Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Redfall looks real bad, but like, I also don't like the style of game it is at its core at all and never will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Charles Martel posted:

Diablo IV Open Beta is up for pre-load. Approximate size is 92.59GB according to the store page. That's one thicc Lilith.

fwiw it said that for me as well, but the actual download size was more like 35gigs

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
After last weekend, I want more D4. Last time I downloaded it on ps4 for my buddy's sake. I will not be making that mistake twice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'll probably just wait until a month or so after the full release to play. I know people that never even got to play last weekend because of the queues and server stability issues. The full release will most likely be unplayable for the first week or two.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I'll probably just wait until a month or so after the full release to play. I know people that never even got to play last weekend because of the queues and server stability issues. The full release will most likely be unplayable for the first week or two.

It was only bad for me on the first day, and that was due to a bug that wouldn't let me log in even after the queue time was up. Saturday afternoon (once they patched it) and all day Sunday I had no issues playing whatsoever.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

I said come in! posted:

As an anecdote Friday was abysmal in early afternoon, down to sub fifteen minutes by the evening, and no queue of any substance by Saturday. I'm not gonna say definitively that it'll be the best thing ever on release, but I will say that even with that limited slice, it is absolutely going to be fun to go through the campaign and definitely good for getting classes to Max level

That's the safe version. If I don't hedge, then I'd say it's going to be genuinely great even in endgame as long as it pans out the way it looks like it will

But the fundamentals are there. Most vitally, skills feel good to use and its embarrassing but there's no other series than this that I can say that of.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I’m actually that person that thinks Redfall looks cool/interesting, but I could be ascribing too much goodwill to Arkane Austin after the masterpiece that was Prey 2017

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

They make cool worlds so if nothing else it'll be neat to explore.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I usually don't go in for these type of games at all but I'm super digging Valheim. Don't know why the building feels more accessible and engaging here than in other similars but whatever.

I built the coolest little tree-house house. Built it up against a big tree on a mound at the top of a tall hill, with the tree being included as part of the wall and a second story wrap around porch for the tree-house vibe. Very cool

E: it's probably the flute bg music

Perry Mason Jar fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 23, 2023

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Not sure who, but one of the previewers described Redfall as a Far Cry game written by Stephen King. Which seems pretty cool to me, I'll try it out at the least.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I said come in! posted:

Is Hellblade 2 ever actually coming out? :(

It got mega delayed thanks to COVID and then delayed again once they decided to switch over entirely to Unreal 5. Ninja Theory seems to be uploading more dev diaries as of late though.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I usually don't go in for these type of games at all but I'm super digging Valheim. Don't know why the building feels more accessible and engaging here than in other similars but whatever.

I built the coolest little tree-house house. Built it up against a big tree on a mound at the top of a tall hill, with the tree being included as part of the wall and a second story wrap around porch for the tree-house vibe. Very cool

E: it's probably the flute bg music

Cool to hear. I'm also not into those games but kinda wanted to try it back when it was the hot thing. Cool it's on GP now I'll check it out this weekend.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

John F Bennett posted:

Not sure who, but one of the previewers described Redfall as a Far Cry game written by Stephen King. Which seems pretty cool to me, I'll try it out at the least.

Yeah it looks like some supernatural far cry with loot, which I'd be down for. Hopefully the shooting feels good, that hasn't really been their strong suit

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ColdPie posted:

Cool to hear. I'm also not into those games but kinda wanted to try it back when it was the hot thing. Cool it's on GP now I'll check it out this weekend.

My friend on PC bought a server and three of us have been making our way through the game. We're just to iron weapons.

Best moment was making it back to our second base with tons of loot and one of us accidentally kites a troll back to our base. Absolutely pants making GBS threads experience as we watched that thing start to demolish our outpost in the Swamp.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Game Pass fuckin owns

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I'm guessing the saves between UBisoft gamepass games on xbox and pc aren't gonna be linked, kinda like Dead Cells right?

I've been playing AC:Odyssey on Series X and was wanting to continue on PC.. Game's pretty fun actually! Especially the ship combat.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

priznat posted:

I'm guessing the saves between UBisoft gamepass games on xbox and pc aren't gonna be linked, kinda like Dead Cells right?

I've been playing AC:Odyssey on Series X and was wanting to continue on PC.. Game's pretty fun actually! Especially the ship combat.

Depends on the game, I don't think AC Odyssey will, but Valhalla let me pull my save from the PS5 version to the Series X.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

xK1 posted:

Depends on the game, I don't think AC Odyssey will, but Valhalla let me pull my save from the PS5 version to the Series X.

Shame. I think the ubi launcher would introduce more complications and I don’t even want to install that crap if I can help it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah the newer games that actually launched with a native Series version mostly have some form of Ubisoft account-based cross-save but Odyssey doesn't.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The definitive (free) version of The Show comes out tomorrow :swoon:

Wait. Never mind: 28th...okay.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

The Illusive Man posted:

I’m actually that person that thinks Redfall looks cool/interesting, but I could be ascribing too much goodwill to Arkane Austin after the masterpiece that was Prey 2017

For what it's worth, PC Gamer & GiantBomb seem to be the only previews that were meh about the game, a lot of others were more positive and if you think if looks cool/interesting based on what's been shown already I think you'll probably like the game itself. Personally I am waiting and hoping for Arkane to make Dishonored 3 because I love that IP but also commend them for actually being brave enough to keep trying new IPs and putting their own unique take on things.

Wiltsghost posted:

They make cool worlds so if nothing else it'll be neat to explore.

id software helped them with gunplay and apparently it's really fun to shoot stuff because of this too.

