Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does two Wongs make a right? I mean do they make it cast 3 times or 4 times?

4. That’s why you Wong Mystique for maximum gently caress you with Hazmat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bottom Liner posted:

And then you drop Odin there on 6 and get 8 more :devil:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay is there anything that actually beats Shuri? I've been stuck at 65 with Serahawk, but it's literally nothing but Shuri decks anywhere on the ladder right now and even enchantress + Shang Chi is not enough to consistently beat this poo poo. I really wanted to play the bounce deck but it just gets dumpstered by Shuri and I'm very much in a "If I can't beat them just play the bullshit" mode myself.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Bottom Liner posted:

Opopanax posted:

And then you drop Odin there on 6 and get 8 more :devil:

Just gonna take the opportunity to show this off again:

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Made it to 95. Little over a week to make it to infinite.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Shrui got me to 95. The deck is faltering now. I think too many people have figured it out or I'm just not getting lucky draws with my groundwork before dropping the heavies. Lots of Leeches, lots of Aero counters, lots of Spiderman/Wave to Professor X lane counters.. I had to fall back on a Dino-Jet deck, which is gaining me slow but steady ground. Up to 98 tonight.

One thing I've noticed is a TON of people who already have Infinite still going SO HARD against everyone else. Like calm the gently caress down dude, you've got your prize, leave something for the rest of us.

Also, loving FINALLY got Dracula from the Tier 3 freebie thing. Next season I think I'm going to try discard for a while.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 23, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay is there anything that actually beats Shuri? I've been stuck at 65 with Serahawk, but it's literally nothing but Shuri decks anywhere on the ladder right now and even enchantress + Shang Chi is not enough to consistently beat this poo poo. I really wanted to play the bounce deck but it just gets dumpstered by Shuri and I'm very much in a "If I can't beat them just play the bullshit" mode myself.

Yea I flipped to that mode today and dusted off shuri.

If you’re up against a half decent player then your hope is early leech, lucky cosmo snipe, they miss cards or the locations are in your favor. Otherwise play it out until they snap :/

I get wanting to slow play nerfs but still cannot get over how poo poo this patch was. If I didn’t have shuri myself it’d probably be time to find another game at least until the next patch

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

New Leaf posted:

Shrui got me to 95. The deck is faltering now. I think too many people have figured it out or I'm just not getting lucky draws with my groundwork before dropping the heavies. Lots of Leeches, lots of Aero counters, lots of Spiderman/Wave to Professor X lane counters.. I had to fall back on a Dino-Jet deck, which is gaining me slow but steady ground. Up to 98 tonight.

One thing I've noticed is a TON of people who already have Infinite still going SO HARD against everyone else. Like calm the gently caress down dude, you've got your prize, leave something for the rest of us.

Also, loving FINALLY got Dracula from the Tier 3 freebie thing. Next season I think I'm going to try discard for a while.
What are you losing to with Shuri? Am looking for decks that beat it.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I finally reached Level 65 for the first time, and I was rewarded with a Chibi Misty Knight, at least it wasn't a god awful Pixel variant.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the_american_dream posted:

Yea I flipped to that mode today and dusted off shuri.

If you’re up against a half decent player then your hope is early leech, lucky cosmo snipe, they miss cards or the locations are in your favor. Otherwise play it out until they snap :/

I get wanting to slow play nerfs but still cannot get over how poo poo this patch was. If I didn’t have shuri myself it’d probably be time to find another game at least until the next patch

I don't even get it. They even hit the correct nerfs to the Thanos deck (Quinjet absolutely should not make things cost 0, putting the Sera/Zabu rider on it was a sanity check) without mauling it, the She-hulk nerf was good.. just.. they didn't touch Shuri. And buffed Red Skull. :psyduck:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Did they change the matchmaking? My matchups today has been Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, and Shuri if I counted correctly.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m not even sure the quinjet nerf was correct. All they had to do there was count thanos’ stones as being a part of the deck without hurting a pretty fun Hood/Demon payoff

Artelier posted:

Did they change the matchmaking? My matchups today has been Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, Shuri, and Shuri if I counted correctly.

For me and a buddy irl it’s strictly if you can’t beat ‘em join em deal. I’d imagine the same for most until they hit infinite.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The quinjet nerf is pretty dumb since outside of Thanos it works with like 3 cards and a couple locations, it definitely wasn't hurting anything

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also would’ve been ok to make Shuri an ongoing “shuris lab” lab effect in her lane like Wong for Kamar Taj

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

the_american_dream posted:

For me and a buddy irl it’s strictly if you can’t beat ‘em join em deal. I’d imagine the same for most until they hit infinite.

I mean, I have a Shuri deck too. I'm not playing it and haven't played it in like a couple of weeks, but before the patch my match variety was a teeeeeeny bit more interesting.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And since then they buffed the shuri deck and nerfed thanos. Just attempting to answer the question you asked, friend :)

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My Shuri deck just lost 8 matches in a row so lol that she's this unbeatable wondercard

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Hobo Clown posted:

My Shuri deck just lost 8 matches in a row so lol that she's this unbeatable wondercard
I remember reading this post about thanos too!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hobo Clown posted:

Aeros and Shang chis?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I think the Quinjet nerf was the right move because that's something that'll probably cause even more massive unforseeable problems down the line but not nerfing Shuri even a little bit is the dumbest

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

No Wave posted:

What are you losing to with Shuri? Am looking for decks that beat it.

Galactus-Knull namely. They'll wait for one of your heavies to come out, Galactus to wipe the board, then the Knull is just that much more powerful - not to mention the Taskmaster you probably just played is now a completely useless 5/0. And then it took you 5 rounds of them dicking around and wasting your time to get there. Other than that, just.. random poo poo and bad luck, really.

It surprises a lot of people but frankly, after playing it for weeks now, if you don't get the perfect draw to get your defense cards out the deck is kind of a one trick pony. You're banking on two chonks surviving to win the game, so anything that deals with board control or destruction is going to eat you alive. If you don't have your Armor down to protect them or your Cosmo out to prevent Shang-Chi, it's game over. Hell, if THEY Cosmo it can be a game ender depending on where they put it because it might prevent your Taskmaster from doing anything. Even with Aero's debuff, all it takes is one to pull your Taskmaster into the same lane as your Red Skull or whoever you manage to get down for you to lose because it's highly unlikely any of the other cards you've put out are going to amount to anything.

This would be the ideal setup - turn 1, whatever.. Sunspot/Iceman/Nightcrawler. Turn 2, Armor. Turn 3, Cosmo on a different spot than Armor. Turn 4, Shuri. Turn 5, Red Skull on Cosmo. Turn 6, Taskmaster on Armor. If all of that doesn't happen there's no guarantee of a win. If either Skull or Taskmaster are unprotected you're vulnerable to all the main counters. If you don't get Armor you'll get Shang-Chi'd. If you don't get Cosmo, they'll just Aero and stack your two biggies and overwhelm you in the other spots because they've been laying actual cards down. That doesn't mean you can't win. Turn 4 Shuri, Turn 5 skip, Turn 6 She-Hulk - Taskmaster is viable assuming they haven't cornered you somehow by shutting down lanes or laying traps like Goblins or whatever. Then there's games where Shuri doesn't come out at all, or she comes out too late. Yeah, you've got some heavies, but that's it really. The rest of your deck isn't full of mid-level power so you might be able to win one lane handily and 50/50 a win out of the other.

Plus, there's a lot of locations that gently caress you over. Lamentis-1 can ruin your entire combo, loving Dream Dimension wrecks you because you need to lay Skull on 5 so now you're reliant on having all the pieces in place for She-Hulk + Taskmaster on 6.. Morag because you'll rarely if ever be playing more than one card a turn, Quantum Realm, Sakkar dragging Shuri or one of your big dogs out too early, Big House + any other limited area like Sanctum or one of the Bars, The Peak wrecking your heavies, TVA, Mindscape.. Collapsed Mine can throw off your rhythm, you'll never be able to fill Mojoworld or the Raft so they'll have that edge on you.. You get what I'm saying. It's really not the giant "WIN" button everyone thinks it is.

Edit: Even on Snap.fan it's only a 60% win rate. A basic Odin Reveal deck is 55.5%, Kazoo is 56%.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 23, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sandwolf posted:

Aeros and Shang chis?

Enchantress killing Armor followed by Shang killing Red Skull, or the nerf killing my Aero, or them just pulling higher power other ways. It's also a lot of unlucky draws and really poo poo locations.

If I can hit Shuri -> Red Skull -> Taskmaster, then yeah it's usually a win or a retreat but having those three available when I need them happens less than 10% of the time and the other plays aren't working.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I just became Pool 3 Complete tonight (thanks free Orka in the shop). What is the current rates of drops from Collectors Caches? What should be my game plan here? Every article I find seems woefully out of date. Right now I'm just pinning Pool 4-5 cards I want and saving up tokens. Got Galactus yesterday and just pinned Kang.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I just became Pool 3 Complete tonight (thanks free Orka in the shop). What is the current rates of drops from Collectors Caches? What should be my game plan here? Every article I find seems woefully out of date. Right now I'm just pinning Pool 4-5 cards I want and saving up tokens. Got Galactus yesterday and just pinned Kang.

I also became Pool 3 Complete today, honestly, but I have 4900 tokens and no Galactus, Kang, or Thanos. What do?

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
The best Shuri counter I've been hit by besides the Cosmo into my Wong lane is a Valkyrie gutting my big boy before I drop taskmaster/destroyer. I do wonder if Valkyrie was series 3 if the meta wouldn't be so Shuri centric.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Joink posted:

The best Shuri counter I've been hit by besides the Cosmo into my Wong lane is a Valkyrie gutting my big boy before I drop taskmaster/destroyer. I do wonder if Valkyrie was series 3 if the meta wouldn't be so Shuri centric.
Cerebro 3 with Valkyrie has been my most played deck this season, and it's insanely satisfying to knock Red Skull down to 3 power before Taskmaster or Zola hits. It's probably one of the most fun cards in the game to play, particularly because it's not common enough for people to expect it yet. I very rarely go for 8 cubes, but there's been a few times that she's won them for me.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Sometime I get into such an autopilot mode with Shuri I do the dumbest poo poo and then i still accidentally win lol

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Youremother posted:

I think the Quinjet nerf was the right move because that's something that'll probably cause even more massive unforseeable problems down the line but not nerfing Shuri even a little bit is the dumbest

A month from now we can imagine how Hit Monkey bounce decks would have been with the old Quinjet. Not that it would ever been as popular as Shuri, because it isn't as straight-forward. Then again, maybe I'm underestimating the amount of Edwin van Cleef* veterans playing Snap.

It's the next season pass card: https://snap.fan/cards/HitMonkey/

*Rogue card from Hearthstone

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 23, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cartridgeblowers posted:

You get one guaranteed S4 card in every set of 40 Reserves, starting with the first. But you can get one in Box 1 and one in Box 80, or one in Box 40 and one in Box 41.

There is a 1% chance that any Reserve that would contain an S3 card will instead have an S5 card. There is no pity timer on this.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I was spamming Ultron mindlessly grinding out 4 card location wins and ended up like 5 levels positive in infinite, that was interesting. I can't remember going positive in infinite off of much else other than pre nerf baero but now i remember when i was first playing months ago wong was a lot more prevalent and enchantress/and sera control period, were very common. Patriot was always disrupted.

But with the meta shifting priority control and sera control falling in disfavor for not being able to stop lot of higher level meta decks, enchantress has all but disappeared. I remember wongs running free post zabu nerf, but since i was early t3 in cards ongoing messed me up a lot so i always kept a tech rogue in once i got one. I never realized outside of my decks the whole quinjet thing was so bad because i always kept rogue to deal with zabus, then wongs, and then quinjets.

So I'm real surprised I'm doing so well with Ultron/Patriot/kazoo deck, but it turns out a consistent 20/25 in every lane still wins games with cosmo to hide all your ongoings behind just in case. With Aero dead ultron doesn't get screwed over by going into the wrong lane and magneto is also v off meta.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Every season I get stuck in the 50s and am sad I missed out on the free variant. Glad I slugged through this time to finally get pixel electro.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

OxMan posted:

I was spamming Ultron mindlessly grinding out 4 card location wins and ended up like 5 levels positive in infinite, that was interesting. I can't remember going positive in infinite off of much else other than pre nerf baero but now i remember when i was first playing months ago wong was a lot more prevalent and enchantress/and sera control period, were very common. Patriot was always disrupted.

But with the meta shifting priority control and sera control falling in disfavor for not being able to stop lot of higher level meta decks, enchantress has all but disappeared. I remember wongs running free post zabu nerf, but since i was early t3 in cards ongoing messed me up a lot so i always kept a tech rogue in once i got one. I never realized outside of my decks the whole quinjet thing was so bad because i always kept rogue to deal with zabus, then wongs, and then quinjets.

So I'm real surprised I'm doing so well with Ultron/Patriot/kazoo deck, but it turns out a consistent 20/25 in every lane still wins games with cosmo to hide all your ongoings behind just in case. With Aero dead ultron doesn't get screwed over by going into the wrong lane and magneto is also v off meta.

What's your list, I'm in the final stages of the climb and getting a little sick of playing Shuri. I think I have everything needed if it's patriot ultron you're playing

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
I got annoyed trying to get infinate with my go to Shuri last week. The deck can do it but it's such a known commodity at this point, it's just a slog. You 50/50 on to many mirrors and going positive at any decent rate feels glacial. One of my weaknesses as a player is that the closer to infinite I get the tighter and tighter I get for snapping. It makes my cube rate slow down alot.
So with that in mind I really wanted a deck that sees turn 6 showdowns, to me this is the sweet spot for climbing, even if you aren't an aggressive snapper, because if your op feels like they might win they snap and you can see competative conclusions for 4 Cubes regularly.

I'll post the deck I switched to and rocked to infinite with, but it's a bit worse post patch. Having said that it still finished my last two ranks so I think it's not in a bad spot.

The core isn't new, but the formulation from the legends of Runterra pro WhatAmI seemed a bit novel so I just copied his list. He played it to a top 4 finish in the 128 person snap.fan tourney from two weeks ago.

Quinjet
Hood
Sunspot
Titania
Iceman
Sentinel
Maria hill
Moongirl
Shang chi
Aero
She-hulk
America chavez

I played it because it has a great come from behind turn 6 feel that causes people to stay in games they just shouldn't. It might not seem it if you haven't played a "double up" moon girl deck before, but this deck reliably drops 3-5 cards turn 6. Letting you play to the lanes YOU want to play to and dictating some toss ups for alot of games.
At its best stuff like Shang into two She-hulks is just a back breaker some turn 6s.

Here is a really mini play guide:
The whole point is to play out small guys to clear hand space and moon girl to copy at least one of (hopefully two) of these cards in this priority order:
She-hulk
Demon
Titanic
Skip most turn 5s with the deck to loose priority. Then play out 3-5 cards turn 6.
Honestly this isn't an easy deck to play well on the decision making margins so be forwarded it's a tough pickup and just start winning with deck. My rule of thumb was if I couldn't look at my turn 4 play (ideally moongirl) and know what cards I would be able to dump turn 6 already it was ok to retreat to a snap. If I could see turn 6 would be a -4+ card play turn (ideally with She-hulk I'd often stay in.
The real str of the deck is its flexibility in putting power out to all three lanes turn 6 letting your opponent have to do alot of guess work.

So what to change post patch?
Honestly at this point I'm changing nothing. Aero was played differently in this deck to begin with, she is more of an actual tech card here to begin with. Quinjet sees the biggest nerf here but still has a really good interaction with sentinel. On that note sentinel was always a really good card never cut it.

This decks bad match ups are sandman decks and decks that also dont want prio like Sera miracle. If you see alot of that run something else.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 23, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The best way to counter Shuri is to deny them board space. I win against Shuri a lot when I play Surfer because I have both Storm and Professor X in that list. You still generally lose if they run Vision or Captain Marvel, but most don't.

I'm also surprised no one has been running Enchantress lately, considering how much Armor is used in Shuri. Zabu control allows you to Enchantress and Shang Chi on the last turn, so again if you can win 1 lane you can swing the second.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Walla posted:

Zabu control
Gonna try this out :respek:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tom Smykowski posted:

Gonna try this out :respek:

Good luck! I've soured a bit on Sera and Zabu, though I couldn't say why.

I've an idea for a Zabu Sera list with Enchantress, Shang Chi and Absorbing Man but I'm not sure how viable it would be.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Fate Accomplice posted:

very few things more satisfying in game than shutting down a Wong lane with Cosmo

Pulling a wong from the location with magneto the same turn they fill it with cards is better

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Maria Hill still worth it without the free card from quinjet?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

AHHH I loving did it! And with time to spare! Freaking out now because this poo poo is likely not happening again.

Shuri to 95-

DinoJet to 105.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Opopanax posted:

One thing I did learn though, Hulk Buster does NOT trigger Asteroid M

That makes sense, because he gets triggered first and attaches to whatever, and then that card gets played.

Well, it's consistent anyway, not sure if it makes sense.