Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They just don't want gay people to exist in society. Just look at how they are spending all of this time and money 'investigating' places that hold drag shows now. Nobody is forcing you to go to a drag show but they are trying to get them de facto shut down by pulling liquor licenses of event spaces that hold them on the 'excuse' that minors might have been in the general area when the shows were on.

You couple that with the fact that you can't discuss LGTBQ+ people in schools and it's absolutely an intent to indoctrinate people against acceptance of others. I don't think it's going to work because they really would have needed to do this like 20 years ago for it to have any real effect, but they're certainly going to try.

The trans thing is even more disgusting, of course, since you are targeting some of the most vulnerable people in society just because you can, and not for any legitimate reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

I know that this is A) red meat for fundamentalists and B) a reason to ban LGBT teachers as a whole from teaching, but you have to wonder how many true believers really think they can protect their 18 year olds from the concept of that it is possible to be gay. It's *everywhere* now, especially online. Hell, the same rule basically applied to my education in the Midwest and basically everyone I know came out in college, including me, and it was still not a positive thing to be queer in the 00s.

It's just such an insane delusion that you have to wonder how it can even be propped up.

The parents aren't hiding the very existence of gay people from kids. They're telling the kids all about their own personal vision of gay people.

The point is to keep kids away any positive or humanizing views of LGBTQ+ people until they're old enough that the parents have had plenty of time to build up the kid's worldview to their own taste. It's an attempt to keep the school system from interfering with their ability to pass their bigotry down to the next generation.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Main Paineframe posted:

The parents aren't hiding the very existence of gay people from kids. They're telling the kids all about their own personal vision of gay people.

The point is to keep kids away any positive or humanizing views of LGBTQ+ people until they're old enough that the parents have had plenty of time to build up the kid's worldview to their own taste. It's an attempt to keep the school system from interfering with their ability to pass their bigotry down to the next generation.

This more broadly I think is the ultimate point of a lot of the culture war crap: older bigots are learning to their horror that younger generations don't accept their horseshit anymore, and are in general more accepting and inclusive. This is doubly a threat, as it challenges parental supremacy and also as these assholes usually see civil rights as a zero-sum game where if the disfavored outgroup gains, the supremacist ingroup must lose. And so you see these laws about what can be taught in schools, and parental rights, and "school choice" as a way to try to shovel back that tide, to keep the young from being exposed to positive influences that would show them there's nothing to fear from the other, and instead make them the next link in the chain of a dying ideology that none of us will miss once it's finally in its richly-deserved grave.

Will this work long-term? I'd be shocked, barring some fictional plot device-level event that radically recasts American society and government, but in the short term a lot of people's lives will be made worse, and in likely distressing numbers, ended.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

the_steve posted:

I think it's at least partly based on the incredibly stupid mindset that being gay or any other flavor of LGBT is a choice.
That you just woke up one day and said "Yeah, I am choosing to only be attracted to dudes.", and that with enough punishment you'll learn your lesson and stop trying to make your parents look bad in front of the church group.

They think that because that's how things work for them. They have been taught all their lives to repress any aspect of individuality or emotion or personal expression that goes against what they've been told is right and moral and decent. It's actually tolerable to them, in a sense, to have same-sex attraction, but you're supposed to keep that in your head like any other sin, not act on it. And you certainly shouldn't challenge the social order by suggesting that you should be able to be open about those feelings, without retribution.

So yeah, your sexuality may not be something you choose, but publically out and saying that you shouldn't be executed for it is a choice. We may see it as the obvious choice, but it's not, to them. We could recloset, stay closeted to begin with, or just stay in total denial and never even let ourselves seriously consider being queer. TBH it really is way more convenient to just try to live as cis/straight, at least superficially. You certainly get more privilege. I just couldn't handle it. I'd rather be dead than live a self-imposed life of non-existence. It's like being a ghost. And it doesn't really work to try to force it, anyway. I really actually am not a man, even if I let my facial hair grow out and make a good show of it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Main Paineframe posted:

More what I meant that by the time your kid hits their teens you've either succeeded or failed at that and surely they must understand that. Tactically it makes sense to try and wipe out positive GSM role models for young kids but 15 year olds are just going to go online and find them, they can't be stopped. I know this is all being done by boomers who think that if you burn a book them you delete it from existence but that's just not how it works anymore.

Like I said I can see this manifesting most in teachers being banned from being visibly LGBT+, because if your coach is gay and you respect them then that's a no-go. But the idea of banning it from the curriculum for older kids is almost toothless. But hey, whatever these assholes can do to make it one tiny bit harder to be LGBT+ is good for their book.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Queering Wheel posted:

Speaking of Florida, they just advanced a bill out of committee to ban transition insurance coverage for all trans people, including adults now, in case anyone still thought it was ever about the kids or sports or whatever the gently caress

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1638603424429113344?s=20

LGBTQ+ people are in grave loving danger and it's not getting nearly enough attention

im curious, does this only apply to florida-regulated insurance plans (which many people, receiving employer coverage, likely do not have) or does it somehow, like, outlaw even federally regulated plans from paying for trans health stuff?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

FlamingLiberal posted:

They just don't want gay people to exist.

Fixed that for you. They do not want LGTBQ+ people back in the closet. They want them dead.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
USCE Winter 2023: The ongoing and mostly ignored trans genocide

Somebody make a funny title version of this because I sure as gently caress can't

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
There are perpetual growing pains in this space - alongside the fascism/supremacy/*phobia/genocide/etc. of it all - of generations who were themselves raised in the mindset of "mom/dad is the ultimate authority in all respects", struggling against the concept that you don't own someone you choose to parent, regardless of how they were brought into the world/your life. The name/gender/sexuality/etc. you imposed upon them aren't anything they're obligated to maintain in perpetuity just because those things originated from you. It's like new, markedly deadlier flavors of the "I don't want your life!" of it all like some kid choosing engineering over sports, egged on by shitheads who want every scrap they can scrounge up of additional power/privilege over someone else.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

Somebody make a funny title version of this because I sure as gently caress can't

Don't think there's any lemonade to be made from that lemon.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

...empty chairs at trans tables?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

lobster shirt posted:

im curious, does this only apply to florida-regulated insurance plans (which many people, receiving employer coverage, likely do not have) or does it somehow, like, outlaw even federally regulated plans from paying for trans health stuff?

This is a weird messaging bill that will never become law or be enforceable, but I looked at the bill and it tries to ban any health insurance company who offers plans (including the federal government - extreme lmao and good luck - because Florida refused to set up their own Obamacare exchange, so the Feds run it) in Florida from providing "coverage for gender clinical interventions" and requires all doctors in Florida to get extra malpractice insurance to cover them in case they ever perform any.

So, they are trying to essentially either ban all health insurance (including that offered by the federal government) in the state of Florida or force every health insurer in the country to stop covering "gender clinical interventions" or be banned from Florida.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Speaking of people driven insane by the pandemic, you can include all the parents who've gone full We Must Secure A Future For Our Children.

I like to think that this is the last violent throws of a dying monster. They finally realized their power is slipping away and they're trying to stop the tide. Maybe it means they're beaten, that they're lashing out like this, but that's not really a solace to the people hurt because a Parent got Angry at being told they aren't the almighty lord of their child's schooling.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Paracaidas posted:

https://twitter.com/Brandi_Buchman/status/1638542128224542723?s=20

"If you want peace, prepare for war," is a notion that's is 1600 years old, but drat if this guy picked the dumbest possible way to express it.

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 22, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jaxyon posted:

Spring 2023: Spring forward one hour, move human rights 400 years back

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

This is a weird messaging bill that will never become law or be enforceable, but I looked at the bill and it tries to ban any health insurance company who offers plans (including the federal government - extreme lmao and good luck - because Florida refused to set up their own Obamacare exchange, so the Feds run it) in Florida from providing "coverage for gender clinical interventions" and requires all doctors in Florida to get extra malpractice insurance to cover them in case they ever perform any.

So, they are trying to essentially either ban all health insurance (including that offered by the federal government) in the state of Florida or force every health insurer in the country to stop covering "gender clinical interventions" or be banned from Florida.

As if Florida doesn't have enough problems with insurance.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

when do we just cut out the middle man and make it illegal to have medical care?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

AriadneThread posted:

when do we just cut out the middle man and make it illegal to have medical care?

If you ban medical care, think of all the lost profits!

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Jaxyon posted:

Trans genocides are genocides

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kanos posted:

If you ban medical care, think of all the lost profits!
effective medical care. "sorry but penicillin is outlawed for infections, but we have plenty of horse paste!"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Staluigi posted:

Trans genocides are genocides

I looked it up, and technically they aren't. The ICC definition of genocide does not include gender or sexual minorities, presumably so a bunch of lovely countries full of assholes could continue to violate basic human rights without getting on the wrong side of international law.

But, practically, I agree it's a genocide.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

PT6A posted:

I looked it up, and technically they aren't. The ICC definition of genocide does not include gender or sexual minorities, presumably so a bunch of lovely countries full of assholes could continue to violate basic human rights without getting on the wrong side of international law.

But, practically, I agree it's a genocide.

Since the ICC definition only counts ethnic, national, racial, and religious grounds, it wouldn't count as a genocide if someone murdered all the republicans, either. :v:

As for the generally quiet allies -- that's normal. We expect that. Dr. King famously made a point that people who are not directly involved but "care" are woefully unprepared to do anything to assist if it takes even a tiny amount of effort on their part. See: masks and people finding them an unbearable burden to use even if prevents people from literally dying. It's unfortunate, but we LGBTwhatsits are going to have to handle this without our allies for the most part.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You likely already know this, but I think it's vitally important for everyone to realize that the point of a lot of legislation isn't that it can be used directly. A lot of signaling in this fashion is to terrify people of vague things so they err far on the side of caution. Typically it results in marginalized people being further ostracized, and leads to a group of people being seen as illegal and thus an acceptable target to harass, debase, or kill. Virtually all the anti-gay laws and things of that ilk are meant to terrorize and invalidate, less so to criminalize. It's already been shown that vague laws like this can lead to doctors fleeing the state to avoid the headache -- like in Idaho. I imagine this a well-trod path for people in think tanks or the assholes who write ALEC templates.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I guess I'll get a little insufferably pedantic on ICC definitions because I actually thought going after a political party was genocide. So regarding:

Ershalim posted:

Since the ICC definition only counts ethnic, national, racial, and religious grounds, it wouldn't count as a genocide if someone murdered all the republicans, either. :v:

I found this:

https://www.icc-cpi.int/sites/default/files/Publications/understanding-the-icc.pdf

I guess it's not genocide but it is crimes against humanity. Per page 24:

quote:

persecution against an identifiable group on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious or gender grounds;

But regarding transgender oppression: I guess the ICC is dancing around transgender categorization right now.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Agreed...it's not at all important to the fascists if the laws hold up in court, or are hypocritical, or enforceable, or could have some ridiculous side effects.

The purpose is to deliver the red meat and to scare vulnerable groups.

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
I know I'm late to the game but I live in Arkansas in a retirement community.

The exact people most likely to die from COVID were the same people insisting on going to loving Wal-mart maskless. Lockdowns were entirely toothless, because it literally had no enforcement mechanism. Some 16 year old Walmart employee tries to tell a 70 year old idiot to put on a mask and gets screamed at. You cant call the cops, and good luck kicking them out of the store without getting every other crotchety geriatric in the area riled up.

It was incredible how broken public-facing employees became. They were terrified to say anything, and there were tons of old assholes actively flaunting any mask rules with the deliberate hope of causing a confrontation.

Entirely unrelated, my area had a huge influx of younger, out-of-state people buying up homes in estate sales.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

US Foreign Policy posted:

Entirely unrelated, my area had a huge influx of younger, out-of-state people buying up homes in estate sales.

Great they can have some kids and have them ready for the workforce in only a few short years.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

I know that this is A) red meat for fundamentalists and B) a reason to ban LGBT teachers as a whole from teaching, but you have to wonder how many true believers really think they can protect their 18 year olds from the concept of that it is possible to be gay. It's *everywhere* now, especially online. Hell, the same rule basically applied to my education in the Midwest and basically everyone I know came out in college, including me, and it was still not a positive thing to be queer in the 00s.

It's just such an insane delusion that you have to wonder how it can even be propped up.

They don’t think they can stop people from being gay. They want to hurt and kill gay people, and a key step is excluding them from public life.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

https://www.icc-cpi.int/sites/default/files/Publications/understanding-the-icc.pdf

persecution against an identifiable group on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious or gender grounds;

Things I think I was better off not knowing: oh, look, mass murder of disabled people is fine under ICC rules.

Though, I guess real loving technically, sexual and gender minorities should be protected under "cultural" grounds - if you murdered all the queer people, more queer people would still be born, but they would create a different culture than current queer culture ( no matter how nebulous "queer culture" is ).

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

US Foreign Policy posted:

I know I'm late to the game but I live in Arkansas in a retirement community.

The exact people most likely to die from COVID were the same people insisting on going to loving Wal-mart maskless. Lockdowns were entirely toothless, because it literally had no enforcement mechanism. Some 16 year old Walmart employee tries to tell a 70 year old idiot to put on a mask and gets screamed at. You cant call the cops, and good luck kicking them out of the store without getting every other crotchety geriatric in the area riled up.

It was incredible how broken public-facing employees became. They were terrified to say anything, and there were tons of old assholes actively flaunting any mask rules with the deliberate hope of causing a confrontation.

I haven't gotten in a serious fistfight since high school. I nearly got into one in 2021 when I stepped in to stop some rear end in a top hat screaming at a young (teenage, maybe?) retail worker who'd taken that bait. I'm not saying this to brag or come off as some badass, I'm so not; my adrenaline jumped and I was the borderline giddy/terrified you get when physical danger is present, and truth be told he probably had fifty pounds on me and I could have gotten my poo poo wrecked, but for whatever reason he blinked first, caved, and stormed off in what he thought was a face-saving rant.

Her manager materialized thirty seconds once it no longer mattered, of course.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I haven't gotten in a serious fistfight since high school. I nearly got into one in 2021 when I stepped in to stop some rear end in a top hat screaming at a young (teenage, maybe?) retail worker who'd taken that bait. I'm not saying this to brag or come off as some badass, I'm so not; my adrenaline jumped and I was the borderline giddy/terrified you get when physical danger is present, and truth be told he probably had fifty pounds on me and I could have gotten my poo poo wrecked, but for whatever reason he blinked first, caved, and stormed off in what he thought was a face-saving rant.

Her manager materialized thirty seconds once it no longer mattered, of course.

He blinked first because "yelling at young retail worker" carries zero risk, but since you confronted him the interaction started to carry some slight risk to himself, and since he was a loving coward he bailed on the interaction.

Bullies and worse always pick on people who are weaker, or that they perceive as weaker, than themselves. It's why those "protect the children!!!" scumbags show up to drag shows which they think is filled with weaklings, instead of leather bars which are filled with more traditionally percived strong men.

Jokes on them, drag queens will murder their rear end with their stilletos, but the perception of strength is the important part.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 23, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jaxyon posted:

We know that working from home is better for productivity just like we know open offices kill productivity, it doesn't matter and never did, the only thing that matters is managers get to feel powerful, that's 90% of office culture

So much about office jobs is literally just daily improv theatre to entertain middle management.

Twincityhacker posted:

He blinked first because "yelling at young retail worker" carries zero risk, but since you confronted him the interaction started to carry some slight risk to himself, and since he was a loving coward he bailed on the interaction.

Bullies and worse always pick on people who are weaker, or that they perceive as weaker, than themselves. It's why those "protect the children!!!" scumbags show up to drag shows which they think is filled with weaklings, instead of leather bars which are filled with more traditionally percived strong men.

Jokes on them, drag queens will murder their rear end with their stilletos, but the perception of strength is the important part.

And this is where the constant Democrat :decorum: and taking the high ground and looking civilised is loving killing people. Send in the National Guard to point guns at some of these people- and the cops who protect them- and suddenly it'll get a lot quieter.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

I AM GRANDO posted:

They don’t think they can stop people from being gay. They want to hurt and kill gay people, and a key step is excluding them from public life.

This is correct. All they care about is the dopamine rush from feeling like they're on the winning team that gets to hurt people they hate. It's why they love Trump so much- because he actually won, and ended the charade of Republican "policy".

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

DeSantis tested out his first blistering attacks against Trump in an interview with Piers Morgan.

quote:

In the Stormy Daniels case. Well, there’s a lot of speculation about what the underlying conduct is. That is purported to be it, and the reality is that’s just outside my wheelhouse.

quote:

A political leader should try to be like our founding fathers and have character.

quote:

George Washington always put the Republic over his own personal interest.

quote:

Morgan: Can you name some policies where you differ with President Trump?

DeSantis: The approach to COVID was different. I would have fired somebody like Fauci. I think [Fauci] got way too big for his britches, and I think he did a lot of damage.

quote:

Morgan: What do you think about Trump's name for you, Ron DeSanctimonious?

DeSantis: I don’t really know what it means, but I kind of like it. It’s long, it’s got a lot of vowels. We’ll go with that, that’s fine. I mean, you can call me whatever you want, just as long as you also call me a winner, because that’s what we’ve been able to do in Florida, is put a lot of points on the board and really take this state to the next level.

DeSantis is starting his salvo against Trump looking like a huge weiner. It has strong shades of Rick Perry polling at 48% and then down to 10% when he first opened his mouth in public.

:sad:

quote:

DeSantis, Doubling Down, Presses Questions About Trump’s Character

In an interview with Piers Morgan, the Florida governor sought to strike a clear contrast with Donald Trump, calling himself a low-drama “winner.”

Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, the closest prospective rival to Donald J. Trump in early polls of the 2024 Republican presidential primary, pressed forward with questions about the former president’s character and pointed to himself as a low-drama “winner” in an interview this week with the British media personality Piers Morgan.

The interview, which Mr. Morgan wrote about Tuesday for The New York Post, was striking in terms of how expansive Mr. DeSantis was and of his choice of interviewer: Mr. Morgan, like Mr. DeSantis, has been a target of Mr. Trump’s ire.

The interview took place at some point after an event Mr. DeSantis held on Monday in Panama City, Fla., where he criticized the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg, who is expected to indict Mr. Trump on charges related to hush-money payments to a porn star who said she had an affair with him. After that event, Mr. DeSantis also highlighted Mr. Trump’s personal conduct.

In the interview with Mr. Morgan, Mr. DeSantis took clear aim at Mr. Trump’s often-criticized penchant for chaos and for hiring people who were at odds with his professed policy interests and who often leaked information to the news media.

“I also think just in terms of my approach to leadership, I get personnel in the government who have the agenda of the people and share our agenda,” Mr. DeSantis said. “You bring your own agenda in, you’re gone. We’re just not going to have that. So, the way we run the government, I think, is no daily drama, focus on the big picture and put points on the board, and I think that’s something that’s very important.”

When Mr. Morgan asked Mr. DeSantis “if he meant to be as censorious as he sounded” in his comments on Monday mentioning Mr. Trump’s personal conduct, the governor replied: “Well, there’s a lot of speculation about what the underlying conduct is. That is purported to be it, and the reality is that’s just outside my wheelhouse.”

Jason Miller, a senior adviser to Mr. Trump, slammed Mr. DeSantis for the interview.

“Ron DeSantis has finally shown his true colors,” he wrote on Twitter. “An establishment Never Trumper who despises the MAGA base and was faking it the entire time.”

Taylor Budowich, a top official at the super PAC supporting Mr. Trump and a former spokesman for the president, wrote, “While the entire conservative movement is united against the unjust indictment of President Donald Trump, DeSantis is choosing to go off half-cocked and take shots on some low-rent vlog.”