Agree with everyone about this being very technically impressive but it's really cool seeing the lady that plays Senua having fun and doing such a good job when she basically stumbled into the role from being a developer iirc. That initial reveal (not the gameplay one with the huge monster, but the chanting one) was rad.

UE5 looks great though and I'm pumped as heck for Gears 6 whenever it comes. The Coalition has been taking their time learning the engine and helping Epic with development, as well as making that really impressive Matrix demo a while back. Excited to see what they do with it and hoping the next Gears has some big team battle equivalent for multiplayer since they've essentially perfected the gameplay at this point.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1639240494214705152

The UK still has concerns about the cloud market, but this seems to remove Sony's biggest argument.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
This thing might actually wrap up by June after all

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

But Microsoft might still ship a Call of Duty game on PlayStation where they intentionally break the last level of the campaign, the thing most CoD players care deeply about.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Consolidation is bad and yet I want this to succeed. I'm problematic and should probably be scolded.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When every game is on gamepass i will give phil my $1.00 and play them.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BurningBeard posted:

Consolidation is bad and yet I want this to succeed. I'm problematic and should probably be scolded.
Activision is in an awful place. They need a kick in the pants and a fresh start (like blowing up the CODmines and green lighting THPS3+4).

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

BurningBeard posted:

The best outcome we can hope for I think is the deal goes through but also union efforts continue and are successful.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

American McGay posted:

Activision is in an awful place.

They're about to be in a far worse place.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I have profoundly selfish reasons for wanting this. Microsoft is the only console developer that gives an actual gently caress about accessibility at a firmware level. This extends to their first party stuff as well. Nintendo's attempts are pathetic and Sony only seems to care for select properties.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BurningBeard posted:

I have profoundly selfish reasons for wanting this. Microsoft is the only console developer that gives an actual gently caress about accessibility at a firmware level. This extends to their first party stuff as well. Nintendo's attempts are pathetic and Sony only seems to care for select properties.

The PS5's firmware settings are pretty close now, I think the main difference is I don't think the PS5 has that dual-controller mode Xbox has, at least not yet.

Hopefully the stuff Xbox is doing is more locked in now, I do computer support for disabled users including blind ones and Microsoft's apps have a nasty habit of silently auto-updating and then breaking screen readers and keyboard shortcuts (Teams is especially bad for this).

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

univbee posted:

They're about to be in a far worse place.

I would actually bet that Microsoft's culture results in less sexual harassment than whatever Activision has going on right now.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

American McGay posted:

Activision is in an awful place. They need a kick in the pants and a fresh start (like blowing up the CODmines and green lighting THPS3+4).

Yeah if the acquisition succeeds it's genuinely good for their emplyees as Kotick will be leaving and they'll be able to unionize (unless something about that changed recently) and as we've seen so far, Xbox acquisitions have treated developers well and given them a lot of freedom and support to do what they normally wouldn't have been able to previously which has resulted in some great new IPs. Since Sony declined to sign any agreement for COD I hope it allows all those developers breathing room and frees them from the yearly release schedule.

COD's a money maker and Xbox will want all that cash but the franchise would benefit a lot from no longer being a yearly release imo, especially since some studios have clearly been struggling to keep up. Maybe they'll just let Infinity Ward handle the IP along with their support studios and developers like Treyarch etc. can go and do their own thing.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The next crimson skies game is going to be mobile and developed by King

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

BurningBeard posted:

I think sometimes its fine to accept that your opinions might be dumb and selfish, but if it gets you what you want then whatever.

I probably could go the rest of my life without a Crash Team Racing PC port, or Tony Hawks 1+2 on Steam, or Tony Hawks 3+4 remaster, or the faintest hope of Diablo appearing on Steam. But I think the chances of me getting all of those things are, however marginally, better under Microsoft than they are under an independent Activision.

EDIT: The workplace culture stuff just happens to be a fairly strong argument in favour of this going ahead anyway tbh, regardless of our own silly game release wishlists.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

univbee posted:

The PS5's firmware settings are pretty close now, I think the main difference is I don't think the PS5 has that dual-controller mode Xbox has, at least not yet.

Hopefully the stuff Xbox is doing is more locked in now, I do computer support for disabled users including blind ones and Microsoft's apps have a nasty habit of silently auto-updating and then breaking screen readers and keyboard shortcuts (Teams is especially bad for this).

Ah didn't know that about Ps5. I'm going off how it was back on last Gen. There were arbitrary whole rear end screens, many vital, that the ps4 screen reader wouldn't speak. And you're absolutely right about auto update lol. To be clear the difference is between just adequate and barely functional in my experience.

Also share play was a huge accessibility boon even if it wasn't marketed that way and I'll never forgive Sony for pretty much silently sweeping it aside.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BurningBeard posted:

Also share play was a huge accessibility boon even if it wasn't marketed that way and I'll never forgive Sony for pretty much silently sweeping it aside.

Not sure if you're meaning just not mentioning it, but I think it's still present and hasn't been excised from PS4/PS5?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

univbee posted:

Not sure if you're meaning just not mentioning it, but I think it's still present and hasn't been excised from PS4/PS5?

Oh no it's definitely still there. Support has been extremely inconsistent title to title. There's been no mandate to support it so you never knew if it would function game to game. Sometimes it would not function then months later would. I'm sure this was a combo of developer paranoia about lost sales plus lack of awareness.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

External Organs posted:

The next crimson skies game is going to be mobile and developed by King

You mean like the last one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

:eyepop: