Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

This new system for pool 3 cards in the token shop is almost as bad as the old version. Just give me a list of ones I dont have yet so I can pick instead of hoping one I want shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I had a genuine l o l when I saw that the “pick a free s3 card!” was ALSO a loving rotating shop

Thank god I’m s3 complete and pretty content to just let stuff trickle down so I can keep paying my 6k token tax to the bad villain cards I don’t really want anyway

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Hm shuri just showed up in my token shop which i should probably insta-buy but also I have barely any P3+ cards.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nikumatic posted:

I had a genuine l o l when I saw that the “pick a free s3 card!” was ALSO a loving rotating shop

Thank god I’m s3 complete and pretty content to just let stuff trickle down so I can keep paying my 6k token tax to the bad villain cards I don’t really want anyway
The way they worded the shop changes made me think that they were overhauling it completely....but instead yeah, it's still one card that you get to pin and one random card that they give you per month

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
did they make the change that infinite only plays against infinite? either way matches seem to be less bullshit in the upper 90s since patch

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Snazzy Frocks posted:

did they make the change that infinite only plays against infinite? either way matches seem to be less bullshit in the upper 90s since patch

Not yet. Played against a few infinite card backs today at 86.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

No Wave posted:

Big bundle at end of april. 5000 gold for 4500 collectors tokens + a Rian squirrel girl variant.

Worth it for Squirrel Girl.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Nikumatic posted:

Yeah it was a big wtf. Especially when Yellowjacket was my first one available lol. Why can’t they just do the obvious good thing from the start? Gotta wait to crank the “good” knobs when player retention starts dropping I guess?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Second Dinner can’t do anything without stepping on every rake in the yard.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

What kind of lunatic plays Shuri in a Galactus deck

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

What kind of lunatic plays Shuri in a Galactus deck
Second dinner's Nimrod hype video encouraged shuri+galactus. Still havent seen that combo in game!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

Second dinner's Nimrod hype video encouraged shuri+galactus. Still havent seen that combo in game!

I play it! It’s fun when it hits. Way too obvious though

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
The mobile game developer has a mechanic that encourages people to login to their game 3 times a day. This seems pretty standard (and dumb).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've been running that. It's absolutely a risk that makes your play super obvious, but tends to work more often than not. By the time you have that combo out all they can do is Cosmo or Goblin you, really, so it's not too bad

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
so wait, you are dropping a 4 power galactus? or are you trying to nakia or handbuff it more or what

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

so wait, you are dropping a 4 power galactus? or are you trying to nakia or handbuff it more or what

Presumably it's Shuri into Nimrod, and then his clones double up on the Galactus lane.

Are there stats for how often Nimrod is being used? I've maybe seen an opponent play him once or twice this season. I tried early on but couldn't get him to work.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hobo Clown posted:

Presumably it's Shuri into Nimrod, and then his clones double up on the Galactus lane.

More frequently it's Shuri + Death on turn 6. 60-power Knulls are funny and all, but most decks can't get over a surprise +26 on the last turn.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Snap.fan puts him at about 9% usage no matter how I move the data around. He's a card that is usually played alongside a better strategy so he tends to sit and rot in hands a lot - he probably isnt played out most of the time.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

No Wave posted:

I have (it was Cosmod)

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Guess I'll just play my rocks amd forfiet. Oh nm I only need 2 cards to win lol

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Fun fact you would have won with even just one shuri in the middle lane since 26 is enough to win both lanes.

And here I am being a dumb rear end trying to make Zabu/Psylock ramp Mr Negative out early so I can play a 0/5 Iron Man followed by a Mystique for a total of like 26 power if I draw the right cards in the exact right order every 10th game. Should have just picked Shuri Red Skull. Good thing the Shuri experts are assuring me that she is perfectly balanced, phew I would hate to lie awake at night worrying about that.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 22, 2023

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I had put away my Shuri deck but that variant was too good, im sorry

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Quetzadilla posted:

Hm shuri just showed up in my token shop which i should probably insta-buy but also I have barely any P3+ cards.

having gotten her early and then taken forever to open either Taskmaster or Aero I can assure you that she's quite good even in non-ideal decks, if you've got appropriately beefy boys/supporting elements in your limited p3 selection (i.e. I had Taskmaster/She-Hulk and used Zola over TM)

of course if you don't have any of that then yeah, maybe wait, but she's now only really in competition with S4 and S5 cards, so the opportunity cost in terms of "what decks can I play now/soon?" is actually much lower than when you had to weigh deploying tokens to target S3 cards - the choice is really her vs. saving for the perma S5 cards as they're the archetype defining ones, with a few role-players as a secondary consideration if you happen to have their supporting elements already (i.e. Surfer, Darkhawk, Knull if you already have Galactus, etc.)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't think I will ever buy Shuri or ever use her. I think the design philosophy behind her is more toxic for the game than anything else I've seen so far.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Huh.
Leveled up my chess playing Bishop card and got a cache from doing so.
Inside the cache: Steampunk Bishop

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Make Shuri double the power of the last card you played instead so there's a bit of nuance to it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Walla posted:

I don't think I will ever buy Shuri or ever use her. I think the design philosophy behind her is more toxic for the game than anything else I've seen so far.

I said this about Gambit yet in my hazmat deck along with wong and absorbing man he is too brutal to ignore lol

Just destroying every single opponent card is just so evil and I have to remind myself that they’d do it to me!!

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

priznat posted:

I said this about Gambit yet in my hazmat deck along with wong and absorbing man he is too brutal to ignore lol

Just destroying every single opponent card is just so evil and I have to remind myself that they’d do it to me!!

What's the deck, I've been looking for a gambit excuse

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Post nerf, Valkyrie is putting in WORK.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Pesterchum posted:

What's the deck, I've been looking for a gambit excuse

# (0) Yellowjacket
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Hazmat
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Gambit
# (4) Wong
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Leech
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWWVsbG93amFja2V0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMdWtlQ2FnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGF6bWF0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2FtYml0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYnNvcmJpbmdNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZWNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUeXBob2lkTWFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It’s tough getting wong and mystique on a spot but if you can and drop either hazmat or gambit then manage to pull odin or absorbing man after that, it’s brutal!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Walla posted:

what "design philosophy" is that exactly?

it's a card that buffs your next play, that's pretty darned innocuous from a design philosophy standpoint, the argument is really about whether the value she provides is too much vs. the meta, but since nearly everyone agrees she'd be bad at 5 energy it seems pretty obvious to me that it's about the numbers rather than abstract principles

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
What're everyone's thought re: Thanos post-patch? Still worth the tokens, or should I just get two s4 cards instead?
I'm currently at 5900 tokens with him locked in the shop, but I could just let him go and get like, Zabu, Surfer and/or Darkhawk

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If an effect is fundamentally too strong at 4 energy you move it to 5 energy or rework the effect. I have no idea why Shuri has become this insane waterloo thats dominated the game for 3 months or that preserving the soul of any card could be worth that. Makes no sense to me. Hand wringing about how she absolutely needs to both be 4 and have the same effect does not do anything it is not a solution it is just words she will still dominate the game next week.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

What're everyone's thought re: Thanos post-patch? Still worth the tokens, or should I just get two s4 cards instead?
I'm currently at 5900 tokens with him locked in the shop, but I could just let him go and get like, Zabu, Surfer and/or Darkhawk

My kneejerk reaction is "Well, I guess Quinjet is useless here now."

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
Now that I'm Pool 3 complete and have 6k tokens, I'm entirely undecided on who to buy (of the Thanos, Galactus, Kang crowd). Pre-nerf, I'd have said Thanos, but to be honest, I'm bad at the game and will just mess up the stones. Galactus might be OK, but I'm missing Knull for the follow-up punch. And Kang just sounds a bit boring (and I don't really see him fitting into many decks... although the Aero slot has slightly freed up in many, I guess)...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

priznat posted:

# (0) Yellowjacket
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Hazmat
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Gambit
# (4) Wong
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Leech
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWWVsbG93amFja2V0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMdWtlQ2FnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGF6bWF0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2FtYml0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYnNvcmJpbmdNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZWNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUeXBob2lkTWFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It’s tough getting wong and mystique on a spot but if you can and drop either hazmat or gambit then manage to pull odin or absorbing man after that, it’s brutal!
This combo I honestly hate the most

I was going to win a game earlier until someone played a similar deck and completely wiped my side of the board

That's way more aggravating than losing to Shuri/Red Skull/Taskmaster combos

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

LGD posted:

having gotten her early and then taken forever to open either Taskmaster or Aero I can assure you that she's quite good even in non-ideal decks, if you've got appropriately beefy boys/supporting elements in your limited p3 selection (i.e. I had Taskmaster/She-Hulk and used Zola over TM)

of course if you don't have any of that then yeah, maybe wait, but she's now only really in competition with S4 and S5 cards, so the opportunity cost in terms of "what decks can I play now/soon?" is actually much lower than when you had to weigh deploying tokens to target S3 cards - the choice is really her vs. saving for the perma S5 cards as they're the archetype defining ones, with a few role-players as a secondary consideration if you happen to have their supporting elements already (i.e. Surfer, Darkhawk, Knull if you already have Galactus, etc.)

Yeah my only real hesitation was that i like playing a disruptive control deck (and losing, mostly) but now that I'm up near cl600 people have real decks with P4/5 cards so even my troll tactics don't do poo poo. Tldr I bought her.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

No Wave posted:

I ran into one today. I realised what it was when Doc Ock pulled Galactus into play on top of Nimrod..

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Quetzadilla posted:

Yeah my only real hesitation was that i like playing a disruptive control deck (and losing, mostly) but now that I'm up near cl600 people have real decks with P4/5 cards so even my troll tactics don't do poo poo. Tldr I bought her.

you can always Shuri Hobgoblin :v:

e: also, more seriously, disruptive control remains a thing, it's just that it also really wants p3 cards - goblin, debrii, viper + hood for the trash decks, etc. Serra control may also be a bit better positioned with less early Leech on the ladder

LGD fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I was excited for Nimrod Galactus but I didn't feel like it was consistent enough.

Also in regards to some other comments I am to lazy to find on my phone, imo:

* Shuri is good in Galactus with Knull. Pump up something, make a lane a threat, hopefully they waste their Shang Chi. Boost a 0 cost Death. Either way, that bonus power is going somewhere.

* I like all three of psylocke, Electro and wave in a galactus deck. In many cases, for mine to work I-need- to bring the big guy out on 5.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 22, 2023