Mr. DeSantis, who has shied away from the mainstream news media, sounded a bullish note about running for president. He is expected to formally announce his candidacy in the coming months.

“If I were to run, I’m running against Biden,” Mr. DeSantis said. He added that he would keep his focus on “Biden because I think he’s failed the country. I think the country wants a change. I think they want a fresh start and a new direction, and so we’ll be very vocal about that.”

Asked if he could beat President Biden, he said, “I think so.”

Mr. Morgan wrote in The Post that when he asked a question about the conduct of leaders, Mr. DeSantis responded, “You really want to look to people like our founding fathers, like what type of character? It’s not saying that you don’t ever make a mistake in your personal life, but I think what type of character are you bringing?”

He pointed to George Washington — who “always put the Republic over his own personal interest” — as an example.

At another point, he described “truth” as “essential,” a notable comment in a discussion about Mr. Trump, who is known for telling falsehoods and whose lies about the 2020 election have dominated political life in the country for two years.

Mr. DeSantis, who has faced attacks from Mr. Trump over Covid restrictions in Florida at the beginning of the pandemic, sought to turn the tables.

“The approach to Covid was different,” Mr. DeSantis said. “I would have fired somebody like Fauci. I think he got way too big for his breeches, and I think he did a lot of damage.”

In reality, Mr. Trump did not have direct control over Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the infectious-disease expert whom Republicans turned into a villain as the pandemic continued.

Mr. DeSantis, who graduated from Yale University, claimed not to “know how to spell” one of Mr. Trump’s nicknames for him, Ron DeSanctimonious.

“I don’t really know what it means, but I kind of like it,” Mr. DeSantis said. “It’s long, it’s got a lot of vowels. We’ll go with that, that’s fine. I mean, you can call me whatever you want, just as long as you also call me a winner, because that’s what we’ve been able to do in Florida, is put a lot of points on the board and really take this state to the next level.”

Mr. DeSantis’s aggression this week has surprised Republican operatives and Trump allies. His comments to Mr. Morgan came a day after Mr. Trump made a statement on his social media site, Truth Social, insinuating that Mr. DeSantis might be gay — a response to Mr. DeSantis’s comments about “hush money” and “porn stars.” (Mr. Trump has denied having an affair with Stormy Daniels, the porn star in the New York case.)

“Ron DeSanctimonious will probably find out about FALSE ACCUSATIONS & FAKE STORIES sometime in the future, as he gets older, wiser, and better known, when he’s unfairly and illegally attacked by a woman, even classmates that are ‘underage’ (or possibly a man!),” Mr. Trump wrote on Monday. “I’m sure he will want to fight these misfits just like I do!”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/21/us/politics/desantis-trump-piers-morgan.html

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 23, 2023

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Hopefully trump humiliates desantis and all of the other losers who run against him, gets the nomination, then loses to biden a second time

e: and the same pattern repeats until he’s dead

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh good lord Trump is going to wipe the floor with this guy

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

both of them sound like idiots but i'm not the target and the people who are the target aren't going to get excited by Desantis and loving LOVE trumps stupid bullshit

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AriadneThread posted:

USCE Spring 2023: it's illegal to have medical care

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I complain a lot about democrat decorum, but republican decorum manages to be both way more pathetic and absolutely hilarious.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

My favorite part is DeSantis doing his budget George W. Bush impression, where the guy who went to Yale and Harvard pretends he doesn't know what the what word "Sanctimonious" means and tries to connect with the common folk by saying "Gee, I don't know. It’s got a lot of vowels. I can't even spell that word."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

This was always going to be the situation though. The only way Trump doesn't is if Trump is somehow off the board either through incarceration, long-term or permanent incapacitation, or death. DeSantis is Discount Trump, and Republican voters are more than willing to pay full price to get the purestrain Trump if it's still on the shelf rather than settle for the store brand knock off. DeSantis is a gormless dork who played the game on easy mode in his bedroom all alone and now thinks he's good enough to try online multiplayer and his first opponent is a guy playing with aim and speed hacks who's about to ruthlessly beclown him AND call him about 50 different slurs he didn't even realize were real derogatory terms for another human being.