Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
there would most definitely be some sort of Dr Strangelove-esque bomber command who'd at least try to nuke China

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think any war with china now will be a not-war war where "rebels" with private citizen "advisors" are in armed conflict with china, similar to the current war against russia. actual declared war would be bad for "stability"

Hockenheim
Oct 20, 2022

by VG

HallelujahLee posted:

if even one of those lovely aircraft carriers gets sunk this insane nation will go ballistic look at the stupid poo poo over a balloon

Yeah, if a symbol of GlObAlIsM like the WTC whipped us into a frothing rage, an aircraft carrier would just straight up cause aneurysms in the majority of the population.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

25bps confirmed

live coverage of the Fed & Press conference here

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Well, I was wrong, cool

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

25 bps. Unanimous

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
lol I don't think people realize that 'trinkets' isn't the half of it.

even though the US does manufacture some complex poo poo(with robots) almost everything basic or major components of everything basic is from China manufacturing

everybody loves their thucydides trap poo poo but it ain't happening, just posturing

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

How does regulars in doomsday econ thread not understand that the US doesn't have any operating nukes anymore? Lmao

Neoliberalism is stripping copper out of the walls everywhere, including our own nuclear weapons. Do you think that the government has been investing into maintaining anything?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
either way china's gonna win and I'm glad

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
no Chinese ever called me "lifetime bitch"

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Dropped the "ongoing increases in the target rate" from the statement

Replaced with "some additional firming"

Numberrrrrrrrr

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dow Jones just went red, hey

And green again. gently caress off traders, panic time

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ammanas posted:

nah an actual conflict with china would be contained inside the south china sea for the most part and after an initial round of barrages with some really horrifying civilian casualties the US fleet would be sunk and america would enter a total dark age. probably complete internal collapse, potentially a civil war. a nazi regime with nominal regional control would emerge.

maybe they would then nuke china but i doubt it.

drat thats remarkably naive

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Hockenheim posted:

Yeah, if a symbol of GlObAlIsM like the WTC whipped us into a frothing rage, an aircraft carrier would just straight up cause aneurysms in the majority of the population.

just mass rage and insanity calling for blood

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
saw my aunt a few weeks ago and she told a story of her giving out mason jars of homemade jams to some of her friends, and when they were done they would throw away the jars. bitch where do you think my aunt got the jars that you're just gonna throw that poo poo out?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

dots

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Subvisual Haze posted:

If Taiwan was lost the ghouls who run the Empire would do some deep soul searching and then invade Iran

The Sword of Chiang would be unleashed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fed is forecasting rate cuts beginning at the last fomc in 2023. :allears:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Number exploding

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

JAYYYYYY

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Next meeting is 1 more 25bps or a pause then we start cutting. :greenangel:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

NeonPunk posted:

How does regulars in doomsday econ thread not understand that the US doesn't have any operating nukes anymore? Lmao

Neoliberalism is stripping copper out of the walls everywhere, including our own nuclear weapons. Do you think that the government has been investing into maintaining anything?

didn't obama do a "restore our vintage ICBM supply" program?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

NeonPunk posted:

I think Trump authorized a bunch of money to "refurbish" the arsenal, but there's no guarantee that the contractor didn't just pocket the money

The world would be much safer if our nukes were expired junk.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

STRONG STABLE RESILIENT ROBUST SAFE SOFT

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1638603483749154817

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

latest fed projections lmao

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Someone smarter than me tell me what this means

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Number collapsing!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

latest fed projections lmao

That says they are giving up on inflation and hoping it starts going down before they rate cute.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2008-style crash in the US's current "reality doesn't exist" era is going to be insane.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Spaced God posted:

Everything is fine

E: I'm not actually smart

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Spaced God posted:

The Fed is sacrificing regional banks as an acceptable loss in their battle against inflation.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

time to get a wheelbarrow

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Fed basically expecting the economy to be in recession the end of this year or early next year. Not really surprising.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

BANK DEATH MURDER DEATH

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

That says they are giving up on inflation and hoping it starts going down before they rate cute.

These projections get revised literally every single FOMC meeting. They don't mean anything. Jerome will come out and say they are raising rates until inflation hits their target rate.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I hope they keep raising rates until inflation is under control (it will never be under control)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

yep lol. I couldn't believe it when I heard them announce it on Bloomberg and had to wait for the chart to double check

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Spaced God posted:

No new covid cases by end of April

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

affordable access to rising inflation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

HallelujahLee posted:

time to get a wheelbarrow

BUY GOLD!!!!1!