skeptic Cartoon.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Climate change and energy minister Chris Bowen, who is trying to get a "safeguard mechanism" of a set reduction per year from the most polluting industries but isn't prepared to agree to no new coil or gas projects (which is requested from the Greens who are needed to make the numbers).

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Downes:

Knight:

Victorian Liberal MP Moira Deeming was at that anti trans rally where neo nazis made salutes. Victorian Liberal leader John Pescutto is moving to expel her from the party but he is facing resistance from within and it is uncertain if he has the numbers.

Leak, Son of Leak:

CPSU = Community and Public Sector Union. The larger MEAA (Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance) called off planned industrial action when reaching an agreement with ABC management but the CPSU continued due to the lack of respect shown from management to bargaining. Moment ABC staff walk out mid-broadcast (news.com.au).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Randalor posted:

Kellies nomination: gently caress you, [Artist name]

That's the issue you take with this cartoon? Not the complete lack of absolutely anything besides the talking point du jour, stated so nakedly that even drunky duck would blush?